HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Giroux on Missanelli's show (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=869622)

MCAKES 01-26-2011 03:15 PM

Giroux on Missanelli's show

Should be on the website sooner than later. Claude was quite reserved in his answers... to say the least

might2mash 01-26-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCAKES (Post 30479092)
Should be on the website sooner than later. Claude was quite reserved in his answers... to say the least

Huh? Do you work for 97.5?

What's with all this hockey attention from radio stations all of a sudden? :laugh:

ihatebraydenschenn 01-26-2011 03:46 PM

I can't help but listen to that show on the way home, but jesus christ, Mike Miss is such an ass sometimes, and the way he disregards the Flyers seriously annoys me. Yesterday he said we'd lose to the Canadiens because we were about to head into a break. Good call Mike, good call.

His remarks on soccer and the World Cup topped it off last summer.

GKJ 01-26-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by might2mash (Post 30479743)
Huh? Do you work for 97.5?

What's with all this hockey attention from radio stations all of a sudden? :laugh:

You can only talk about the Eagles not telling anyone anything, and wait out the Phillies opening spring training for so long.

Did Claude hit back?

Phileeguy 01-26-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galvo (Post 30479825)
I can't help but listen to that show on the way home, but jesus christ, Mike Miss is such an ass sometimes, and the way he disregards the Flyers seriously annoys me. Yesterday he said we'd lose to the Canadiens because we were about to head into a break. Good call Mike, good call.

His remarks on soccer and the World Cup topped it off last summer.

Well unless you've got satellite radio you have two options for the afternoon/drive home in terms of sports talk radio in town. One is Mike Miss who almost never talks hockey, and the other is the Burger King look-alike and Ike Reese who almost never talk hockey (but to be fair I notice Ike actually trying to take an interest when it's being brought up if I listen). Then again they play to their audiences and callers, most of whom are more willing to talk Eagles/Phils.

I find the only one who consistently in this town is interested in talking Flyers, has a show and that isn't intolerable to listen to sometimes (I'm looking at you Cataldi) is Glen Macnow. Macnow was high on Bob before most people too.

Of course I might be way off base here, I haven't listened in to either station in quite a while.

46zone 01-26-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phileeguy (Post 30481093)
Well unless you've got satellite radio you have two options for the afternoon/drive home in terms of sports talk radio in town. One is Mike Miss who almost never talks hockey, and the other is the Burger King look-alike and Ike Reese who almost never talk hockey (but to be fair I notice Ike actually trying to take an interest when it's being brought up if I listen). Then again they play to their audiences and callers, most of whom are more willing to talk Eagles/Phils.

I find the only one who consistently in this town is interested in talking Flyers, has a show and that isn't intolerable to listen to sometimes (I'm looking at you Cataldi) is Glen Macnow. Macnow was high on Bob before most people too.

Of course I might be way off base here, I haven't listened in to either station in quite a while.

No, you're right. Glen and Anthony talk Flyers fairly often, and to be honest they might be the only show worth listening to at all.

PALE PWNR 01-26-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 30480093)
You can only talk about the Eagles not telling anyone anything, and wait out the Phillies opening spring training for so long.

Did Claude hit back?

WIP still only talks Eagles Phillies

GKJ 01-26-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PALE PWNR (Post 30482678)
WIP still only talks Eagles Phillies

Not necessarily.

rWoHockeyman88 01-26-2011 07:41 PM

Mike Miss found a way back on Philly radio? Forgive me I live in Richmond, VA, so I only get to listen online at work, and filters went up on internet radio a year or 2 ago. Last I heard, he choked out some guy during a satelite with WIP and he got canned. Not a fan of Mike Miss, but I always liked Anthony Gargano and Glen Macnow though!

dbr2 01-26-2011 07:54 PM

I get sick of all the radio guy in the Philly area.

However, Jones on the morning show is cool. At least he was on it the yesterday.

I'm a fan of Rob Ellis. The late night guys aren't too bad. I can't think of the other late night guy.

PALE PWNR 01-26-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 30483036)
Not necessarily.

They'll talk flyers if someone calls in and mentions Flyers on the side then immediately talk about Eagles defense sucking and what they need to do to upgrade it over the offseason, Cliff Lee is god's gift to Philadelphia sports and are we still mad about Jayson Werth taking the money in Washington? Hockey is an afterthought no matter who is on. They could blow out a team 15-0 and the biggest story of the day on WIP is Mike Vick still a candidate for MVP.

Razor the Goalie 01-26-2011 09:14 PM

Mike Miss is frankly a joke, he bounces around until someone calls him out and then acts like a school girl gets fired and ends up on a different network and that little punk John Marx who has called out Mike Richards many times on the radio.

:/ All they can talk about is the depth chart at middle linebacker on a team that defines a cash cow.

GKJ 01-26-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PALE PWNR (Post 30486686)
They'll talk flyers if someone calls in and mentions Flyers on the side then immediately talk about Eagles defense sucking and what they need to do to upgrade it over the offseason, Cliff Lee is god's gift to Philadelphia sports and are we still mad about Jayson Werth taking the money in Washington? Hockey is an afterthought no matter who is on. They could blow out a team 15-0 and the biggest story of the day on WIP is Mike Vick still a candidate for MVP.

Well after the Ottawa game, they were talking about the Flyers. At least they were at 2am when I was listening.

Today alone on the midday show they talked to Peter Laviolette and ASF, and chatted to themselves about Bobrovsky for at least 20 minutes.

rWoHockeyman88 01-26-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 30487222)
Well after the Ottawa game, they were talking about the Flyers. At least they were at 2am when I was listening.

Today alone on the midday show they talked to Peter Laviolette and ASF, and chatted to themselves about Bobrovsky for at least 20 minutes.

Macnow is still middays right? If I remember from my time listening in, Macnow is a huge Flyers supporter.

GKJ 01-26-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rWoHockeyman88 (Post 30487459)
Macnow is still middays right? If I remember from my time listening in, Macnow is a huge Flyers supporter.

Yes, 10-3pm

Protest 01-26-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

The mid day show will talk hockey. They have players call in fairly regularly, and talk to the coach often enough. They obviously will mainly focus on the Phillies or Eagles but they usually do fit hockey in somewhere and if something big is going on they'll definitely spend a decent amount of time on it.

Also Brian Startarie (sp?) And Rob Ellis will talk a lot of hockey when they're on.

i am dave 01-26-2011 09:41 PM

The guys who do evenings/nights after Flyers games give a good try at talking hockey. Sometimes it's Brian Startare and sometimes it's Rob Ellis. They usually come undone by people calling after the game who just have no idea what they're talking about.

Rob Charry is the absolute worst.

dbr2 01-26-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

That's when I listen too, and they talk Flyers late at night.

JagerPuck 01-26-2011 10:47 PM

Mikey Miss kinda stinks.

whatthef 01-26-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phileeguy (Post 30481093)

Thanks to my satellite radio I'm often listening to Hockey Night in Canada Radio. Thank god for that I can only take so much whining about the Eagles.

Gert B Frobe 01-27-2011 12:07 AM

Macnow seems to watch most Flyers games and knows the team and it's history but doesn't know crap about the rest of the league (or anybody who hasn't or doesn't play for the Flyers). Gargano just goes along with it but will readily admit he doesn't follow hockey.

Eskin just makes definitive, unqualified statements about how the Flyers will never win the cup.

Gert B Frobe 01-27-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatthef (Post 30491481)
Thanks to my satellite radio I'm often listening to Hockey Night in Canada Radio. Thank god for that I can only take so much whining about the Eagles.

Me too - and I know it's a Canadian show but my GOD how much can they talk about the frickin Leafs??? They suck so bad it forces them to talk Canucks too..

Flyersfan139 01-27-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 30487555)
Yes, 10-3pm

That's the only show I like to listen to on WIP but they still don't talk about the Flyers very often. Unless they are in the playoffs of course.

phillyflu 01-27-2011 05:10 AM

They were talking a good bit of Flyers the other day on the mid-day show on 610. Danny Briere called in and they had good interview with him.

mja 01-27-2011 06:18 AM

Macnow actually is an avid hockey fan, not surprising since he's from Buffalo.

Gagano doesn't really know what he is talking about, but he tries. He's clearly more comfortable talking Football/Hoops/Baseball.

Missanelli actually is the king of Philly sports radio right now, at least ratings-wise. He's crushing Eskin. Missanelli still feels hockey is a clearly inferior sport to baseball, football, and basketball. He'll give the Flyers their due these days but he was better until he started to clean Eskin's clock. That's gone to his head. He isn't as bad as in his WIP days during he Lindros-era (when he clearly hated Lindros).

Eskin is just Eskin and has been hit hard by the Mikey Miss rivalry, to the point they gave him Ike Reese to balance his act, who actually does a pretty decent job (whenever I listen, which is rare, I can't stand Eskin) at calling Howard out whenever he contradicts himself, which is frequently.

Eskin clearly HATES hockey. Reese actually seems to be a budding new fan who has dedicated himself to his new profession by trying to build up his expertise in sports other than football. I find his attitude refreshing, if his knowledge is underwhelming.