HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bryan Murray: Alfie will remain a Senator (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=868793)

bluechipbonzo 01-24-2011 04:35 PM

Bryan Murray: Alfie will remain a Senator
 
Not to rain in the rumour parade, but GM Bryan Murray just stated this afternoon that Alfie would remain with the Sens.

The good news for trade mongers is that everyone else over 23 is available...

Owner Gene Melnyk also did an interview stating that the team is prepared to do whatever necessary in the next few months to change into full rebuild mode.

Big moves are coming, including Spezza IMO...

Powdered Toast Man 01-24-2011 04:36 PM

It would probably be beneficial to provide a link considering, as far as I can tell, you butchered what was said pretty badly.

wubwubwubwub 01-24-2011 05:07 PM

Did you bump into him?

danishh 01-24-2011 05:09 PM

murray was apparently on the team an hour ago, but i havnt heard the interview yet. Maybe another sens fan can confirm this is the source.

WJG 01-24-2011 05:11 PM

I still don't think they should move Spezza.

After two bad seasons, they'd never get full value for him.

I think he's the one "older" forward they should hold on to.

GSG1165 01-24-2011 05:12 PM

He deserves it if it's his choice. The ball is in his court. He's a legend to the Sens. Anyone who wants him traded is ignorant, nuff said.

hockeyball 01-24-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Running Riot (Post 30432799)
I still don't think they should move Spezza.

After two bad seasons, they'd never get full value for him.

I think he's the one "older" forward they should hold on to.

I think they'd still get good value for him, lot's of team's looking for a #1 center.

leafempire187 01-24-2011 05:14 PM

what would be the asking price for Spezza? i know murray wanted Kadri :naughty:

Skipee 01-24-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leafempire187 (Post 30432857)
what would be the asking price for Spezza? i know murray wanted Kadri :naughty:

Kadri + Aulie imo.

White Goodman 01-24-2011 05:15 PM

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=868753
--
Nothing about Spezza being traded. Don't twist his words.

White Goodman 01-24-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skipee (Post 30432871)
Kadri + Aulie imo.

No chance. We're not trading our number one center.

Rakunitz23 01-24-2011 05:16 PM

Is that how Melnyk feels too? Honestly, I'm not sure Bryan Murray has any say in anything at this point, or at least he shouldn't. He should have to run it by Melnyk, since its fairly obvious at this point that he won't be returning in his current capacity after this year. Therefore, he should not be the sole decision maker. At this point, it should be up to Melnyk and Alfie.

SpezDispenser 01-24-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skipee (Post 30432871)
Kadri + Aulie imo.

We have less than no interest in Aulie - and would probably never trade with a division rival - especially not a big time player like Spezza.

SpezDispenser 01-24-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rakunitz23 (Post 30432905)
Is that how Melnyk feels too? Honestly, I'm not sure Bryan Murray has any say in anything at this point, or at least he shouldn't. He should have to run it by Melnyk, since its fairly obvious at this point that he won't be returning in his current capacity after this year. Therefore, he should not be the sole decision maker. At this point, it should be up to Melnyk and Alfie.

Melnyk said the same.

Confound 01-24-2011 05:19 PM

Shocking!

wubwubwubwub 01-24-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rakunitz23 (Post 30432905)
Is that how Melnyk feels too? Honestly, I'm not sure Bryan Murray has any say in anything at this point, or at least he shouldn't. He should have to run it by Melnyk, since its fairly obvious at this point that he won't be returning in his current capacity after this year. Therefore, he should not be the sole decision maker. At this point, it should be up to Melnyk and Alfie.

Whatever Alfie wants, goes. He has an NTC, and if he wants to waive he will say so.

PeterSidorkiewicz 01-24-2011 05:24 PM

Id say the OP butchered what was said, but he was right in that Murray said Alfie wont be moved, along with a couple other untouchables ( he (he wouldnt say any other names, but being the smart fellow I am, Im guessing the other untouchable is Spezza.)

-Will make room for 3-4 rookies and young guys next year so some veterans wont be back.
-He also said they need to bring in a winger for Spezza, another indicator that Spezza wont be moved.
(How did the OP get that Spezza is going to be moved if were looking to bring in a winger for him?)

Thats pretty much it, Im assuming the veterans on the block would be someone like a Phillips and a Fisher, but Im not even sure about Fisher either.

danishh 01-24-2011 05:28 PM

- identified daniel alfredsson as one of the guys that is definitely untouchable
- identified spezza as our most important offensive player, but we need at least one more impact forward to complement him.
- talked to some of the NTCs/NMCs.

that's all that was really relevant to spezza and alfie.
and he certainly didnt mention anything about "anyone over 23"

if we exclude alfie and spezza, and consider that murray told mendes this morning that fisher DOESNT have an NMC (though he didnt say anything about NTC), i would guess that he's talked to kovalev and phillips about the NTCs. As for who else may be available, he gave no clues.


gonna listen to euge's interview now to see if there's anything else to add.

wubwubwubwub 01-24-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz (Post 30433050)
Id say the OP butchered what was said, but he was right in that Murray said Alfie wont be moved, along with a couple other untouchables ( he (he wouldnt say any other names, but being the smart fellow I am, Im guessing the other untouchable is Spezza.)

-Will make room for 3-4 rookies and young guys next year so some veterans wont be back.
-He also said they need to bring in a winger for Spezza, another indicator that Spezza wont be moved.
(How did the OP get that Spezza is going to be moved if were looking to bring in a winger for him?)

Thats pretty much it, Im assuming the veterans on the block would be someone like a Phillips and a Fisher, but Im not even sure about Fisher either.

He's been saying all year that Spezza is getting traded from some inside source that works for the Sens

wilfred 01-24-2011 05:42 PM

IMO if Alfy stays then Spezza and Fisher should go depending on the return of course

OmniSens 01-24-2011 05:47 PM

Thank god...I'm sure he's retiring after this season or next. He should stay a Senator for his whole career. Then again, I would love to see him lift that cup, but won't happen in Ottawa.

Carlton Orr* 01-24-2011 05:54 PM

Spezza is not going anywhere. The guy is a 90 point center if they could get anyone to play with him.

HeadLikeAnOrange* 01-24-2011 05:57 PM

So quality vets are off the table as well as their prospects...

This sounds more and more like a 'retool' than a rebuild... :help:

danishh 01-24-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadLikeAnOrange (Post 30433643)
So quality vets are off the table as well as their prospects...

This sounds more and more like a 'retool' than a rebuild... :help:

it is.
this market cant take a pittsburgh style rebuild. The fanbase cannot take sustained lottery seasons.


Look for them to identify some vets that they need to move, and use freed roster spots for prospects (especially on D, but probably also at least 2 at forward).

SpezDispenser 01-24-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadLikeAnOrange (Post 30433643)
So quality vets are off the table as well as their prospects...

This sounds more and more like a 'retool' than a rebuild... :help:

100% it's a re-tool.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.