HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Injury Report: 2010-11 Official Injury Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=867185)

Screw You Rick Nash 01-20-2011 11:58 AM

2010-11 Official Injury Thread

So far our injuries include:

NameStatusInjuryGames Missed*Will Return**Expected Date of Return***
Derek BoogaardOUTConcussion37Out IndefinitelyUnknown
Martin BironOUTBroken Collar Bone7Out IndefinitelyUnknown
Chris DruryIRKnee Surgery171 WeekMarch 24
Alexander FrolovIRTorn right ACL & Sprained MCL28Will miss rest of seasonHopefully never

*As of 11:05PM on 3/16/2011
**Based on how long they said they would be out for minus how much time has passed.
***If they are out the full amount of time.

Previous Injuries:

NameInjuryGames Missed
Ryan CallahanBroken Hand19
Erik ChristensenSprained MCL16
Chris DruryBroken Finger2
Chris DruryBroken Finger29
Brandon DubinskyFractured Leg5
Ruslan FedotenkoSprained Shoulder & Appendectomy14
Ruslan FedotenkoUnknown2
Marian GaborikSeparated Shoulder12
Marian GaborikConcussion5
Dan GirardiPulled Muscle in Ribcage2
Ryan McDonaghInjured Left Knee1
Vinnie ProspalKnee Surgery53
Michal RozsivalSprained Shoulder9
Michal RozsivalRibcage Injury2
Marc StaalTwisted Knee3

asparkoflife 01-20-2011 12:09 PM

I agree. So rough.

howztheglass 01-20-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaneone (Post 30334912)
I've been saying this for about a day, that we should start an Injury Thread, since we are loaded with injuries this season. (Mods: Feel free to delete if you want to keep threads seperately.)
So far our injuries include:

NameStatusInjury
Derek BoogaardIRConcussion
Ryan CallahanIRBroken left hand
Erik ChristensenIRSprained right MCL
Brandon DubinskyDay-to-dayFractured left leg
Ruslan FedotenkoIRSprained Shoulder
Alexander FrolovIRTorn right ACL & Sprained MCL
Vinny ProspalIRKnee Surgery

And most of us thought that 5 of those players would be on the first 2 lines.

Dubi
Cally
Frolov
Feds
Prospal--looks like he won't even play 1 game this year.

At least the kids have come on strong to replace most of these guys.

Swedish Fish 01-20-2011 12:13 PM

At least Eminger is ok

HockeyBasedNYC 01-20-2011 12:19 PM

Its nice to keep things organized considering the Rangers are falling like a deck of cards -

But just a tip - for those who dont know, if you click on the "Injury Report" heading for any of the injury threads, it takes you to a page listing all of them in order of most recent post.

howztheglass 01-20-2011 12:27 PM

Youth be served.

Who have thought that this year the following players would have made the N.Y Ranger's roster.

Stepan---ok Drury's injury helped but he had a great camp.
Zucco--we all thought somewhere he would be called up.
Weise--maybe with an injury.
McD---we all hoped.
Sauer--came out with a strong camp.
Gilroy---still up in the air with him.

but,

Dupont
Kolarik
Newbury

Who's next the only 1 left with the Whale is Grachev.

Future's bright--and even with all the kids we look better and better each game.

broadwayblue 01-20-2011 12:29 PM

If we can survive the next half dozen games we should be ok. Cally is due back around the 1st, and EC is not very far behind. A successful road trip this week will go a long way to keeping the ship afloat.

HockeyBasedNYC 01-20-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 30335626)
If we can survive the next half dozen games we should be ok. Cally is due back around the 1st, and EC is not very far behind. A successful road trip this week will go a long way to keeping the ship afloat.

Yeah, the next 6 games are huge. If they can pull out a win tonight, that separates the playoff line to 9 points and 8 in the win column. (with 2 gms in hand for Car)

CAR
ATL
WAS
FLA

Should be getting Cally back after the break, so that should help as well. I'd honestly take a split for these 4, take 61 points going into the AS weekend and be happy.

Patriks7 01-20-2011 12:46 PM

I think this thread would be more helpful if you included the estimated time period of their returns (even though quite depressing to look at).

TreeSapLlama 01-20-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriks7 (Post 30335951)
I think this thread would be more helpful if you included the estimated time period of their returns (even though quite depressing to look at).

Agreed. And an especially enterprising individual could include the # of games they are projected to miss, have missed, etc:nod::nod:

StaalWars 01-20-2011 01:03 PM

What's the deal with Boogaard anyway? Is he even going to play hockey again? What a waste of a contract.

Wraparounds 01-20-2011 01:06 PM

Good thread. I nominate it for a sticky.

Screw You Rick Nash 01-20-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaalWars (Post 30336308)
What's the deal with Boogaard anyway? Is he even going to play hockey again? What a waste of a contract.

He's probably going to miss the rest of this season. Hopefully he comes back, because I didn't think it was much of a waste of cap space. People were running Lundqvist and Carcillo hitting Gaborik last year and no one stuck up for them. I could care less if Boogaard fights or not; I just want him on the ice just to scare everyone to make them think twice. I didn't want him here for the staged fights that he has just about every game he was in so far.

Swagelin 01-20-2011 01:18 PM

If we make it deep into the playoffs, is there any chance Frolov or Prospal join us?

Blueshirt Special 01-20-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

I really wish we would stop wasting $$ and TOI on these enforcer contracts. Overall team toughness seems to be more than adequate. I don't recall being beat up on since Boogie went down.

Mjollnir9* 01-20-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special (Post 30337092)
I really wish we would stop wasting $$ and TOI on these enforcer contracts. Overall team toughness seems to be more than adequate. I don't recall being beat up on since Boogie went down.

Agreed. Also, Am I the only one who is not impressed with Boogards fighting at ALL?! He really has not dominated in any fight this year... I was expecting massive beatdowns, but it has been more like massive letdowns...:shakehead

Puckface NYR* 01-20-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAB0RIK (Post 30336581)
If we make it deep into the playoffs, is there any chance Frolov or Prospal join us?

If we make it to the playoffs we should be going with the team that got us there. No need to throw guys in who have missed the entire and half the season

SwedishBullet62 01-20-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

If we make it deal into the playoffs aside from the fact that I wouldn't want prospal and deffinitslly by frolov making their returning debut during the playoffs. And I'd much rather stick with that guys that got us there than hand someone an unearned spot back

Screw You Rick Nash 01-20-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Yea I agree with everyone else. But if I had to choose one, I would take Prospal.

Florida Ranger 01-20-2011 02:40 PM

That's disgusting.

I guess it was our turn in the injury bug cycle.

Fitzy 01-20-2011 02:41 PM

I've never heard an injury be declared "season ending" and then have the player come back in the playoffs.

If anyone has even the slightest chance its Vinny, and that seems like a dream more than anything right now.

At full strength, this is what the team looks like right now, assuming MZA has earned the rest of the season with the club;

Dubinsky-Stepan-Gaborik
Wolski-Anisimov-Callahan
Fedotenko-Boyle-Zuccarello
Avery-Drury-Prust
Christensen

Now of course, thats just a depth chart of sorts, not lines per say, but I'm not 100% sure we even need to worry about Vinny once at full strength.

Skrimpy 01-20-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

NHL rules. Can't play until concussion and/or post concussion syndrome symptom free.

From Web MD.

Symptoms of a concussion include:

1. Passing out.
2. Not being able to remember what happened after the injury.
3. Acting confused, asking the same question over and over, slurring words, or not being able to concentrate.
4. Feeling lightheaded, seeing "stars," having blurry vision, or experiencing ringing in the ears.
5. Not being able to stand or walk; or having coordination and balance problems.
6. Feeling nauseous or throwing up.

Symptoms of post concussion syndrome:
1. changes in the ability to concentrate, think, remember, or solve problems.
2. headaches
3. personality changes
4. dizziness

This is why Steve Moore still can't play. Last I knew he was still hoping to come back but he still had symptoms. That was a couple years ago. He may have retired by now.

Florida Ranger 01-20-2011 02:43 PM

Give credit to Tortorella and Sullivan for keeping this team afloat, and to the players standing tall as well.

There's something special with this team. They're gonna do some damage in the playoffs when their physical damage as a team is fixed.

Florida Ranger 01-20-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skrimpy (Post 30338141)
Symptoms of post concussion syndrome:
1. changes in the ability to concentrate, think, remember, or solve problems.
2. headaches
3. personality changes
4. dizziness

Sounds like us Ranger fans at times.

Fitzy 01-20-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA (Post 30338188)
Sounds like us Ranger fans at times.

Looking at that list, Boogaard could be perfectly fine and never be cleared of post concussion symptoms.