HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Colorado- Atlanta (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=868896)

ManOnTheMoon 01-24-2011 08:43 PM

Colorado- Atlanta
 
To Colorado-
Tobias Enstrom


To Atlanta-
Chris Stewart

Colorado gets a defender cut from the shifty, quick, offensively-minded mold who can play (much more than) competent defense. Atlanta adds a top flight top 6er who can score at a PPG pace. I realize parting with either player is nearly unthinkable for each side, but specifically, do any Colorado or Atlanta fans pull the trigger on this? Who needs to add? Or are both teams better just standing pat with what they have?

andreb888 01-24-2011 08:45 PM

We've already got enough offensive d-men, thanks , but no thanks

DuckEatinShark 01-24-2011 08:46 PM

As a neutral fan I think Colorado is set on offensive defensemen and they need Stewart a lot more. I also think Atlanta needs their top defenseman a lot more than Stewart.

Neither team does this.

shadow1 01-24-2011 08:51 PM

Seems like one of those deals that hurts one team more (Atlanta) but neither team does. In terms of value it's pretty accurate, though.

BigTuna49 01-24-2011 08:52 PM

Are people doing this just to annoy Atlanta posters?

Vipers31 01-24-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow1 (Post 30438005)
In terms of value it's pretty accurate, though.

EDIT: nvm.

btn 01-24-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke49 (Post 30438035)
Are people doing this just to annoy Atlanta posters?

Blame Eklund, he said Enstrom was on the block today for some reason.

Do the Stewarts have any other brothers we could be drafting soon? Colorado fans may balk at this, but I think they would need to throw in a little more.

The Kingslayer 01-24-2011 08:56 PM

Love Enstrom but Avs need Stewart way more

NHL33* 01-24-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn (Post 30438111)
Do the Stewarts have any other brothers we could be drafting soon?

Both Cal O'Reilly and Anthony Stewart have dampened our fun a bit this season. ;)

BigTuna49 01-24-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn (Post 30438111)
Blame Eklund, he said Enstrom was on the block today for some reason.

Do the Stewarts have any other brothers we could be drafting soon? Colorado fans may balk at this, but I think they would need to throw in a little more.

WTF?! Uhhhhh......

wej20 01-24-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke49 (Post 30438035)
Are people doing this just to annoy Atlanta posters?

It's a lot closer than most of the proposals on here.

Freudian 01-24-2011 09:01 PM

Enströms size isn't a problem for Atlanta, but for an Avs team that dressed four skaters under six feet last game, it probably isn't a good idea to add another smurf.

Zih 01-24-2011 09:10 PM

Greg Sherman says "Done no take-backs." Every other sane person says the Avs have enough undersized offensive defensemen.

BigTuna49 01-24-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wej20 (Post 30438335)
It's a lot closer than most of the proposals on here.

Yeh I know. I'm just saying proposing to trade Enstrom in general.

wej20 01-24-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke49 (Post 30438665)
Yeh I know. I'm just saying proposing to trade Enstrom in general.

I can't imagine Atlanta moving Enstrom unless a team is willing to put something silly on the table.

Rhodes 81 01-24-2011 09:14 PM

while this is actually a lot closer to fair value for enstrom than most, we need him more than fake chris stewart's brother.

SilverRiver89 01-24-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn (Post 30438111)
Blame Eklund, he said Enstrom was on the block today for some reason.

Do the Stewarts have any other brothers we could be drafting soon? Colorado fans may balk at this, but I think they would need to throw in a little more.

I remember reading somewhere that the rest of their siblings are girls, so no.

Da Kozak 01-24-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark (Post 30437845)
As a neutral fan I think Colorado is set on offensive defensemen and they need Stewart a lot more. I also think Atlanta needs their top defenseman a lot more than Stewart.

Neither team does this.

This

Sheky Express 01-24-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wej20 (Post 30438772)
I can't imagine Atlanta moving Enstrom unless a team is willing to put something silly on the table.

...not necessarily 'silly' but something that's a level or two above an overpayment...(I'll get killed for this, but) ...howz about Duchene or Stastny straight up? maybe ATL adds a 2nd or Machacek/Klingberg or something like that...not together but separate offers in addition to Toby

ManOnTheMoon 01-24-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheky Express (Post 30439177)
...not necessarily 'silly' but something that's a level or two above an overpayment...(I'll get killed for this, but) ...howz about Duchene or Stastny straight up? maybe ATL adds a 2nd or Machacek/Klingberg or something like that...not together but separate offers in addition to Toby

That isn't an insane request. Say Stastny for Enstrom + Machacek. As an Avs fan I'm not insulted by the ridiculousness of that or anything. It's just not a trade I would make. Stastny, Duchene, and Stewart are all about equal in their contribution to the Avs, but the team is very much built around Stastny and Duchene's styles. By removing either of them, the relevance of the players around them declines, and for that reason, I would decline, but the value is very good.

headsigh 01-24-2011 09:37 PM

Value is there in vacuum but it doesn't do anything for either team- Colorado loses stewart and Atlanta loses their best defenseman who is a big reason for Byfuglien's breakout.

I would offer a package of Bogosian and a pick or prospect for Stewart, if only for the Kane-Burmistrov-Stewart line to be legion of doom v2.

quesosauce 01-25-2011 12:07 AM

stewart isnt going anywhere, neither is toby

AbsolonMoreau* 01-25-2011 12:52 AM

Is Clowe better or worse than Stewart? Stats say Clowe is better so just throwing this out there would ATL be interested in Clowe for Toby + a 3rd/4th if Stewart is worth Toby himself?

Pual Statsny 01-25-2011 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau (Post 30445458)
Is Clowe better or worse than Stewart? Stats say Clowe is better so just throwing this out there would ATL be interested in Clowe for Toby + a 3rd/4th if Stewart is worth Toby himself?

You're kidding right?

skip2mybordeleau 01-25-2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau (Post 30445458)
Is Clowe better or worse than Stewart? Stats say Clowe is better so just throwing this out there would ATL be interested in Clowe for Toby + a 3rd/4th if Stewart is worth Toby himself?

how do you figure from a statistical point of view clowe is doing better than stewart?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.