HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Congrats to this 2010-11 Philly Flyers!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=867522)

Cartsiephan* 01-21-2011 10:03 AM

Congrats to this 2010-11 Philly Flyers!!

They finally get it. Don't take any flack and if a job needs to be taken care of, just do it. Props to Carter for showing some heart and dropping the gloves. This is a team who is riding high on confidence, to see them come together to defend eachother when a team is taking runs at them is a HUGE step in the right direction.

Dictate the play, do not let worse teams try and take you away from your game. Be the team that NO ONE wants to play against!! Congrats on a great 2pts but even more importantly congrats on a great TEAM VICTORY.

Some quotes:

"The fans like it," said Flyers forward Claude Giroux, smiling. "It's a good time." “I don’t really fight. Only when I get pissed off or something. I find the smallest guy and try to fight him.”

"I wasn't doing much else out there, so I figured I'd do something," Carter said.

“I thought I was going to [fight Ryan Shannon], but he didn’t give me the chance,” Briere explained. “Even to drop my gloves. He just jumped at me. I didn’t know what to do there. I was backing off and wanted time to get my gloves off and he jumped at my neck.

“Claude fighting, Jeff fighting ... When games get out of hand like that, it gets a little hot. Gets emotional out there. We saw that happen. It’s not a big deal. Guys did what they had to do and you move on.” - Briere

“There was an awful lot of them [fights] out there,” Pronger said. “They wanted to run around and we answered the bell.”

dingbathero 01-21-2011 10:06 AM

From Bob: "“If I had to and had someone to fight with, then I would have no choice but to join,” he said through an interpreter.

KimiFerrari 01-21-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingbathero (Post 30360139)
From Bob: "“If I had to and had someone to fight with, then I would have no choice but to join,” he said through an interpreter.

Please channel the soul of Hextall and charge the other team's goalie next time!

Hextall would have done it last game, oh I miss him :cry:

Kambo 01-21-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Holy ****. :laugh: I'm sorry, but I just cannot imagine Bob fighting. It would probably be hilarious though.

Flyersfan139 01-21-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kambo (Post 30360374)
Holy ****. :laugh: I'm sorry, but I just cannot imagine Bob fighting. It would probably be hilarious though.

Same haha, that would be awesome though!

Spongolium* 01-21-2011 10:41 AM

Bob is a hero. I would loved to have seen him drop the gloves. He would oh been a flyers hero for years to come

Cartsiephan* 01-21-2011 11:08 AM

This team is starting to get a burr in tehir saddle. A lot of talk about the Rangers game where Timonen got hit good, and Giroux took a stick to the neck, so it is nice to see the Flyers throw caution to the wind and offer up a can of woop-a$$.

Mgkibbles 01-21-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kambo (Post 30360374)

I can. It'd look like this.

CharlieGirl 01-21-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartsiephan (Post 30361211)
This team is starting to get a burr in tehir saddle. A lot of talk about the Rangers game where Timonen got hit good, and Giroux took a stick to the neck, so it is nice to see the Flyers throw caution to the wind when the game wasn't in jeopardy and offer up a can of woop-a$$.

That needed clarification.

2 points > fight

This is the first game that I appreciated that Shelley is on the team though. Still not a huge fan, but if he continues to do his job like he did last night, I'm happy to have him around.

LEIFey 01-21-2011 11:23 AM

My only gripe about the game was Briere not dropping them. I know he's not much of a fighter, but it was Ryan Freakin' Shannon. I'm not saying he was obligated, but this was a great opportunity for him to step away from the cheapshot allegations and actually answer a bell. And it would shut up the Sens fans that are bashing him.

Cartsiephan* 01-21-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieGirl (Post 30361419)
That needed clarification.

2 points > fight

This is the first game that I appreciated that Shelley is on the team though. Still not a huge fan, but if he continues to do his job like he did last night, I'm happy to have him around.

Showing teams you are not going to get run by a bottom feeder >>>> 2pts at this time of the season at the top of the standings IMO

Teams like the Sens have nothing to lose, they cannot win by talent, so they will run around and target your players. Read Prongers quote, this is how you handle getting run.

This is not some schmo on a forum, it is the designated team leader who performs by example. Richards can take the C, the real leader of this team has been Pronger since he arrived and especially after last seasons post-season performance.

“There was an awful lot of them [fights] out there,” Pronger said. “They wanted to run around and we answered the bell.”

Mgkibbles 01-21-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEIFey (Post 30361484)
My only gripe about the game was Briere not dropping them. I know he's not much of a fighter, but it was Ryan Freakin' Shannon. I'm not saying he was obligated, but this was a great opportunity for him to step away from the cheapshot allegations and actually answer a bell. And it would shut up the Sens fans that are bashing him.

Briere said he wanted to go, but the Sen had him tied up and he couldn't get his gloves off.

phillyfanatic 01-21-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartsiephan (Post 30361814)
This is not some schmo on a forum, it is the designated team leader who performs by example. Richards can take the C, the real leader of this team has been Pronger since he arrived and especially after last seasons post-season performance.

Man, if you don't think Richards is the true captain of this team, then I don't know what you are watching. I love Pronger, but make no mistake, this is Richie's team. Ask anyone.

KimiFerrari 01-21-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartsiephan (Post 30361814)
Showing teams you are not going to get run by a bottom feeder >>>> 2pts at this time of the season at the top of the standings IMO

Teams like the Sens have nothing to lose, they cannot win by talent, so they will run around and target your players. Read Prongers quote, this is how you handle getting run.

I'm starting to see why people have you on ignore.

Cartsiephan* 01-21-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimiFerrari (Post 30362091)
I'm starting to see why people have you on ignore.

Because they cannot handle the conversation? What is wrong with what I have said. Be as honest as you want. You do not like the violence? The 2pts are more important than getting run on the ice? Pronger is not the real leader on this team? Please, tell me why I am so misinformed.

Cartsiephan* 01-21-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillyfanatic (Post 30361962)
Man, if you don't think Richards is the true captain of this team, then I don't know what you are watching. I love Pronger, but make no mistake, this is Richie's team. Ask anyone.

Richards is the captain, but Pronger is the backbone to this team, period. And I am a fan of Richards, but Pronger takes on all the additional BS that comes with being a team leader, he is the master puppeteer.

Mgkibbles 01-21-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartsiephan (Post 30362192)
Richards is the captain, but Pronger is the backbone to this team, period. And I am a fan of Richards, but Pronger takes on all the additional BS that comes with being a team leader, he is the master puppeteer.

I personally think Pronger is the better leader, but Richards makes more sense as Captain.

LEIFey 01-21-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgkibbles (Post 30361882)
Briere said he wanted to go, but the Sen had him tied up and he couldn't get his gloves off.

Not sure if I buy it. Like I said, he wasn't obligated to drop them, but it's not that hard to shake them off.

KimiFerrari 01-21-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartsiephan (Post 30362163)
Because they cannot handle the conversation? What is wrong with what I have said. Be as honest as you want. You do not like the violence? The 2pts are more important than getting run on the ice? Pronger is not the real leader on this team? Please, tell me why I am so misinformed.

Richards brought a much worse team to the ECF after an abysmal year, and played with the most heart against the Pens the following year as well. Although Pronger provides great experience, leadership and on camera flair, Richards is the backbone of this team.

2pts are always worth more than risking injury. I enjoyed that they did answer the bell, but anyone of Carter, Hartnell, Giroux, and if Briere was able to fight could have got hurt. That could mean even more pts lost. It takes two to tango, and the refs would have started ejecting players to correct the Sens if things got out of hand.

I say people ignore you, because you are one of those people who take any opportunity to take jabs at Richards and Carter, even after they have more than proven themselves.

I don't want to argue with you, since I've seen enough of that Carter thread to know where you're at.

Beef Invictus 01-21-2011 12:29 PM

Comrade Goaltender will do anything for Mother Team.

Cartsiephan* 01-21-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgkibbles (Post 30362238)
I personally think Pronger is the better leader, but Richards makes more sense as Captain.

Agree. Richards is the captain of the team, he was given that with the expectation that he was the next Bobby Clarke. I think Richards can lead this team in certain ways, but Pronger is the leader of the team.

Cartsiephan* 01-21-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimiFerrari (Post 30362385)
Richards brought a much worse team to the ECF after an abysmal year, and played with the most heart against the Pens the following year as well. Although Pronger provides great experience, leadership and on camera flair, Richards is the backbone of this team.

2pts are always worth more than risking injury. I enjoyed that they did answer the bell, but anyone of Carter, Hartnell, Giroux, and if Briere was able to fight could have got hurt. That could mean even more pts lost. It takes two to tango, and the refs would have started ejecting players to correct the Sens if things got out of hand.

I say people ignore you, because you are one of those people who take any opportunity to take jabs at Richards and Carter, even after they have more than proven themselves.

I don't want to argue with you, since I've seen enough of that Carter thread to know where you're at.

Fair enough, but ECF's are not winning the Cup, that is the bottom line. This franchise is not about winning division titles, and last year was an embarrassment up until the playoffs.

Fighting and standing up for your teammate is part of the sport and as much as we do not want to see any of those players go down with an injury at some point the guys on the roster as a whole have to take a stand, even if it means risking an injury. It is the emotion of playing a competitive sport.

As far as Pronger, it is obvious how he handles the media and how his leadership on this team has taken them from young guys who want to go out and club to being focused as a team. It was never more evident when he came in last year and said the one thing he wanted to bring to this team was to not get accustomed to losing two games in a row, that was the mentality he had in Anaheim and I believe a big reason why Pronger had management sign O'Donnell. We all love the new guys and what they bring, but let's not get carried away here when Pronger or Timonen speak in the locker room it carries a ton more weight that Captain Mike.

And as far as the last bit, please, you have no clue where "I am at". Carter can be a lazy player who has a ton of talent, that is my opinion. And until he shows up in the playoffs all the 40 goal seasons in the world will not help him unless they win Lord Stanley's Cup. Just because I do not wear the O&B rose tinted glasses regarding every player does not mean you know who I am as a fan of this team, that is quite condescending and very homerlike.

NitHeel 01-21-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

From Bob: “I must break you” he said through an interpreter.

ftfy

JVR21 01-21-2011 01:03 PM

I really wish Pronger would drop em. He was supposed to be a big fighter, but he hasn't yet. I realize it'd be stupid for him to fight because we can't miss him for 5 minutes, but a 6-2 game would have been a perfect opportunity.

LEIFey 01-21-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVR21 (Post 30363138)
I really wish Pronger would drop em. He was supposed to be a big fighter, but he hasn't yet. I realize it'd be stupid for him to fight because we can't miss him for 5 minutes, but a 6-2 game would have been a perfect opportunity.

I actually don't think Pronger is much for fighting. He's too important to be sitting 5 minutes in the box, and he has his own unique brand of physical intimidation.