HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Proposal: Fisher to Nashville (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=868718)

Curtinho 01-24-2011 12:47 PM

Fisher to Nashville
 
So it turns out that Fisher doesn't have a NMC, and I was toying with some trades. What do you guys think he is worth, since this is a likely place that he might get traded if he is?

To Nashville:
Fisher
Wierchioch
3rd

To Ottawa:
Goc
Beck
1st?

PredsV82 01-24-2011 01:07 PM

we cant add that much extra salary.

plus we are clicking right now so we wont be trading any roster players.

pass.

Curtinho 01-24-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 30428988)
we cant add that much extra salary.

plus we are clicking right now so we wont be trading any roster players.

pass.

You guys have like 9 mil in cap space? I'm pretty sure almost any team in the league would put Fisher in their roster over Goc.

PredsV82 01-24-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPhoenixM (Post 30429084)
You guys have like 9 mil in cap space? I'm pretty sure almost any team in the league would put Fisher in their roster over Goc.

you obviously are unaware that the preds operate on a self imposed budget at the cap midpoint due to revenue sharing requirements.

just take my word for it, we cant add salary(at least not that much, not yet), and we wont move a roster player, especially a center we need another center, not a center exchange.

why would you guys want a player who will be a UFA this summer anyway?

Roman Yoshi 01-24-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPhoenixM (Post 30429084)
You guys have like 9 mil in cap space? I'm pretty sure almost any team in the league would put Fisher in their roster over Goc.

I like Goc better than fisher anyway... plus I am not giving up beck and a 1st. No way.

PredsV82 01-24-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joetimo (Post 30429194)
I like Goc better than fisher anyway... plus I am not giving up beck and a 1st. No way.

yeah I hadnt even addressed that part...

braindead 01-24-2011 01:34 PM

I'd like to propose a poll: Worst trade proposal in the last 12 months involving Mr. Underwood (aka Fisher) coming to Music City. Strong contenders out there for sure but this one has a chance of getting my vote.

Curtinho 01-24-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joetimo (Post 30429194)
I like Goc better than fisher anyway... plus I am not giving up beck and a 1st. No way.

So you're ignoring the defensive prospect in Wierchioch who is highly regarded (despite being a year or two out of the NHL) and the 3rd round from Ottawa?

Meh, ok. I'm not going to argue it I was just here to gauge Fisher's value to you guys. I do think it's dumb to vote it as 'worst trade proposal' in the last 12 months considering you've have a considerable upgrade to Goc, a high third and a good defensive prospect.

Very weird reaction. I can understand if you can't afford to take Fisher, though.

Viqsi 01-24-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPhoenixM (Post 30430313)
So you're ignoring the defensive prospect in Wierchioch who is highly regarded (despite being a year or two out of the NHL) and the 3rd round from Ottawa?

Meh, ok. I'm not going to argue it I was just here to gauge Fisher's value to you guys. I do think it's dumb to vote it as 'worst trade proposal' in the last 12 months considering you've have a considerable upgrade to Goc, a high third and a good defensive prospect.

Very weird reaction. I can understand if you can't afford to take Fisher, though.

Yes, he'd be ignored. The Preds have many highly regarded defensive prospects.

Also, don't look now, but Goc has just about the same number of points as Fisher (only one less) with seven less games played. And is younger. And is on a better contract. So you'll pardon me if I'm not seeing this "considerable upgrade" you speak of. :)

sighthndlady 01-24-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPhoenixM (Post 30430313)
So you're ignoring the defensive prospect in Wierchioch who is highly regarded (despite being a year or two out of the NHL) and the 3rd round from Ottawa?

Meh, ok. I'm not going to argue it I was just here to gauge Fisher's value to you guys. I do think it's dumb to vote it as 'worst trade proposal' in the last 12 months considering you've have a considerable upgrade to Goc, a high third and a good defensive prospect.

Very weird reaction. I can understand if you can't afford to take Fisher, though.

Last thing we need is to give up a good power forward prospect for yet another defensive prospect. We've got guys in Milwaukee on defense who are ready and kids in the pipeline who will be. I don't think Fisher+3rd is worth Goc+1st even without considering the salary hit.

Pass

token grinder 01-24-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPhoenixM (Post 30430313)
So you're ignoring the defensive prospect in Wierchioch who is highly regarded (despite being a year or two out of the NHL) and the 3rd round from Ottawa?

.

unless he is better than ryan ellis, roman josi, and jon blum, a d prospect with the chance to crack the roster in the next two years makes little sense. even after two years, there are a few guys that should be knocking on the door to the ahl/nhl-roussel and eckholm (sp?) specifically. plus this is the year in the every other year poile grabs a dman draft.


and fisher and his less than 20 points is not worth a 1st round pick. maybe a 3rd if you have cap space and not desperate, a 2nd if you were desperate

I Will Son 01-24-2011 04:08 PM

Oh its another Fisher deal? No thx

Paranoid Android 01-24-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPhoenixM (Post 30428588)
So it turns out that Fisher doesn't have a NMC, and I was toying with some trades. What do you guys think he is worth, since this is a likely place that he might get traded if he is?

To Nashville:
Fisher
Wierchioch
3rd

To Ottawa:
Goc
Beck
1st?

Not bad value wise, but this deal takes no consideration for the Predators needs and salary situation.

-Don't need more dmen prospects, especially ones only 1-2 years away
-We need more forward prospects, so trading Beck makes no sense
-Can't add $4M in salary without some going the other way
-Goc is playing fantastic this year and is on a sweetheart deal
-We have Legwand, who is the exact same type of player as Fisher (Fisher is more feisty though)
-Any roster player we acquire this year should ideally be offensive minded, not defensive

Curtinho 01-25-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoid Android (Post 30432800)
Not bad value wise, but this deal takes no consideration for the Predators needs and salary situation.

-Don't need more dmen prospects, especially ones only 1-2 years away
-We need more forward prospects, so trading Beck makes no sense
-Can't add $4M in salary without some going the other way
-Goc is playing fantastic this year and is on a sweetheart deal
-We have Legwand, who is the exact same type of player as Fisher (Fisher is more feisty though)
-Any roster player we acquire this year should ideally be offensive minded, not defensive

Thanks for being civil, at least this is understandable. Keep in mind that I don't pay nearly as much attention to the Preds as I do to the Sens.

With that in mind what about a Fisher/Butler+ deal for something similar? I think despite what Goc is doing this year most people will agree that Fisher is just better. Not only offensively, but in his two way game as well. He's a bit snake bitten this year, but I would imagine a change of scenery could really help with that. Butler is a good offensive prospect that has really impressed with his call-ups this year (albeit on a team that looks really bad so it could be inflated), and is ready to step in almost immediately and provide for an NHL level team. The problem is that it's unlikely after the draft that we're really going to have room for him in the organization (or if we do it will be limited time and call-ups) whereas I believe he could really play full time on an NHL team. He's not going to be a 50 goal scorer but he definitely has offensive talent and good intensity.

Fisher + Butler + 3rd

Goc + Beck + 1st?

If you guys had something for salary dump we could also include something else like a Zubov. But I understand that this is a horse beaten to death and I don't want to extend it past this if there's no way of coming to an agreement. I'm just kind of feeling out Fisher's value. I'm becoming less and less keen on trading him, but I like talking deals out and getting a feel for other organizations.

PredsChik 01-25-2011 02:12 PM

Any proposal centered around Fisher between the Preds and Sens isn't going to include our 1st.

TMI 01-25-2011 04:05 PM

I'll leave discussion of Beck vs Butler for someone who knows more about both, though from what I've read about Beck I don't think we'll be looking at including him in a trade where the centerpiece is Fisher.

The respective values of Goc and Fisher cannot be so far away that a first needs to be sent to Ottawa, while a third comes back to Nashville. This year they are nearly identical in points (Goc has one fewer in six fewer games played) and FO% while Fisher obviously brings more of an edge. Goc has a much higher +/-, but I don't put much stock into that stat. Especially after you take into consideration the huge advantage Goc has playing for a team with better offense, defense, and goaltending.

If it were a straight up Goc-for-Fisher trade I still don't make it. Goc is younger, seems to be improving with every game played for this club, can be plugged into any line without messing up chemistry, and is responsible on both ends of the ice. Fisher is good defensively, can put up some points, and has grit. In my opinion this trade would do more to show how important Goc has become to this club than anything else. I think I'd rather dance with the one who brought me.

PredsV82 01-26-2011 08:29 AM

well Im sorry if I wasnt civil but the trade proposer obviously has no clue about the preds internal budget or our actual needs.

We dont need and cant take a player with a 4 milllion dollar salary especially with more years on his deal

that leaves a deal for Fisher dead in the water, no matter what pieces you might try to put with it.

if we trade for Fisher and Lombardi gets healthy, then next year we then have 3 centers making 4.5, 4, and 3.5 million.... thats just not going to happen..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.