HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   OTT/STL trade proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=86914)

Gibsons Finest 06-26-2004 11:48 PM

OTT/STL trade proposal
 
To STL: Patrick Lalime

To OTT: Pavol Demitra*

*The Blues must sign him to a two-year, $13 million contract($6.5 million a year) and pay $6 million of that contract($3.5 million a year for the Sens)

Blues might not pay that much of Demitra's salary, but they might as it would save a bit of salary. Demitra gets Bonk's salary, and Hasek likely ends up with around what Lalime made.


Lalime would obviously be the starter in front of Bacashiua in St.Louis, and Osgood would become a compensatory pick in 2005. Lalime is a cheaper option for the Blues as well.

Since it involves the roster, I'll make an attempt at Ottawa's whole roster:

Spezza-Demitra-Hossa
Schaefer-White-Alfredsson
Varada-Smolinski-Havlat
Van Allen-Vermette-Neil

Chara-Phillips
Redden-DeVries
Volnchenkov-Pothier

Hasek
Prusek


Thoughts?

TVanek26* 06-26-2004 11:55 PM

Where's Bondra??And Demitra at that price is a bargain.

Other Dave 06-26-2004 11:59 PM

Couldn't Stl just let Demitra go and find a netminder better than Lalime who's making less than 5.5 mil a season (the Blues' net cost in this deal)? Turek, just to cite a random example.

kimzey59 06-27-2004 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
To STL: Patrick Lalime

To OTT: Pavol Demitra*

*The Blues must sign him to a two-year, $13 million contract($6.5 million a year) and pay $6 million of that contract($3.5 million a year for the Sens)

Blues might not pay that much of Demitra's salary, but they might as it would save a bit of salary. Demitra gets Bonk's salary, and Hasek likely ends up with around what Lalime made.


Lalime would obviously be the starter in front of Bacashiua in St.Louis, and Osgood would become a compensatory pick in 2005. Lalime is a cheaper option for the Blues as well.

Since it involves the roster, I'll make an attempt at Ottawa's whole roster:

Spezza-Demitra-Hossa
Schaefer-White-Alfredsson
Varada-Smolinski-Havlat
Van Allen-Vermette-Neil

Chara-Phillips
Redden-DeVries
Volnchenkov-Pothier

Hasek
Prusek


Thoughts?

NO.
For one, if you want the Blues to take LALIME straight up for Demitra you are eating ALL of Demitra's contract PLUS you guys will have to be the one negotiating it. Add Bondra and another asset(good prospect or top 3 round pick in 05) and we MIGHT be willing to cover any difference in salary(and even THAT is unlikely considering their PO performances).
Counter offer: Demitra for Lalime, Bondra and a Third in '05. Lalime and Bondra have very little value right now: both pulled MAJOR disappearing acts in the PO's this year(even moreso than Demitra did). The Blues would be dropping a combined 2 mil in salary(between losing Demitra and not resigning Osgood) so don't expect us to be eating any money either.

Russian_fanatic 06-27-2004 12:15 AM

Sens win in a land slide !!!

andora 06-27-2004 12:21 AM

and the sens get softer while limiting their payroll flexibility

yeah, great trade

Alfie#11 06-27-2004 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
To STL: Patrick Lalime

To OTT: Pavol Demitra*

*The Blues must sign him to a two-year, $13 million contract($6.5 million a year) and pay $6 million of that contract($3.5 million a year for the Sens)

Blues might not pay that much of Demitra's salary, but they might as it would save a bit of salary. Demitra gets Bonk's salary, and Hasek likely ends up with around what Lalime made.


Lalime would obviously be the starter in front of Bacashiua in St.Louis, and Osgood would become a compensatory pick in 2005. Lalime is a cheaper option for the Blues as well.

Since it involves the roster, I'll make an attempt at Ottawa's whole roster:

Spezza-Demitra-Hossa
Schaefer-White-Alfredsson
Varada-Smolinski-Havlat
Van Allen-Vermette-Neil

Chara-Phillips
Redden-DeVries
Volnchenkov-Pothier

Hasek
Prusek


Thoughts?

Well, you're missing Fisher in that lineup. Van Allen is also likely to retire.

Personally, I'm not interested in Demitra. Much like Bondra, he wouldn't do much here. There are too many skill guys here and not enough grit to help them out.

I'd much rather have guys like Drake, Mayers et al. from St.Louis.

Ottawa has the skill guys. We need quality complementary players to help them out. Demitra would be money wasted.

Gibsons Finest 06-27-2004 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Where's Bondra??And Demitra at that price is a bargain.

I don't see Muck taking his $4.5 million option.

Lalime's a great goalie. He's the type of guy the Blues need. Lalime is definetely worth Demitra, though because he had an off year, Lalime has little value(his value does decrease, though, as Hasek would be under contract). Like I said, maybe St.Louis eats a little less. Maybe $2 million a year?

Ottawa needs a #1 center. Unless they're confident in Todd White or Jason Spezza as their #1 center, Demitra is a much better two-year option. Then Demitra leaves to UFA, unless Ottawa signs him, and Spezza then takes over.

Maybe add some conditional picks depending on Demitra's performance rating vs. Lalime's performance rating.

Gibsons Finest 06-27-2004 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfie#11
Well, you're missing Fisher in that lineup. Van Allen is also likely to retire.

Personally, I'm interested in Demitra. Much like Bondra, he wouldn't do much here. There are too many skill guys here and not enough grit to help them out.

I'd much rather have guys like Drake, Mayers et al. from St.Louis.

Ottawa has the skill guys. We need quality complementary players to help them out. Demitra would be money wasted.

:mad: I can't believe I forgot him! Insert him on line #2 LW, and bump the other two right down, which also eliminates Van Allen.

You guys need grit, but you're gonna be hard pressed to find that #1 center who isn't soft. I can really understand why alot of Sens fans are interested in Fedorov. I'd think they go for an option like Demitra for #1 center, and then get a gritty winger like Ryan Smyth or someone like that.

andora 06-27-2004 12:39 AM

they could look at jason allison (if healthy) and do a lindrosesque contract. if he consents and is healthy, i'd gladly persue him

arnott would have been ideal IMO, or even take a peek in on peca and what it might take

Tap on the Ankle 06-27-2004 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora
arnott would have been ideal IMO, or even take a peek in on peca and what it might take

Peca is a strong possibility... I remember the Islanders pressed us to trade for him before. What they expected in return, I don't remember. Maybe somebody else does.

andora 06-27-2004 01:51 AM

vermette and white ?.. any ideas on that

guitaraholic* 06-27-2004 02:08 AM

wow, this trade is so lopsided in favor of the Senators it's disgusting... Basically you're asking St.Louis to take Lalame off your hands and give you Demitra to allow them to do it. Yippee. Lalime is no better than Osgood... A brutal proposal and while the Blues may be looking to trim payroll they sure aren't about to do the Senators such a huge favor.

Gibsons Finest 06-27-2004 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitaraholic
wow, this trade is so lopsided in favor of the Senators it's disgusting... Basically you're asking St.Louis to take Lalame off your hands and give you Demitra to allow them to do it. Yippee. Lalime is no better than Osgood... A brutal proposal and while the Blues may be looking to trim payroll they sure aren't about to do the Senators such a huge favor.

Lalime is alot better than Osgood....and cheaper. Lalime had an off year this year, but Demitra didn't exactly have a great season. The biggest reason the Blues never go too far in the playoffs is the goaltending situation, and Lalime, with the exception of this year, is a great playoff goaltender. You won't go far without good goaltending, and what Osgood's done as of late in the postseason hasn't exactly been good goaltending.

SensGod 06-27-2004 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora
vermette and white ?.. any ideas on that

Vermette's not going anywhere...


But then Again...Muckler is our GM...and he's no officially a member of the "idiot" group as far as I'm concerned.

Milbury, Muckler, Milbury, Muckler, Milbury, Muckler...if you say it enough...they become one.

Vyse64 06-27-2004 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensGod
Vermette's not going anywhere...


But then Again...Muckler is our GM...and he's no officially a member of the "idiot" group as far as I'm concerned.

Milbury, Muckler, Milbury, Muckler, Milbury, Muckler...if you say it enough...they become one.

Muckbury? :joker:

SensGod 06-27-2004 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
Muckbury? :joker:


OOooOOooo...we've got it people...

Long live MUCKBURY!

Or better yet...McBury...something you can get at McDonalds.

Yes...i'd like to have the McBury combo please...and could I super-size my stupid juice with that?

CREW99AW 06-27-2004 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller

and Hasek likely ends up with around what Lalime made.


?

Lalime made $2.5m and Hasek's deal is for $2m,but it's got incentives.

One of which is that if the Sens win the cup,Hasek becomes the highest paid goalie in the league.That'd be about $8m for Hasek.With several key rfa to sign,are the Sens looking to take on Demitra's salary?

CREW99AW 06-27-2004 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fisher
Peca is a strong possibility... I remember the Islanders pressed us to trade for him before. What they expected in return, I don't remember. Maybe somebody else does.


Muckler didn't want to move Bonk for Peca last winter :D

CREW99AW 06-27-2004 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fisher
Peca is a strong possibility... I remember the Islanders pressed us to trade for him before. What they expected in return, I don't remember. Maybe somebody else does.


Not one press articles says the isles 'pressed' the Sens to take Peca.What the isles did was refuse to move Peca to either Toronto or Ottowa on the cheap and trade talks died.

SensGod 06-27-2004 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Muckler didn't want to move Bonk for Peca last winter :D

Muckler's an idiot...we've already established that.

CREW99AW 06-27-2004 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensGod
Muckler's an idiot...we've already established that.


Well he's still heads and shoulders above Mad Mike :D

Brooks writes that Barnaby's interested in signing with the Sens.He'd be cheaper then Peca's $4.2m.Did Muckler show any interest in aquiring Barnaby after the Sens hired him?

The Lehner 06-27-2004 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Well he's still heads and shoulders above Mad Mike :D

Brooks writes that Barnaby's interested in signing with the Sens.He'd be cheaper then Peca's $4.2m.Did Muckler show any interest in aquiring Barnaby after the Sens hired him?

There have been many rumours of Muckler being interested in Barnaby (an Ottawa kid) over the past 2 years. Interesting.

Jaysfanatic* 06-27-2004 09:12 AM

How about, the Sens trade Christer Olsson for Pavol Demitra :dunno:

GKJ 06-27-2004 09:18 AM

Lalime's been traded to St. Louis for an '05 draft pick

http://www.tsn.ca/news_story.asp?ID=89195&hubName=main


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.