HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Setoguchi to Toronto (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=868498)

LEAFANFORLIFE23 01-23-2011 08:35 PM

Setoguchi to Toronto

what would Shark fans want for the skilled Devin Setoguchi?

Seguins Dragon* 01-23-2011 08:40 PM

leaf fans offering beauchimen in 3...2...1...

that being said, I doubt the sharks are looking to trade him... only way they trade Seto, is if they have given up on him.. I don't think they are there yet.

As for my speculation of what it would cost... Gunnarsson + 2nd would be a start I believe, if not more.

thebluemachine* 01-23-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon (Post 30417165)
leaf fans offering beauchimen in 3...2...1...

No thanks.

MoreMogilny 01-23-2011 08:41 PM

What about Beauchemin. :sarcasm:

Seguins Dragon* 01-23-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreMogilny (Post 30417193)
What about Beauchemin. :sarcasm:

:laugh:

Michael Gary Scott 01-23-2011 08:46 PM

How about nothing? We have enough underachievers

Plus, old thread is old

Mafoofoo 01-23-2011 08:48 PM

Mods close this thread before this turns into a huge argument.

seanlinden 01-23-2011 09:06 PM

Setoguchi literally has zero value to Toronto beyond their ability to trade him elsewhere. The last thing they need is another shoot first player who likes to go to the middle of the ice in order to generate scoring chances.

Don't get me wrong, Seto's a decent young player, but not in any way/shape/form what Toronto is looking for. Any winger they acqurie must be a bigger guy who excels at protecting the puck in the corners, and generates his scoring chances from the corners/infront of the net.

Schennanigans 01-23-2011 11:14 PM

This has been done to death, we don't need or want Seto.

RogerRoeper* 01-23-2011 11:19 PM

He's a third liner with as many points as Colby Armstrong in more games. His value is low right now. No point in the Sharks trading him. Because he is literally worth Beauchemin at this point.

seanlinden 01-23-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRoeper (Post 30420886)
He's a third liner with as many points as Colby Armstrong in more games. His value is low right now. No point in the Sharks trading him. Because he is literally worth Beauchemin at this point.

He's not even worth Beauchemin. Beauchemin is currently playing on our top pair while going up against other team's top units, and is the only defenceman suited to playing with Phaneuf. He's a pretty valuable defenceman for Toronto.

With the current group of forwards on the Leafs, Setoguchi problably woudn't crack the top 9. That's not a reflection of his skill set, moreso a reflection of just how poor a fit he would be. He wouldn't play centre because he's not a centre. He wouldn't displace Joey Crabb on Kessel's line because Kessel needs someone who plays the game in the corners and likes to pass. He wouldn't break up the MacArthur-Grabo-Kulemin line. He wouldn't displace either of Armstrong / Versteeg because they are both better 3rd liners.

Sharks4Life 01-23-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfried (Post 30417772)
Setoguchi literally has zero value to Toronto beyond their ability to trade him elsewhere. The last thing they need is another shoot first player who likes to go to the middle of the ice in order to generate scoring chances.

Don't get me wrong, Seto's a decent young player, but not in any way/shape/form what Toronto is looking for. Any winger they acqurie must be a bigger guy who excels at protecting the puck in the corners, and generates his scoring chances from the corners/infront of the net.

He hasn't played like that since his first year, but thanks for not trying to trail off into a comment of how he is trash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRoeper (Post 30420886)

Although I wouldn't agree, i thought that was a funny peppering of Beauchemin in there,

Thepainter 01-23-2011 11:29 PM

Making a trade proposal including the Leafs is pointless... all the Leaf fans here overvalue the crap out of their players (LOL Kadri) and want your best player for their garbage.

Sharks4Life 01-23-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thepainter (Post 30421066)
Making a trade proposal including the Leafs is pointless... all the Leaf fans here overvalue the crap out of their players (LOL Kadri) and want your best player for their garbage.

and /thread lol

RogerRoeper* 01-23-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thepainter (Post 30421066)

Actually, Leaf players are terribly underrated here. It's ironic you laughed at Kadri in your post. The guy is a blue chip prospect.

If Seto played on the Leafs he'd be a worthless third/fourth liner who had 12 points. But since he plays on the Sharks he's some young forward with tremendous potential who doesn't get criticized.

Kadri is 20, yet he's perceived as some "Bust" on here. It's laughable.

Rickety Cricket 01-23-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRoeper (Post 30421113)
Actually, Leaf players are terribly underrated here. It's ironic you laughed at Kadri in your post. The guy is a blue chip prospect.

If Seto played on the Leafs he'd be a worthless third/fourth liner who had 12 points. But since he plays on the Sharks he's some young forward with tremendous potential who doesn't get criticized.

Who says he doesn't get critized?

RogerRoeper* 01-23-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket (Post 30421286)
Who says he doesn't get critized?

Not in the same way Leaf players do. Not even close.

Rickety Cricket 01-23-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRoeper (Post 30421297)
Not in the same way Leaf players do. Not even close.

It's probably because there are way more Leafs threads and way more media attention to the Leafs. It's probably part of the reason why some people enjoy seeing the Leafs flop. Seto does get critized by many Sharks fans.

RogerRoeper* 01-23-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket (Post 30421341)
It's probably because there are way more Leafs threads and way more media attention to the Leafs. It's probably part of the reason why some people enjoy seeing the Leafs flop. Seto does get critized by many Sharks fans.

I agree with this point.

But I do think due to this fact, Seto on Toronto would be seen as worthless. Hell, Kadri is apparently worthless and he had 6 points in only a few games and is 20 years-old.

Rickety Cricket 01-23-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRoeper (Post 30421379)
I agree with this point.

But I do think due to this fact, Seto on Toronto would be seen as worthless. Hell, Kadri is apparently worthless and he had 6 points in only a few games and is 20 years-old.

It's unfortunate but that's how it is. I doubt many people think Panthers prospects are garbage.

AbsolonMoreau* 01-23-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRoeper (Post 30421379)
I agree with this point.

Seto is turning it around if you have been watching games, getting back his goal scoring touch.

RogerRoeper* 01-23-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket (Post 30421400)
It's unfortunate but that's how it is. I doubt many people think Panthers prospects are garbage.

Oh Panthers players are loved here. Boumeester was a stud until he arrived in Calgary and Weiss is some 60 point superstar.

LucicTrain* 01-23-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRoeper (Post 30421113)

youre the one running around here calling them AHLers. seriously dude quit talking out of both sides of your mouth

RogerRoeper* 01-23-2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrabBag (Post 30421518)
youre the one running around here calling them AHLers. seriously dude quit talking out of both sides of your mouth

I called Joey Crabb an AHL'er. Try to keep up.

LucicTrain* 01-24-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRoeper (Post 30421546)
I called Joey Crabb an AHL'er. Try to keep up.

oh im keeping up just fine. every Leaf player is a god and requires the moon for them, expect when it comes to Phil Kessel, then they all suck cause Kessel is amazing and its nothing short of a miracle he can score goals with the team around him