HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Red Wings - Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=867925)

QMJHLfollower 01-22-2011 11:58 AM

Red Wings - Maple Leafs

:wings

Jean-Sebastien Giguere

:leafs

Trevor Parkes
Kris Draper

Toasty95 01-22-2011 12:01 PM

Will it work under the salary cap?

TrollololBoyle 01-22-2011 12:07 PM

Kris Draper will retire a Red Wing

RedwingsnCudi13 01-22-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever (Post 30380745)
:wings

Jean-Sebastien Giguere

:leafs

Trevor Parkes
Kris Draper

Who ? Im a wings fan but i don't know who you speak of

canadianwingnut 01-22-2011 12:15 PM

No thanks.

TrollololBoyle 01-22-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedwingsnCudi13 (Post 30381116)
Who ? Im a wings fan but i don't know who you speak of

Trevor Parkes

History
2010-11: Signed to an entry-level deal by the Detroit Red Wings out of training camp.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/trevor_parkes

I'd say this would be a steal for the Red Wings, because the chance Parkes ever makes it to the NHL look really slim, and Draper is old, declining and will retire soon, but Draper means a lot to the Red Wings and is not going anywhere.

QMJHLfollower 01-22-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal (Post 30380951)
Kris Draper will retire a Red Wing

Ok, I was just putting him like a small salary dump, but if the Wings can afford Giguere salary for the rest of the year, I'd do Giguere for Parkes straight up.

TrollololBoyle 01-22-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever (Post 30381534)
Ok, I was just putting him like a small salary dump, but if the Wings can afford Giguere salary for the rest of the year, I'd do Giguere for Parkes straight up.

Why Parkes? Giguere despite being a goalie could fetch somebody a lot better than Parkes.

QMJHLfollower 01-22-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal (Post 30381878)
Why Parkes? Giguere despite being a goalie could fetch somebody a lot better than Parkes.

With his salary, not sure.

And for Parkes, I'm from Montreal, and sometimes I see the Junior play, and every game they play, Parkes impress me. Big guy and a natural goal scorer. Good defensively, and can be physical too.

ChuckWoods 01-22-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever (Post 30382044)
With his salary, not sure.

And for Parkes, I'm from Montreal, and sometimes I see the Junior play, and every game they play, Parkes impress me. Big guy and a natural goal scorer. Good defensively, and can be physical too.

Im going to say you're a Parkes homer since you either A) Know him or B) Know his family.

Parkes isnt going to amount to much, and isnt even close to worth Giguere.

Detroit could use Giggy, but why would the Leafs send him for a limited prospect, they just dumped Stefanovich.

QMJHLfollower 01-22-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckWoods (Post 30382173)
Im going to say you're a Parkes homer since you either A) Know him or B) Know his family.

Parkes isnt going to amount to much, and isnt even close to worth Giguere.

Detroit could use Giggy, but why would the Leafs send him for a limited prospect, they just dumped Stefanovich.

Honestly, I don't know him and I don't know anybody in his family too. It's just last year when a went to the Montreal Junior game for the first time, I didn't know him, but after the game he was a player that have impress me a lot. Since then, I've seen a couple of others Montreal Junior games and he played well every games.

ChuckWoods 01-22-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever (Post 30382255)
Honestly, I don't know him and I don't know anybody in his family too. It's just last year when a went to the Montreal Junior game for the first time, I didn't know him, but after the game he was a player that have impress me a lot. Since then, I've seen a couple of others Montreal Junior games and he played well every games.

Well then its probably a good thing you're not a Toronto Scout or GM.

QMJHLfollower 01-22-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckWoods (Post 30382418)
Well then its probably a good thing you're not a Toronto Scout or GM.

What do you think Giguere worth? He's not the same goalie as he was before, he's 33 years old, he has a big contract, etc.

ChuckWoods 01-22-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever (Post 30382551)
What do you think Giguere worth? He's not the same goalie as he was before, he's 33 years old, he has a big contract, etc.

He'll garner interest in the range of a late 2nd or early 3rd.

Proven vet goalies will have a market come these playoffs.

QMJHLfollower 01-22-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckWoods (Post 30382588)
He'll garner interest in the range of a late 2nd or early 3rd.

Proven vet goalies will have a market come these playoffs.

He's proven, but like I said he's not the goalie that he was when he won the Conn Smythe or the Stanley Cup. But if we can have a late 2nd or an early 3rd, I'd do this for sure.

noBSleafsFAN 01-22-2011 01:25 PM

Why do Leafs do this?

QMJHLfollower 01-22-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noBSleafsFAN (Post 30382688)
Why do Leafs do this?

Because instead of losing Giguere this summer for nothing, we can have a decent prospects like Parkes, that if you don't rush him and develop him well, he can be an NHL player in the future.

ChuckWoods 01-22-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever (Post 30382845)
Because instead of losing Giguere this summer for nothing, we can have a decent prospects like Parkes, that if you don't rush him and develop him well, he can be an NHL player in the future.

This is where you're going to lose most people.

Parkes isnt a decent prospect.

He's a dead contract basically.

Burke can do plenty more with a contract space and Gigures salary off the books than obtaining Parkes.

QMJHLfollower 01-22-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckWoods (Post 30382971)
This is where you're going to lose most people.

Parkes isnt a decent prospect.

He's a dead contract basically.

Burke can do plenty more with a contract space and Gigures salary off the books than obtaining Parkes.

Have you seen Parkes play?

And the Red Wings scout are very good. They have not sign him for nothing. They think he can be a NHLer if they can develop him well.

Phion Keneuf 01-22-2011 01:58 PM

I would definitely do this if it was giguere for a 3rd and Parkes. I like the way Parkes plays and is a decent prospect.

QMJHLfollower 01-22-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 30383577)
I would definitely do this if it was giguere for a 3rd and Parkes. I like the way Parkes plays and is a decent prospect.

Finally someone agreed with me that Parkes is a decent prospect.

detredWINgs 01-22-2011 03:54 PM

Detroit will not trade for Giguere. Hes salary is too big, and there are no albatrosses on the Wings that are worth dumping for Giguere. Not to mention, Detroit doesn't need a guy like Giguere.