HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Jarret Stoll to Chicago (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=868752)

digdug41982 01-24-2011 03:09 PM

Jarret Stoll to Chicago

Has a reasonable contract and would be an outstanding No. 2 C for the Hawks the rest of this year and next year. What would L.A. want in return? Bear in mind, I am assuming they would have an eye toward next year and the future if they decided to deal him.

northernKing 01-24-2011 03:16 PM

Maybe Stalberg? He has looked very good in the games I have seen him play. Watching him play with Chicago's top 6 makes me think he could be very good on Kopitars LW

digdug41982 01-24-2011 03:18 PM

I'd think they'd want a little more than that, maybe a 2nd and Stalberg?

markisonfire 01-24-2011 03:22 PM

Stoll + any prospects not named Schenn for Sharp... ;)

Boondock 01-24-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 30430414)

Stoll's value is far higher to LA then just 2nd line C. He is very good in the face-off circle, he kills penalties, plays the point on the PP. If LA wanted to move Stoll, it would be for an upgrade, not Stalberg (even with the pick). I'm not sure what the Kings biggest needs are, but moving Stoll for lesser talent doesn't make sense for LA.

DisgruntledHawkFan 01-24-2011 03:25 PM

Would like Stoll in Chicago. Only makes sense if we are moving prospects/picks back though. Stalberg could absolutely be involved.

northernKing 01-24-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 30430414)

Ya I agree it would take a little more than just Stalberg but just looking at the Hawks NHL roster he kinda makes the most sense. There was some talk that LA tried to move up in the 2008 draft to get Beach.

Stoll and Simmonds for Stalberg, Beach/Morin and 1st rd pick? As a Kings fan I don't want to see Simmonds traded as i think he has 25-30 goal potential and is a solid two way player. However his name seems to ALWAYS be popping up so maybe he is being offered up?

digdug41982 01-24-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boondock (Post 30430539)
Stoll's value is far higher to LA then just 2nd line C. He is very good in the face-off circle, he kills penalties, plays the point on the PP. If LA wanted to move Stoll, it would be for an upgrade, not Stalberg (even with the pick). I'm not sure what the Kings biggest needs are, but moving Stoll for lesser talent doesn't make sense for LA.

What about a 1st and a 4th, seems like a very fair return to me and you guys could draft or use that as currency to fill any hole on the roster. Brayden Schenn will replace him soon, so he is expendable.

Blackhawkswincup 01-24-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nK (Post 30430591)
Ya I agree it would take a little more than just Stalberg but just looking at the Hawks NHL roster he kinda makes the most sense. There was some talk that LA tried to move up in the 2008 draft to get Beach.

Stoll and Simmonds for Stalberg, Beach/Morin and 1st rd pick? As a Kings fan I don't want to see Simmonds traded as i think he has 25-30 goal potential and is a solid two way player. However his name seems to ALWAYS be popping up so maybe he is being offered up?

^
Simmonds is overated to be honest and as a Hawks fan we have better wingers on roster then him in our top 9

Cap wise it would be difficult to afford Stoll this year for Hawks

northernKing 01-24-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boondock (Post 30430539)

Somewhat true but it does free up cap space for next summer if LA needs to outbid for players like Semin and/or Richards. The fact Stoll/Kopitar sometimes play the point is more a coaching thing IMO. Doughty and Johnson should ALWAYS be on the 1st PP unit. Next year maybe Voynov or Hickey picks up minutes or LA uses the cap room to grab a Markov/Kaberle/Jovo type who can play. Mitchell is only signed until the end of 2011-12 and LA will probably be looking to add another top 4dman to go with JJ,DD and Scuderi.

I only see LA moving Stoll for picks or prospcets if they are 8-10 points out of the playoffs at the deadline. Plus Stoll loves LA and chances are he could be interested in returning as an UFA in 2012. Its just good asset management.

Boondock 01-24-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 30430608)
What about a 1st and a 4th, seems like a very fair return to me and you guys could draft or use that as currency to fill any hole on the roster. Brayden Schenn will replace him soon, so he is expendable.

This is a very good offer, and would get Stoll out of LA. 1st carry a lot of value, especially in the cap era (ELC)

northernKing 01-24-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 30430701)
^
Simmonds is overated to be honest and as a Hawks fan we have better wingers on roster then him in our top 9

Cap wise it would be difficult to afford Stoll this year for Hawks

Simmonds would bring some of the grit to Chicago that they lost by trading Eager, Byfuglien and Ladd IMO. But I do agree about Stoll and the Hawks cap being a little hard to work

Boondock 01-24-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nK (Post 30430739)
Somewhat true but it does free up cap space for next summer if LA needs to outbid for players like Semin and/or Richards. The fact Stoll/Kopitar sometimes play the point is more a coaching thing IMO. Doughty and Johnson should ALWAYS be on the 1st PP unit. Next year maybe Voynov or Hickey picks up minutes or LA uses the cap room to grab a Markov/Kaberle/Jovo type who can play. Mitchell is only signed until the end of 2011-12 and LA will probably be looking to add another top 4dman to go with JJ,DD and Scuderi.

I only see LA moving Stoll for picks or prospcets if they are 8-10 points out of the playoffs at the deadline. Plus Stoll loves LA and chances are he could be interested in returning as an UFA in 2012. Its just good asset management.

You seem to know LA better then I do so I'll agree with you although Stoll has always played the point even in Edm - minor point, doesn't change anything. I could see Stoll being moved in the offseason to free up cap space, but during the season unless it's an upgrade, it would be unlikely IMO.

DisgruntledHawkFan 01-24-2011 06:03 PM

Simmonds and Stoll would be great offseason pickups, we just don't have the space for them right now.

SFKingshomer 01-24-2011 06:10 PM

Stoll won't be traded unless it's for an upgrade. He's worth far more to LA than a borderline bust and a 2nd. Simmonds isn't available unless you have a legit top 6 forward to trade.

JagerPuck 01-24-2011 06:39 PM

Chicago needs an enforcer. Obviously Carcillo and Hartnell were enough to batter them yesterday.

EbonyRaptor 01-24-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JagerPuck (Post 30434408)
Chicago needs an enforcer. Obviously Carcillo and Hartnell were enough to batter them yesterday.

Obviously you didn't watch the game. Hartnell turtled when Bickell started pummelling him and it looked like Carcillo got his nose busted when he went at it with Dowell.

Oh ... and maybe it's just a coincidence, but Q dressed Scott for the game yesterday and Pronger just didn't seem to be his usual cross-checking self. Hmmm?

Jeffrey Lebowski 01-24-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JagerPuck (Post 30434408)

Meh. We have an enforcer (John Scott) and he played yesterday against the Flyers and didn't fight or really intimidate. The guys who fought and actually played with sandpaper were guys who can also play hockey (Dowell, Bickell, Brouwer). We don't need an enforcer, we need players who will hit and play physical on top of being able to contribute on the ice in other ways.