HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Josh Harding (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=866633)

FightinSioux 01-19-2011 12:14 AM

Josh Harding

We hes back from injury....... Minny will have Theo, Backstrom, and Khudobin who has looked good.

What is a guy like Harding worth? whats your team willing to give for a young goalie.

Camden 01-19-2011 12:39 AM

Khudobin has had two very good games (keep in mind one against Edmonton). If he plays two very bad games next we may never hear from him again... as it was beginning to look with Hackett in Houston now and Minnesota choosing to sign Theodore that Khudobin was KHL bound at seasons end... still may be...

stubbadub 01-19-2011 03:05 AM

4th round pick :(

joestevens29 01-19-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubbadub (Post 30309492)
4th round pick :(

With Harding gone for the year that is probably an overpayment. Isn't he suppose to be gone for the year? Not sure too many teams will be in the line for a UFA coming off of major surgery. Granted he is younger and full of potential, I just don't see many teams giving up much for his rights.

Podgornik 01-19-2011 11:29 AM

Anything we can get in the form of prospects and picks is worth it. He's done for the year, meaning the chance of him walking at years end and us getting nothing is sky high.

SaintMorose 01-19-2011 11:32 AM

Gord Baldwin and a 7th

forthewild 01-19-2011 12:35 PM

There is one big problem, he may not be able to be traded if he's injured, and doubt he's coming back in time for deadline, Theo is the guy we should be shopping high value, experience one year deal

JBernierFan 01-19-2011 12:37 PM

At this point, I'm not sure he's really worth much, if anything. He hasn't played in a long time, and seems to get hurt every season. No team is going to give anything of value for that. It seems like every year at the start, everyone is saying this is the year he takes control of the Minny net. I think his injury history has pretty much ruined his career.

Lint07 01-19-2011 01:07 PM

Minny should've traded him a loooong time ago back when he had a decent value.

Now good luck trying to get something good for him.

WJG 01-19-2011 01:16 PM

Not as much as he once was.

At one point, I'd say he was the best young backup with starting potential in the league and could have been moved for something similar to what Halak fetched.

But at this point I'd say he's worth the same as guys like Lindback, Henrik Karlsson, Gustavsson, etc.

Vashanesh 01-19-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lint07 (Post 30313821)
Minny should've traded him a loooong time ago back when he had a decent value.

Now good luck trying to get something good for him.

I don't remember a time when he was worth better than a late 2nd round pick.

He's got all the tools, just never got an extended shot to prove himself as a starter. Now he's got all these injury problems - granted, this year's was a complete and utter fluke.

He's a great guy, but I don't see him as anything more than a career backup at this point. I wish I was wrong (and would've rather kept him over Backstrom before his last extension), but I haven't seen the health from him...

forthewild 01-19-2011 05:11 PM

Agree we should have ditched Backs then his value was sky high, but we didn't, Harding can rebound my guess is he might sign a deal for another year with Wild to rebuild his value, but who knows i do want to see him succeed i think he can still be the guy he's not that old and he could have a solid 10-12 year career