HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rumor: Ottawa Sun: PG Interested in Zherdev? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=868320)

Next Best Thing* 01-23-2011 11:56 AM

Ottawa Sun: PG Interested in Zherdev?

Not Ecklund so I didn't post in the other thread but feel free to merge if necessary.

So the Ottawa Sun (aka Bruce Garrioch?) is reporting that we are interested in the Flyer's Zherdev... and goes on to take a little shot at Gauthier.

Hey if he comes in cheap I wouldn't mind having Zherdev at all, personally...

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../16994831.html

WhiskeySeven 01-23-2011 11:58 AM

Zherdev's okay, basically an upgrade over AKost but at the expense that it took AKost so long to get to this point in this system and Zherdev is coming in cold.

Better than Simmonds anyway.

Garrioch is useless anyway

Gary320 01-23-2011 12:00 PM

I like Zherdev's potential. But with all the stories I've heard about him and his arrogance. I'd rather say no dice.

macavoy 01-23-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Next Best Thing (Post 30405692)
Not Ecklund so I didn't post in the other thread but feel free to merge if necessary.

So the Ottawa Sun (aka Bruce Garrioch?) is reporting that we are interested in the Flyer's Zherdev... and goes on to take a little shot at Gauthier.

Hey if he comes in cheap I wouldn't mind having Zherdev at all, personally...

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../16994831.html

I guess he is somewhat available

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/06/t...trade-dealine/

What will Holmgren do to improve his contending team over the next six weeks? The bet here is an upgrade at right wing. Despite scoring 13 goals (and two assists) in 35 games, Nikolai Zherdev clearly has not won Laviolette's full-time faith. Zherdev is averaging just 12:18 of icetime per game, lowest among the Flyers' top-nine forwards.

The general manager will also be operating from a position of power; the fact is, the 24-10-5 Flyers are strong enough at every position that Holmgren does not have to make a trade. Philadelphia has been well-stocked at forward for over a year. Last summer, Holmgren strengthened the defense with a trade for Andrej Meszaros and free agent signing of Sean O'Donnell. A mid-season injury to Chris Pronger -- he will resume skating on Thursday -- gave the 36-year-old defenseman the kind of break he would never ask for but could use at this juncture of his Hall of Fame career.

If he is available, it won't be on the cheap, he'll only move him to make his team better imo. I think he would want a roster player in return. I don't want to give up a 2nd rounder when we've had so many injuries this year for someone who hasn't been consistent and has gone back to Russia.

Thats like AK and SK except he's actually left his team for Russia. No thanks.

Habs10Habs 01-23-2011 12:05 PM

Tough call, Zherdev has all the talent in the world. Yet he's never seemed to put it all together, and spends more time in his coaches doghouse, than on the ice.

Saying that though, if we can get him for cheap. I'd roll the dice and take a chance.

Thanks for not mixing this into the Eklund thread Next Best Thing. The link you provided is from a credible source, and deserves to have it's own thread.

Kruky 01-23-2011 12:10 PM

Bruce Garrioch is an idiot who knows nothing about hockey. He use to cover politics before being assigned to hockey by the Sun.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's related in some way to Eklund.

And regarding Gauthier, so far I'm very please with the moves he's made. I don't think there was one that could be concidered bad. I still think he could've had a 2nd or 3rd round pick for the Halak trade but it's not really concidered a bad trade yet.

PATCHESx67 01-23-2011 12:10 PM

the only thing that bothers me is our chemistry is looking real good i dont want zherdev to come over with hes lazy play and get some people in the locker room mad,would rather keep the money and try a big body vet or defensive d-man like Reghr if he doesnt come 2 expansive

JGRB 01-23-2011 12:11 PM

It would be nice to add Zherdev if for nothing more than to add some secondary scoring and depth, that being said it would have to be on the cheap. I'm not willing to give up anything of real value for him.

holyhabs87 01-23-2011 12:12 PM

Have you seen this guy in his own end? Martin would kill himself.

Bill McNeal 01-23-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Gauthier seems to think hes smarter than everybody else and likes reclamation projects.
:laugh: Garrioch... We're bigger insiders than him.

Habsfan18 01-23-2011 12:19 PM

It would likely take all of about 2 or 3 shifts for Zherdev to enter Martin's dog house.

Andy 01-23-2011 12:20 PM

No! No Zherdev.

If there is one hockey player I want, but would be suprised if we acquired is: Daniel Alfredsson. Would fit the team like a glove.

JustAHabFan 01-23-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 30406160)
It would likely take all of about 2 or 3 shifts for Zherdev to enter Martin's dog house.

This. The guy is such a liability in defense. I don't think our team should waste time with him.

JGRB 01-23-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koseegin (Post 30406179)
No! No Zherdev.

If there is one hockey player I want, but would be suprised if we acquired is: Daniel Alfredsson. Would fit the team like a glove.

No kidding.

I'd be willing to give enough to make it happen too.

CareyClutch 01-23-2011 12:27 PM

I'll pass. We dont need a younger Kovalev.

JustAHabFan 01-23-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koseegin (Post 30406179)
No! No Zherdev.

I don't think the Sens will let him go. If they do, it will be expensive to get him because the Sens is in our division.

Player 61 01-23-2011 12:31 PM

That guy in Ottawa likes to fly under the radar, I've heard a ton of rumors from this guy, none ever true. Jeeze he knows so much about Montreal for a guy writing in a City that has nothing to do with it, he's making it up.

He's a Montreal wanna be......

sheed36 01-23-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holyhabs87 (Post 30405998)
Have you seen this guy in his own end? Martin would kill himself.

When I first read the thread title I was not so sure adding Zherdev would be a good idea but after reading this it doesn't seem like such a bad idea after all.. :jk:

Jean Beliveau fan 01-23-2011 12:38 PM

Not a fan. A lazy player, terrible in his own end, causes a lot of turnovers. No from me.

MXD 01-23-2011 12:38 PM

To be honest, I prefer AK to Zherdev, and if we're to acquire a guy like Zherdev, I'd prefer to get Kovalev, mainly because he'll be cheaper.

Teufelsdreck 01-23-2011 12:40 PM

I don't believe it.

plafleur10 01-23-2011 12:41 PM

No Zherdev

No need for another soft and inconsistent talented player, we already have AK, Gomez, Pouliot, etc, as the saying goes, "better the devil you know..."

Pascal 01-23-2011 12:41 PM

Yes, Zherdev would fit right in with the team and what it stands for. He'd probably excel in a Martin-coached team. Please do anything possible to get him and his shining attitude.

macavoy 01-23-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kruky (Post 30405937)
Bruce Garrioch is an idiot who knows nothing about hockey. .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogurt (Post 30406149)
:laugh: Garrioch... We're bigger insiders than him.

See the other link, he's not the only source.

LeHab 01-23-2011 12:56 PM

do not want, not even for free