HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Van-NJ (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=866868)

Johnsie19 01-19-2011 04:47 PM

Van-NJ

To Vancouver
Parise

To NJ
Schneider
Bieksa (Rights to)
Raymond

Off season deal

Zajacs Bowl Cut 01-19-2011 04:48 PM

HUGE pass from NJ.

apice3* 01-19-2011 04:49 PM

Are you sure you don't want us to throw in our first rounder too?

Winroba 01-19-2011 04:50 PM

Stop it stop it stop it this has been beaten to death and Vancouver & Parise don't need to be talked about in the same sentence unless Gillis is going to send him an offer sheet

BeastoftheEast85 01-19-2011 04:51 PM

:loony:

keslehr* 01-19-2011 04:53 PM

Add a 1st and Schroeder and maybe NJ touches it. Right now, garbage proposal. Unless its a Heatley like situation no way Parise goes for that little.

Luck 6 01-19-2011 04:53 PM

This needs to be closed... Now... I offered Ballard, Raymond, Schneider and a pick and that wasn't enough, so this certainly isnt! Besides, its been talked about to death.. Stop it

Johnsie19 01-19-2011 04:56 PM

Cody Hodgson as well?

kiwidevil 01-19-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck 6 (Post 30319348)
This needs to be closed... Now... I offered Ballard, Raymond, Schneider and a pick and that wasn't enough, so this certainly isnt! Besides, its been talked about to death.. Stop it

LOL I hope you were joking too.

Zajacs Bowl Cut 01-19-2011 05:14 PM

schneider does not have as much value as some canucks fans would like to think

Johnsie19 01-19-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye (Post 30319729)
schneider does not have as much value as some canucks fans would like to think

Didn't think so either untill I watched him play this year. He's gonna be a top 10 goalie for the next 10 years. Bieksa brings NJ hurtin d some help. Raymond is a potential 30 goals man. Id look at throwing in hodgson cause we're so deep at c but really maybe just a draft pick. Parise Kesler would be deadly. Surprised so me people see this as so unfair.

vancityluongo 01-19-2011 05:47 PM

NJ will never trade Parise, but how does this look value wise (hypothetically) from the Devils perspective?

Raymond
Hodgson/Schroeder
Tanev (RIT guy! close to Jersey and I believe Lou has some connections there)
Vancouver 1st 2011

for Parise

Young top-6 forward, borderline blue chip prospect center/speedy winger, the top defensive prospect in the Canucks system, and a 1st. A hell of a lot to give up, but Parise is a top-3 LW in the game, so I wouldn't really hesitate to make this move.

JuniorNelson 01-19-2011 05:48 PM

Why do people think the Canucks need Parise?

Why would the Canucks fracture the franchise to aquire him?

Semin, maybe you could make an arguement for. Parise? I'd rather have Mair.

EliasR8 01-19-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuniorNelson (Post 30320288)
Why do people think the Canucks need Parise?

Why would the Canucks fracture the franchise to aquire him?

Semin, maybe you could make an arguement for. Parise? I'd rather have Mair.

lol wtf.

Edler would have to be included to get Parise, but NJ will keep him unless he says he wants out.

Johnsie19 01-19-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vancityluongo (Post 30320272)
NJ will never trade Parise, but how does this look value wise (hypothetically) from the Devils perspective?

Raymond
Hodgson/Schroeder
Vancouver 1st 2011

for Parise

Young top-6 forward, borderline blue chip prospect center/speedy winger, the top defensive prospect in the Canucks system, and a 1st. A hell of a lot to give up, but Parise is a top-3 LW in the game, so I wouldn't really hesitate to make this move.

As a Vancouver fan Id gladly do this. I think my original offer is better especially considering Brodeur is almost done. And that Semin comment, pretty sure kovy is proving why we wouldnt want Semin

kyle evs48 01-19-2011 05:59 PM

give it a rest

ManoWarrior 01-19-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnsie19 (Post 30319261)
To Vancouver
Parise

To NJ
Schneider
Bieksa (Rights to)
Raymond

Off season deal

My updated version of this:

Off-season

To Van:

Parise

Schneider
Erhoff (rights to)
Raymond
Hodgson
3rd

As a Van fan, I still wouldn't do this, but this is accurate value IMO. Parise would be a nice luxury, but not as necessary as some of these pieces we give up. From a New Jersey point of view, if they sign Erhoff to a reasonable deal, they win this trade. If not, then odds are they give up slightly less value, unless the other pieces perform even better than expected.

apice3* 01-19-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vancityluongo (Post 30320272)

Raymond
Hodgson/Schroeder
Vancouver 1st 2011

for Parise

So a top 10-15 player in the league for a quality prospect, a very late 1st, an OK LW, and an RIT guy?

RIT isn't close to NJ at all. That's like saying Montreal is close to NJ. It's about a half hour difference. And that RIT guy isn't even in your team's top 20 prospects. Not sure why he's even mentioned in this deal.

The rest of the deal, meh. Some pieces are nicer than others, but overall, it's a clear no. If the Devils are dealing Parise, quality talent is coming back. Start with Edler and/or Kesler and go from there.

NJ and Vancouver do not make good trade partners. :deadhorse

apice3* 01-19-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnsie19 (Post 30320426)
As a Vancouver fan Id gladly do this. I think my original offer is better especially considering Brodeur is almost done. And that Semin comment, pretty sure kovy is proving why we wouldnt want Semin

Yeah, because Kovy's production is completely relevant to what Semin can do.

Besides, Kovy isn't even playing as poorly as most are making him out to be. He's sniping posts left and right and we're asking him to do things he's not capable of - like score 40 goals with no consistent linemates, and primarily rookies. Plus, for reasons unknown to Devil fans, he's not shooting the puck as much as he should be. He has FIVE more shots than Clarkson for Christ's sakes. He's on pace for his fewest shot total since his rookie year.

Just A Bit Outside 01-19-2011 06:13 PM

I'd rather offer sheet him in the off-season and lose the picks if he really did want to leave.

The Canucks could move the necessary pieces to get under the cap/regain some picks through other trades.

All-in all, Nucks and Devils are not good trade partners for a Parise deal.

If I'm Jersey, I'm looking at LA as the best possible destination if he were to be dealt as far as a return goes.

Scottrockztheworld* 01-19-2011 06:16 PM

is this the 6th or 7th thread with almost the EXACT trade? I think it might be the 6th.

STOP! We aren't getting Parise!!!

HighLifeMan 01-19-2011 06:18 PM

From an outside perspective Vancouver would have to start with Edler and add.

Edler + Raymond + Schroeder

For

Parise

Johnsie19 01-19-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apice3 (Post 30320632)
Yeah, because Kovy's production is completely relevant to what Semin can do.

Besides, Kovy isn't even playing as poorly as most are making him out to be. He's sniping posts left and right and we're asking him to do things he's not capable of - like score 40 goals with no consistent linemates, and primarily rookies. Plus, for reasons unknown to Devil fans, he's not shooting the puck as much as he should be. He has FIVE more shots than Clarkson for Christ's sakes. He's on pace for his fewest shot total since his rookie year.

Ahh so a league worst -27 isn't playing bad. And I don't know if you've noticed but players from different countries tend to have different characteristics. Russians in general are highly skilled, unmotivated, selfish players. Now that is just a general rule, because we all know Datsyuk is one of the best players ever but I could name 10 to every one exception. Kovy, Ovi, Kovalev, Semin, zherdev, frolov, filotov, samsonov, afinagenov, etc. I could be mistaken but I think only kovavlev has one a stanley cup out of this group.

Johnsie19 01-19-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reds81 (Post 30320706)
I'd rather offer sheet him in the off-season and lose the picks if he really did want to leave.

The Canucks could move the necessary pieces to get under the cap/regain some picks through other trades.

All-in all, Nucks and Devils are not good trade partners for a Parise deal.

If I'm Jersey, I'm looking at LA as the best possible destination if he were to be dealt as far as a return goes.

Does Schneider not fit perfectly into NJ's team with Brodeur soon to retire? And high end prospects, do they not fit in? NJ is rebuilding they must admit it. But given the right moves they could be good again in a couple years.

Zajacs Bowl Cut 01-19-2011 09:08 PM

again, Schneider does not have as much value as you all think he does.

goalies trade value is way down