HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Toronto - Dallas (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=867700)

philkessel81* 01-21-2011 07:36 PM

Toronto - Dallas

To Toronto:
LW - James Neal

To Dallas:
D - Tomas Kaberle
C - Nazem Kadri

OR

To Toronto:
LW - James Neal

To Dallas:
D - Tomas Kaberle
D - Francois Beauchemin
3rd Round Pick in 2012 Entry Draft

To me, both proposals seem pretty fair in value.

Leafs4Life77 01-21-2011 07:37 PM

No way to the first one. Second one maybe

JeffMangum 01-21-2011 07:38 PM

They are not.

James Neal will not be moved, unless they get a similar type player who is right handed. Like Chris Stewart. They could just sign Kaberle in the offseason. And Kadri is not needed in Dallas. They have plenty of left handed shots, and 3 LH centerman.

philkessel81* 01-21-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 30370600)
They are not.

James Neal will not be moved, unless they get a similar type player who is right handed. Like Chris Stewart. They could just sign Kaberle in the offseason. And Kadri is not needed in Dallas. They have plenty of left handed shots, and 3 LH centerman.

k like i hate it when ppl like u do that, ur not joe nieuwendyk, he could do anything he wants with his players, like who are u seriously ? like its so rattling when ppl so oooooo this guy will never be traded, like how do u kno that ? so shut up

Professor Dangles 01-21-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafs4Life77 (Post 30370578)
No way to the first one. Second one maybe

what? LOL

No way to the second one maybe the first one.

James Neal >> Kadri for now and most likely in the future.

Losing Beauchemin AND Kaberle would leave our defence looking like this...

Phaneuf Schenn
Komisarek Gunnarsson
Lebda Aulie/Holzer/Mikus

Problem with the first one is that the Stars are looking to shed salary and not acquire it. We could take Riberio off their hands but he's on a decent contract for his production and we would probably need to add one of Bozak/Armstrong and a pick.

TrollololBoyle 01-21-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philkessel81 (Post 30370687)
k like i hate it when ppl like u do that, ur not joe nieuwendyk, he could do anything he wants with his players, like who are u seriously ? like its so rattling when ppl so oooooo this guy will never be traded, like how do u kno that ? so shut up

HE JUST SIGNED AN EXTENSION GENIUS.

Hey, I'm Mr. Big Shot GM, I'm going to sign one of my best players to a multiyear deal because he is part of our future, then I'm going to trade him!

This same thing happens with Bobby Ryan, it happened with Jeff Carter, Claude Giroux, etc..

so shut up.

Dr Danglefest 01-21-2011 07:44 PM

niether deal gets it done ONLY because kaberle is ufa. neal is good but not that good that an allstar dman and a top prospect doesnt do the job but a top prospect and a guy that walks in 3 months is way different.

and is kadri really the same as beauchimen and a 3rd?

Dave from Vancouver 01-21-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89 In Green (Post 30370691)
what? LOL

No way to the second one maybe the first one.

James Neal >> Kadri for now and most likely in the future.

Losing Beauchemin AND Kaberle would leave our defence looking like this...

Phaneuf Schenn
Komisarek Gunnarsson
Lebda Aulie/Holzer/Mikus

Problem with the first one is that the Stars are looking to shed salary and not acquire it. We could take Riberio off their hands but he's on a decent contract for his production and we would probably need to add one of Bozak/Armstrong and a pick.

Yes, because Beauchemin and a third round pick hold so much more value to us long term than our top prospect.

Frozen Failure 01-21-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Please go drive into a snow drift.

Nieuwy would not trade Neal for Kaberle and Beauchemin.

1) Cap space
2) Real dollars
3) Too many D-men
4) We're not trading Neal

Leafssss 01-21-2011 07:48 PM

Toronto says no to both:

Deal 1)
Kaberle is EXTREMELY important to our first pairing with him alongside Schenn
+ We trade away a prospect who MAY have a better future than Neal.

Deal 2)
Our top 2 D pairings take it in the arse.

Rainman2408 01-21-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 30370756)
What are you, 12? I can barely read this, first of all, and second of all, it's called logic. Why would Nieuwendyk move Neal for Kaberle and Kadri when they don't fill a huge need and create a huge hole? Why? For your ***** and giggles?

Your absolutely right. I'm a Toronto fan and would love to get Neal. But neither of those packages make sense from a Dallas point of view. Maybe if kabs agrees to sign at a cheap price then maybe something can be worked out but it wouldn't include Kadri as there is no spot for him there especially if Joe resigns Richards.

I do see Neal being moved though...not likely this season but next and unfortunately for me as a leaf fan I don't think we make the best trade partners as Kaberle aside we really don't have anything that would improve your club and don't want to give up anymore picks. Sure would love to get him though.

Kaberle, Caputi and a 1st is closer to what it would take IMO still not sure it makes sense for either side though...:help:

Timbo Slice 01-21-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal (Post 30370746)

Hey, I'm Mr. Big Shot GM, I'm going to sign one of my best players to a multiyear deal because he is part of our future, then I'm going to trade him!

This same thing happens with Bobby Ryan, it happened with Jeff Carter, Claude Giroux, etc..

so shut up.

BOOM. Owned.

JeffMangum 01-21-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal (Post 30370746)

so shut up.

I :heart: you so much.

TrollololBoyle 01-21-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 30371411)
I :heart: you so much.

:eek::D:naughty:;)

wej20 01-21-2011 08:16 PM

Play nicely guys.

Theron 01-21-2011 08:18 PM

can we just ban all leaf fans from making proposals..

this coming from a leafs fan

JeffMangum 01-21-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

He won't be traded because:

A. It would open a huge hole in the Dallas forward lineup

B. He just re-signed him this summer. As DSOG said, these guys rarely get traded, especially when they are playing well.

SLAPSHOT723 01-21-2011 08:20 PM

:laugh: Brian Boyle you're owning this troll.

OP there's no way you're 16, only five year olds type like that on message boards.

ScubaSteve* 01-21-2011 08:23 PM

Please stop.

Modo 01-21-2011 08:43 PM

I don't know how many times Kaberle's been offered to the Stars on the Trade Board.

Honestly, I've lost count.

Which is funny, considering I'm pretty sure that in most of them it's been pointed out that Kaberle won't resign in Dallas, that he wants to stay in the East, and as a pending UFA most certainly isn't worth giving up a proven forward like Neal (or Benn, or Ribeiro, or Richards, or Eriksson, or Morrow). :help:

Neither deal works for the Stars. At all.

SLAPSHOT723 01-21-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modo (Post 30372097)
I don't know how many times Kaberle's been offered to the Stars.

Honestly, I've lost count.

Which is funny, considering I'm pretty that in most of them it's been pointed out that Kaberle won't resign in Dallas, that he wants to stay in the East, and as a pending UFA most certainly isn't worth giving up a proven forward like Neal (or Benn, or Ribeiro, or Richards, or Eriksson, or Morrow). :help:

Neither deal works for the Stars. At all.

Yet Kaberle would be an excellent fit in Dallas, but they should only try to get him via Free Agency.

Frozen Failure 01-21-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 30372177)
Yet Kaberle would be an excellent fit in Dallas, but they should only try to get him via Free Agency.

Yes, Kaberle's skillset would be great in Dallas, however, the player himself does not want to go to the West.

SLAPSHOT723 01-21-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen Failure (Post 30372292)
Yes, Kaberle's skillset would be great in Dallas, however, the player himself does not want to go to the West.

Has he said that on record before? Honestly I believe it but I don't remember hearing or reading anything of the sort.

Frozen Failure 01-21-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 30372311)
Has he said that on record before? Honestly I believe it but I don't remember hearing or reading anything of the sort.

Some where, about a year or two ago, he mentioned that he wouldn't waive his NTC to go to the west and stay there due to the travel.

SLAPSHOT723 01-21-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen Failure (Post 30372362)
Some where, about a year or two ago, he mentioned that he wouldn't waive his NTC to go to the west and stay there due to the travel.

Interesting, I guess they'll go hard after Pitkanen and McCabe?