HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Philly's biggest rivals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=867379)

CaptainAmerica 01-20-2011 09:25 PM

Philly's biggest rivals

What teams do you guys hate the most and where do the Caps fall in these rankings? From a Caps perspective the Flyers are probably our second most hated rivals after the Pens.

Giroux tha Damaja 01-20-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica (Post 30350905)
What teams do you guys hate the most and where do the Caps fall in these rankings? From a Caps perspective the Flyers are probably our second most hated rivals after the Pens.

Pens
Rangers
Devils

Habs and Bruins are both pretty damn annoying at this point because of some of their fans shenanigans in the play offs.

The Caps are probably somewhere on the list after those guys. Only because we haven't felt any really stinging defeats in the play offs or play off race at your hands. certainly a respected opponent though.

Unstable 01-20-2011 09:29 PM

Been a long time since the Caps were in our division.

Rangers/Penguins/Devils (probably in that order, but it's nearly a toss-up)

Flyers93 01-20-2011 09:29 PM

Pens # 1 for sure for me. Then Habs, Rags, Caps, and Devils in no particular order. Bruins are also starting to get there. That's how I see it.

Vikke 01-20-2011 09:33 PM

Pens.
Rags.
Debbies.
Habs.
Broons.
Caps/Sens.

Beef Invictus 01-20-2011 09:42 PM

Pens
Devils
Rangers
Habs
Bruins

Caps aren't really even on my list. Living in Caps country has been weird, the intense hatred for Philly always catches me off guard. When I told my family in PA about it, their response was "what?"

nevermore 01-20-2011 09:44 PM

Penguins
Rangers

Everybody else

Canadiens and Bruins annoy me because of their fans. I've got no real problems with the Caps right now. Another playoff series might change that, though.

Miss Mess 01-20-2011 09:47 PM

Definitely Pittsburgh & Jersey.

JGalt 01-20-2011 09:58 PM

As long as I've been a fan, and as a person who believes rivalry implies actual competition, the Devils have been the indisputable #1.

However, since Sid has entered the league, the Pens are easily the most hated.

Post lockout I would say that the Caps probably slide into the top 3 with the Rags/Bruins/Habs filling out the rest of the list.

captainpaxil 01-20-2011 09:59 PM

pens debbies habs leafs rags sens sabres. id say caps and bruins are more respected rivals then somebody i have a serious hate on for. i have a hard time liking players that even used to play for the pens or debbies

GKJ 01-20-2011 10:00 PM

The Caps are like where the Penguins were before the lockout.

JGalt 01-20-2011 10:00 PM

Also, rival is completely different from hated.

Hate top 5:
Pens
Rags
Leafs
Sens
Habs

RJ8812 01-20-2011 10:01 PM

why do caps fan consider us a big rival? honestly, i dont think there's been any rivalry between the two teams in years

CaptainAmerica 01-20-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 30352278)
why do caps fan consider us a big rival? honestly, i dont think there's been any rivalry between the two teams in years

I don't know to be honest, but that seems like the consensus on the Caps board. I presonally have a soft spot for the Flyers and I think I am exagerating a little too about the Caps hate for the Flyers. It also could be the short distance between the two teams?

Ilkka Sinisalo 01-20-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

because the rest of the teams in their division are teams with no history and like 12 fans. what's the point of hating atlanta or florida?

CaptainAmerica 01-20-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilkka Sinisalo (Post 30352710)
because the rest of the teams in their division are teams with no history and like 12 fans. what's the point of hating atlanta or florida?

This as well. In the future the Bolts will probably become one of our biggest rivals with the emergence of Stamkos and them being a really good team.

GKJ 01-20-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Because of the playoffs.

For a while back before the Lightning became good, we were THE rival to the Lightning because we beat them in the playoffs and then took Chris Gratton from them before he was bad.

Gert B Frobe 01-20-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGalt (Post 30352259)
Also, rival is completely different from hated.

Hate top 5:
Pens
Rags
Leafs
Sens
Habs

Gotta put the Devils on the top of that list. When the Pens or Leafs or Habs suck I feel bad for them and find myself rooting for some of their more interesting players. But the Devils? No. I want them to lose, lose, lose and then have their franchise move to Houston and then fold. I actually thought I liked Parise when he scored late in the olympics vs Canada but came to my senses, poured myself a drink and started hating him again.

Gert B Frobe 01-20-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 30352957)
Because of the playoffs.

For a while back before the Lightning became good, we were THE rival to the Lightning because we beat them in the playoffs and then took Chris Gratton from them before he was bad.

he was good once? I was fooled too - man did he turn into a steaming pile of dung with that Flyers sweater on.

DeadPhish5858 01-20-2011 10:27 PM

Pens are the biggest rival to me. Then Devils and Rags.

I don't see the Caps as that big a rival personally. I have always like the Caps, which could be why.

When I was a kid, we would always get Flyers as well as Capitals games on the radio (South Jersey shore) so I always liked them as a second team.

GKJ 01-20-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe (Post 30353069)
he was good once? I was fooled too - man did he turn into a steaming pile of dung with that Flyers sweater on.

That was about when he became bad.

For me growing up, the Devils was where the hate was, the Penguins were indifferent, and Rangers were irrelevant.

Beef Invictus 01-20-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica (Post 30352533)
I don't know to be honest, but that seems like the consensus on the Caps board. I presonally have a soft spot for the Flyers and I think I am exagerating a little too about the Caps hate for the Flyers. It also could be the short distance between the two teams?

Oh trust me, it isn't exaggerated. People look at me like I have the plague around here when they see my Flyers gear.

I think the distance is a huge factor. I have heard from a reliable source that the Caps owner at one point arranged to have PA IP addresses banned from buying tickets online, because he was tired of Philly and Pitt fans getting too many tickets to DC games. There are also a lot of transplants in the area from PA, so that might be a factor as well.

Bryz4shiz 01-20-2011 10:37 PM

Devils
Pens
Rangers
Bruins
Habs
Islanders
Caps

NitHeel 01-20-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 30351650)
Pens
Devils
Rangers
Habs
Bruins

Caps aren't really even on my list. Living in Caps country has been weird, the intense hatred for Philly always catches me off guard. When I told my family in PA about it, their response was "what?"

Had the same conversation with a co-worker when I worked in Maryland. This was before Crosby and he flat out didn't believe me when I said for the Flyers, the Caps rate behind about 5 other teams. It really made him angry after a while. Best part was when my buddy walked into the room - also a Flyers fan - and was asked the same question and w/out hearing my answer, he said the same thing I did verbatim. Caps fan got frustrated and stomped off.

Beef Invictus 01-20-2011 10:56 PM

It's also possible that divisional hate for the Eagles carries over into hockey.