HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Del Zotto and Grachev Called Up (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=868155)

azrok22 01-22-2011 09:27 PM

Del Zotto and Grachev Called Up

thenyrangers

Quote:

#NYR have recalled Michael Del Zotto and Evgeny Grachev from Connecticut and have sent Dale Weise back to the Whale

Wraparounds 01-22-2011 09:28 PM

Ooh, you beat me. :laugh:

Looks precautionary.

RGY 01-22-2011 09:29 PM

Well that was fast.

Grachev's play has been good lately but I didn't think he was going to be called up.

Nice to see MDZ back. Hopefully he is fired up and ready to fight for a spot back.

Weise just didnt play well imo. He tried to do too much instead of letting the game come to him. Not surprised he was sent down.

Mint Berry Crunch 01-22-2011 09:30 PM

Real question is, if MDZ gets put back into the line-up... who gets the axe? None of the d-men have really been playing their way out of the line-up, per se...

NYGRYK21 01-22-2011 09:30 PM

Wow. Color me surprised.

Blatant 01-22-2011 09:30 PM

Like both moves, obviously DZ was brought up in case girardi is out.

Wraparounds 01-22-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mint Berry Crunch (Post 30396980)
Real question is, if MDZ gets put back into the line-up... who gets the axe? None of the d-men have really been playing their way out of the line-up, per se...

I can see Eminger getting the axe. Or Gilroy. But I presume he was recalled because of the potential for Girardi to miss games.

JeffMangum 01-22-2011 09:31 PM

Methinks Grachev replaces Dupont in the lineup.

eco's bones 01-22-2011 09:31 PM

Grachev seems to be rolling now--this call up seems a lot more deserving.

IMO all of the Hartford players have played fairly well. MZA is the standout--no way he should ever go back. I really like Newbury and Kolarik as well.

free0717 01-22-2011 09:32 PM

Who knows if Prust or Girardi can play the next two games. The Whale have a game on Tues. If Brandon and Danny can play in Washington, they could be sent back

UDnyr92 01-22-2011 09:33 PM

Gotta hope that both of these guys get playing time. Neither is the type of player to get the healthy scratch.

As for the D, once Girardi comes back, if MDZ plays well, then I've gotta think Eminger or Gilroy gets scratched/demoted/etc..

As for the forwards, I honestly hopes DuPont keeps playing while Newbury gets scratched. Don't really like Newbury's style of play.

Mint Berry Crunch 01-22-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 30397016)
Methinks Grachev replaces Dupont in the lineup.

Agreed, I didn't really notice Dupont at all in tonight's game aside from maybe one hit in the first.

Vitto79 01-22-2011 09:34 PM

Prust has been beat up for a while so it wont shock me to see him out for the next 2 then back after the break. Grachev has been tearing it up in the AHL, got a trick 2nite.

DZ just in case Girardi can't play although I think he will be in. They needed a 7th D just incase

I don't think the can take Gilroy or Eminger out they have done pretty well

Screw You Rick Nash 01-22-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

I would guess Gilroy. I'm just saying this because who would you consider more of a part of our future? MDZ.

Ail 01-22-2011 09:37 PM

I doubt DZ sees ice time if Girardi is okay. No one has played poorly enough to justify letting him play over them.

Grachev will be in for sure. :handclap:

JeffMangum 01-22-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

We could carry 7 dman and 11 forwards...one of Grachev/Newbury/Dupont would be a scratch.

iamaranger 01-22-2011 09:37 PM

this was mcd's 9th game... any chance they send him down to save a year on his elc?

azrok22 01-22-2011 09:37 PM

If Girardi and Prust are out I roll this:

Wolski - Stepan - Zuccarello
Avery - Anisimov - Gaborik
Grachev - Boyle - Kolarik
Dupon - Newbury - Drury

Staal - Sauer
McDonagh - Gilroy
MDZ - Eminger

(leaning heavily on Staal - Sauer for bigger minutes)

OverTheCap 01-22-2011 09:38 PM

Pretty sure that MDZ was called up only in the occasion that Girardi can't play.

I'm not sure if he's ready to come back, he has 7 assists in 8 games, which is fine, but I would have liked to have seen him score a goal or two so he can get his confidence back in that regard. Before he was sent down, his shot selection was pretty bad and he was missing the net way too much. If this is not something that he has improved upon with the Whale, I'd like to see him spend some more time down there. He also had a stinker of a game last week defensively.

Machinehead 01-22-2011 09:38 PM

I don't know that DZ was ready. I think this was rushed. But with Girardi hurt, not much of a choice...

azrok22 01-22-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamaranger (Post 30397250)
this was mcd's 9th game... any chance they send him down to save a year on his elc?

He's 21, it won't save a year on his contract.

NYRFAN218 01-22-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamaranger (Post 30397250)

That only applies if you're sending a player back to juniors.

Ail 01-22-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverTheCap (Post 30397271)
Pretty sure that MDZ was called up only in the occasion that Girardi can't play.

I'm not sure if he's ready to come back, he has 7 assists in 8 games, which is fine, but I would have liked to have seen him score a goal or two so he can get his confidence back in that regard. Before he was sent down, his shot selection was pretty bad and he was missing the net way too much. If this is not something that he has improved upon with the Whale, I'd like to see him spend some more time down there. He also had a stinker of a game last week defensively.

Definitely, I wanted to see him pot a couple of goals. He's not a forward, but like you said the shots he was taking this year were atrocious. He needs to find his offensive confidence. Making nice passes is good, but if he is a future point man he has to have a shot.

iamaranger 01-22-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azrok22 (Post 30397285)
He's 21, it won't save a year on his contract.

ah alright i thought it was all elc's

we want cup 01-22-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mint Berry Crunch (Post 30397078)
Agreed, I didn't really notice Dupont at all in tonight's game aside from maybe one hit in the first.

He played 5 minutes. How much of an impact is he supposed to make playing 5 minutes with Newbury and Drury?