HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Tor - SJ (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=867266)

ryno23 01-20-2011 04:45 PM

Tor - SJ

To Sj:

Francois Beauchemin
Tyler Bozak
Nazem Kadri
3rd round pick 2012

To Tor:

Joe Pavelski
Devin Setoguchi
Charlie Coyle

Why SJ does it?

Beauchemin to play in the top 4 and bring his cup winning experience. Playing with a better team will also bring Beauchemin back to the level he played in ANA.

Bozak goes either to the 3rd or 4th line as a center with Couture getting the nod as the 2nd line center so depth at center is maintain

Kadri as more upside than Coyle.

Why Tor does it?

new linemates for Kessel although the line is on the small side there is ample skill for the offence and Pavelski is a good faceoff man and good in his own zone.

Change of prospect with Burke wanting to get a big winger to fill a void in the system

Does the SJ fans think they are getting hosed in the deal??

93gilmour93 01-20-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryno23 (Post 30339403)
To Sj:

Francois Beauchemin
Tyler Bozak
Nazem Kadri
3rd round pick 2012

To Tor:

Joe Pavelski
Devin Setoguchi
Charlie Coyle

Why SJ does it?

Beauchemin to play in the top 4 and bring his cup winning experience. Playing with a better team will also bring Beauchemin back to the level he played in ANA.

Bozak goes either to the 3rd or 4th line as a center with Couture getting the nod as the 2nd line center so depth at center is maintain

Kadri as more upside than Coyle.

Why Tor does it?

new linemates for Kessel although the line is on the small side there is ample skill for the offence and Pavelski is a good faceoff man and good in his own zone.

Change of prospect with Burke wanting to get a big winger to fill a void in the system

Does the SJ fans think they are getting hosed in the deal??

replace kadri with d'amigo and take out coyle

Ryan English 01-20-2011 04:56 PM

center is a bigger need for toronto then winger, but i still say burke would do this

RogerRoeper* 01-20-2011 04:57 PM

No way from Toronto.

seanlinden 01-20-2011 05:00 PM

No way from Toronto.

Pavelski is obviously of value to the Leafs, but he'd still leave us looking for a real #1 centre, so moving Kadri for him would basically be a non-starter. Toronto would place absolutely no value on Devin Setoguchi either.

If San Jose was infact willing to ditch Pavelski for a defenceman, Beauchemin-for-Pavelski would problably be a viable starting point for a trade, at least from Toronto's perspective.

Cradorium 01-20-2011 05:01 PM

no way from SJ

DrFeelgood 01-20-2011 05:09 PM

Absolutely not from the Sharks

JeffMangum 01-20-2011 05:09 PM

This is awful for San Jose.

Pavelski is going nowhere. He's a 60+ point, two-way center who is clutch and on a great contract. 4 mil for 4 years. Wilson got a steal there. People forget the playoffs Pavelski had last year. He was dominant against the Wings, and in the late stages of the Colorado series. He got the tying goal in game 2(?) to send it to overtime so San Jose could tie up the series.

And Setoguchi likely isn't available either. He's also on a bargain contract. 1.8 million for two years. For a perennial 20 goal scorer with the potential for more. I don't know how he was signed for so little, but another steal for Wilson. He's also a necessity for the Sharks forward lineup. Who would replace him? Bozak? No. Bozak is 25 and has 55 career NHL points. Setoguchi has more goals than Bozak has points.

Coyle is fresh off a dominating WJC - he won't be moved either. He could give the Sharks some big value on his ELC on the 3rd line in a few years. He's a big body who has great hands around the net. Basically the elements that Kadri is lacking.

Also, San Jose wants to improve their defense. Not make it worse with another overpaid vet. Beauchemin is exactly the opposite of what the Sharks need. He's constantly giving the puck away, and doesn't add much in the puck-moving/scoring department. San Jose needs a PMD to take some pressure off of Boyle, and Beauchemin does not give the Shakrs that.

Toronto absolutely runs away with this one, and it makes them a much, much better team.

Winky 01-20-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 30339843)

Pavelski is going nowhere. He's a 60+ point, two-way center who is clutch and on a great contract. 4 mil for 4 years. Wilson got a steal there. People forget the playoffs Pavelski had last year. He was dominant against the Wings, and in the late stages of the Colorado series. He got the tying goal in game 2(?) to send it to overtime so San Jose could tie up the series.

And Setoguchi likely isn't available either. He's also on a bargain contract. 1.8 million for two years. For a perennial 20 goal scorer with the potential for more. I don't know how he was signed for so little, but another steal for Wilson. He's also a necessity for the Sharks forward lineup. Who would replace him? Bozak? No. Bozak is 25 and has 55 career NHL points. Setoguchi has more goals than Bozak has points.

Coyle is fresh off a dominating WJC - he won't be moved either. He could give the Sharks some big value on his ELC on the 3rd line in a few years. He's a big body who has great hands around the net. Basically the elements that Kadri is lacking.

Also, San Jose wants to improve their defense. Not make it worse with another overpaid vet. Beauchemin is exactly the opposite of what the Sharks need. He's constantly giving the puck away, and doesn't add much in the puck-moving/scoring department. San Jose needs a PMD to take some pressure off of Boyle, and Beauchemin does not give the Shakrs that.

Toronto absolutely runs away with this one, and it makes them a much, much better team.

Do you mind if I just copy and paste this every time one of these absurd proposals come up? I'd put you as the source of course. :D

Oh, and well done with the triple post!

:laugh:

JeffMangum 01-20-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winky (Post 30339968)
Do you mind if I just copy and paste this every time one of these absurd proposals come up? I'd put you as the source of course. :D

Haha, no problem. I enjoy helping in crushing the hopes and dreams of Leafs fans everywhere. :sarcasm:

shortfuze 01-20-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 30339843)

sorry? how many times has he got 60 points? i guess kessls a 40 goal player every year then. works for me.

but as a leaf fan i would probably do this as it would instantly help our team. i dont know much about coyle, but i really wouldnt want to give up on kadri.

SeenSchenn2 01-20-2011 05:32 PM

Hell no from TO. We need a number one center, not another 2nd line. We're better off with Grabo. In before "Pavelski > Grabo", and all the other shenanigans. Also, Setoguchi sucks. We'll give you Lebda for him. What's that? No? OK, keep him.

druncan 01-20-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winky (Post 30339968)

this is exactly what i thought when i read it. Brian Boyle's post should be the standard reply for these types of deals. just edit a bit to fit the proposal.

Jesus Toews* 01-20-2011 05:40 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Hell no from the Sharks. Worst TOR/SJ proposal I've seen yet and, believe me, that's really saying something. Leafs fans just need to stop. The Leafs and Sharks do not make good trading partners. Hell, the Leafs and ANYONE don't make good trading partners because Toronto has nothing tradeable of value.

druncan 01-20-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortfuze (Post 30340056)
sorry? how many times has he got 60 points? i guess kessls a 40 goal player every year then. works for me.

but as a leaf fan i would probably do this as it would instantly help our team. i dont know much about coyle, but i really wouldnt want to give up on kadri.

from 2008 onward, pavelski has put up roughly .7 points per game, which would come out to about 62 points over an 82-game season. kessel (you brought him up) since 2007 has put up just less than .4 goals per game. over an 82-game season, that's approximately 32 goals. i'd say the claim that pavelski is a "60+ point" player is more accurate than stating kessel scores 40 goals per year, though, since neither has hit either of those marks, both statements are pretty tenuous.

Thorntonfan97 01-20-2011 05:51 PM

I agree with this ^
Horrible trade for Sharks

LeafsFan2414 01-20-2011 05:52 PM

Not a chance. Bozak has improved his play a lot lately and i'd be more than happy to re-sign him to a small contract once his current one is up. Kadri is still young and developing slowly, i'd hate to see him become a great player on another team like the Sharks without complete certainty of his greatness or lack thereof. On the receiving end.. Pavelski is a great player but Setoguchi is nowhere near the help we need and who is Coyle lol, cmon. To sum up this trade.. Tor is losing a couple young guys with a huge possibility of improvement meanwhile getting a player like joe pavelski who has been inconsistent.

nocartilagehere 01-20-2011 05:56 PM

That leaf in the TO logo must be a cannibus leaf and not a maple leaf. Leaf fans must be on something up there with all of these bogus SJ-TO proposals for Beauch and any other SJ roster player not named Huskins/Wallin/McGinn/Mitchell

Mafoofoo 01-20-2011 06:11 PM

If these were real proposals by Burke to Wilson, I can imagine sooner or later Wilson would block any and all calls from Toronto.

RainbowDash 01-20-2011 06:29 PM

ITT: Headlining the trade propsal is TOR's trash for SJ's Treasure

In before Jfried comes in saying that SJ will pony up their 1st round pick for Beauchemin :laugh:

kyle evs48 01-20-2011 06:31 PM

Good grief. I take that and run if I'm Burke.

dnicks17 01-20-2011 06:38 PM

Saying Kadri has more upside than Coyle is pretty laughable.

hockeyball 01-20-2011 06:43 PM

Sigh.

Zubrus Coffee Maker 01-20-2011 06:47 PM

i have no idea why san jose would consider this deal. recent 1st rounder + struggling young forward + clutch #2 centre (all 3 with good deals) for slightly overpaid average defender + young 3rd line centre + decent prospect and a 3rd.

value wise
Kadri > Coyle
Setoguchi < Beachemin + 3rd
Pavelski >>>> Bozak

JSilvius* 01-20-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnicks17 (Post 30341511)
Saying Kadri has more upside than Coyle is pretty laughable.

How is that laughable at all?