HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Columbus - Ottawa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=867677)

Pyke* 01-21-2011 05:57 PM

Columbus - Ottawa

:sens

Ryan Johansen

:cbj

David Rundblad
3rd Round Pick, 2011 NHL Entry Draft

Jovavic 01-21-2011 05:59 PM

I'd probably do it

Roadman 01-21-2011 06:25 PM

Center is a need. While D is as well there are more than a few promising candidates in the pipeline, Moore, Savard, Goloubef, Holden, Ruth and others. Centers.... not so much.

Pass

Pyke* 01-21-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadman (Post 30369036)
Center is a need. While D is as well there are more than a few promising candidates in the pipeline, Moore, Savard, Goloubef, Holden, Ruth and others. Centers.... not so much.

Pass

None of those D are on the same level as Rundblad...

Roadman 01-21-2011 06:32 PM

Maybe.... maybe not...

We have been looking for even the possibility of a front line center since day one. Johansen has all the makings.

Pass

Volt 01-21-2011 06:33 PM

No thanks

Do Make Say Think 01-21-2011 06:50 PM

It's not just about talent, it's also about team needs.

CBJ don't need D prospects.

wubwubwubwub 01-21-2011 06:52 PM

Cant think of why Columbus does this. If you think Johansen is worth adding a 3rd, you can be sure that Columbus would want a lot more than that. Johansen is a better prospect, they're not gonna give him up over a 20% chance at getting a semi-servicable NHLer.

Pyke* 01-21-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The OttoMan (Post 30369634)
Cant think of why Columbus does this. If you think Johansen is worth adding a 3rd, you can be sure that Columbus would want a lot more than that. Johansen is a better prospect, they're not gonna give him up over a 20% chance at getting a semi-servicable NHLer.

I don't think he's worth adding a 3rd, but I'm willing to give up a third if Columbus fans feel that it means I think their prospect is "better".

I have seen many Columbus fans say they need a #1 D, Rundblad potentially is that. I don't think Rundblad for Johansen is an absurd proposition.

wubwubwubwub 01-21-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyke (Post 30369700)
I don't think he's worth adding a 3rd, but I'm willing to give up a third if Columbus fans feel that it means I think their prospect is "better".

I have seen many Columbus fans say they need a #1 D, Rundblad potentially is that. I don't think Rundblad for Johansen is an absurd proposition.

No its certainly not absurd and in my opinion its very close to being fair, but I'm just saying I don't think Columbus would do it.

Soundgarden 01-21-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyke (Post 30369700)

Columbus JUST drafted him fourth overall this year, I doubt they'd want to give up on him just yet.

Pyke* 01-21-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundgarden (Post 30369981)
Columbus JUST drafted him fourth overall this year, I doubt they'd want to give up on him just yet.

I don't think it's giving up on him, I think it's just trading a great prospect for another great prospect.

As it happens, you're right those deals aren't that common -but it's not unheard of. I also think #1D > #1C in importance, but I think Ottawa has to trade one of Karlsson/Cowen/Rundblad to secure an elite forward.

SammyTheBull 01-21-2011 07:15 PM

**** off with trying to trade away our best prospects.

Pyke* 01-21-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SammyTheBull (Post 30370147)
**** off with trying to trade away our best prospects.

You need to give to get.

I want to trade Rundblad to get another good prospect, not for scraps.

Blue chip for blue chip.

Rainman2408 01-21-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyke (Post 30368529)
:sens

Ryan Johansen

:cbj

David Rundblad
3rd Round Pick, 2011 NHL Entry Draft

From a completely unbias opinion as I am not a fan of either team.

Johansen is a much more valuable prospect thn Runblad IMO and I don't think a 3rd makes the difference. A 2nd is closer but still not quite there I don't think. At least I wouldn't be happy if I was a columbus fan anyway.

Nice proposal though. Really addresses both teams needs and I could see something like this going down..

SpezDispenser 01-21-2011 08:04 PM

No way.

HSF 01-21-2011 08:43 PM

Rundblad + a 3rd?

this proposal is in full ****** mode.

Crede777 01-21-2011 08:58 PM

No?

If we wanted a defenseman we would have drafted Fowler or Gormley. Instead, Howson obviously thinks the priority is center. Plus we have a good chance to draft one of Murphy / Hamilton / Siemens this year.

Better idea for Ottawa would be to draft Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. If they aren't picking high enough they would use one of Rundblad/Cowen as leverage plus a pick to get in. Essentially zero in on a player you want from this draft and move one of them in order to move up the board and get him.

Pyke* 01-21-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crede777 (Post 30372497)
No?

If we wanted a defenseman we would have drafted Fowler or Gormley. Instead, Howson obviously thinks the priority is center. Plus we have a good chance to draft one of Murphy / Hamilton / Siemens this year.

Better idea for Ottawa would be to draft Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. If they aren't picking high enough they would use one of Rundblad/Cowen as leverage plus a pick to get in. Essentially zero in on a player you want from this draft and move one of them in order to move up the board and get him.

We're not going to deal Rundblad or Cowen AND a top 10 pick to move up. That's absolutely absurd, and shows a complete lack of understanding as to the value of Cowen and Rundblad.

The fact that fans of both teams are speaking out against this deal as ridiculous just goes to show how fair the proposal probably is in this context (value wise, at least).

wahsnairb 01-21-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyke (Post 30372917)
We're not going to deal Rundblad or Cowen AND a top 10 pick to move up. That's absolutely absurd, and shows a complete lack of understanding as to the value of Cowen and Rundblad.

The fact that fans of both teams are speaking out against this deal as ridiculous just goes to show how fair the proposal probably is in this context (value wise, at least).

or it goes to show that despite rundblad being a good prospect, he is not at all what the jackets need with an abundance of their own d prospects (moore, goloubef, savard, holden, among others) so giving away a prospect who is as good (or better), at a position of extreme need, makes ZERO sense.

moving on

Pyke* 01-21-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahsnairb (Post 30373039)
or it goes to show that despite rundblad being a good prospect, he is not at all what the jackets need with an abundance of their own d prospects (moore, goloubef, savard, holden, among others) so giving away a prospect who is as good (or better), at a position of extreme need, makes ZERO sense.

moving on

I can understand Columbus not wanting to make the deal for prospects in their system (though, as I said, I don't think any of those defense prospects are on the same Tier as Rundblad... it would be like us using Jim O'Brien or Silverberg as an example of why Johansen is useless to us)...

But that still doesn't answer the question of whether the theoretical value is there - and I think the thread shows it is.

There are Columbus fans, btw, who would probably put potential #1D over potential #1C.

Saad Panda 01-21-2011 09:39 PM

I would trade Johansen for an established defenseman that would help now, not another prospect though.

topscot78 01-21-2011 09:46 PM

How about:

Johansen
1st 2011

for

Rundblad
1st 2011

CBJ does it to move up giving the Sens performance, potentially lottery pick and should be able to draft Nugent Hopkins or Huberdeau to provide a blue chip prospect at C.

Sens do it to get Johansen and can draft Siemens, Hamilton or Murphy with the move down a few spots into the CBJ spot in the draft.

Basically draft works out as Murphy and Johansen for Nugent-Hopkins/Huberdeau and Rundblad.

I think this may actually work for both sides.

Pyke* 01-21-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topscot78 (Post 30373577)
How about:

Johansen
1st 2011

for

Rundblad
1st 2011

CBJ does it to move up giving the Sens performance, potentially lottery pick and should be able to draft Nugent Hopkins or Huberdeau to provide a blue chip prospect at C.

Sens do it to get Johansen and can draft Siemens, Hamilton or Murphy with the move down a few spots into the CBJ spot in the draft.

Basically draft works out as Murphy and Johansen for Nugent-Hopkins/Huberdeau and Rundblad.

I think this may actually work for both sides.

I don't think it does. If Ottawa has a chance at a lottery pick, we'd rather RNH and Rundblad over Johansen and whoever.

Rundblad is leading the SEL in points from the blueline. He's an outstanding prospect. The only reason that's attractive to trade him is to get depth up front (and Karlsson is our #1 for the foreseeable future, making him expendable to get a top talent - if the deal is there).

OmniSens 01-21-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topscot78 (Post 30373577)
How about:

Johansen
1st 2011

for

Rundblad
1st 2011

Sens get robbed :laugh: