HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Congrats JP (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=867006)

kivaerijo 01-19-2011 10:15 PM

Congrats JP

Ok, i dont start threads very often, but feel it necessary in this case.

According to NP site, JP's performance last night was a pretty momentus occasion:
"Congrats to J-P Dumont; his first hat trick as a member of the Predators organization and fourth career regular season hat trick (Dumont also had a playoff hat trick). Five goals already on the road trip for Dumont. By the way, just the third Preds player to score back-to-back multi-goal games (joining Scott Walker and Denis Arkhipov). "

So congrats JP on fighting through the low minutes and the "dog-house", and bringing another predators memory for me. There have been plenty that you have been involved in.

cleangene 01-19-2011 10:53 PM

AMEN and I second every word. As pointed out in a different thread, JP is such a wonderful representative of this organization on and off the ice. I will NEVER forget his first PRED goal just 36 seconds into his career here, along with his efforts in game 2 of the 07 playoffs. KEEP UP THE FANGTASTIC WORK J. P. DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUMONT.

I Will Son 01-20-2011 12:00 AM

Man its great to see jp play well. Hes always been a hard worker and he got results from his effort. I was at that game to, his first goal was so dirty. To bad we lost that game 8-6...I hope he keeps it up and I congratulate him on his past couple of games!

token grinder 01-20-2011 10:27 AM

The other night I had a thought watching him skate around with those kids. Not sayinf any of the three reminded me of them, but it reminded me of seeing a rejuvanated brett hull playing with kids in detroit on a third line. Hull went from a guy who was in a lull and played on the pp to a guy who seemed to give a crap again. Again not saying JP is half the player hull was, and def not saying mueller and Halichuk are a smidgen of the players those kids in detroit are, but the enthusiasm and wide-eyed look reminded me of those kids. those kids were zetterburg and datsyuk

Webersmashpuck 01-20-2011 11:33 AM

Im really happy for JP, it wasn't just the fact he was getting low minutes. Dumont has been terrible most of the year, he has changed his style in the past few games and is now hanging out in front of the net. Hopefully Dumont keeps it up because he is a great Predator and member of the community.

glenngineer 01-20-2011 06:04 PM

I will say this, in the land of overpaid, spoiled athletes, JP has risen above all of that in his approach to the game and most of all, the team. He could've sulked. He could've asked for a trade. He could've spoken ill of Trotz and the team in the press. Instead, he's worked hard behind the scenes. He's taken the kids under his wings and given them veteran leadership. He's shown them and the rest of the team what a true professional does regardless of the situation. Truly a team guy. I give him a ton of credit for the way he's handled himself. I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors but from what I can see, a very classy guy on and off the ice. Well done JP, well done.