HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Speculation: Trade deadline Today Feb 28th (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=869921)

BoltSTH 01-27-2011 08:47 AM

Trade deadline Today Feb 28th

With the trade deadline a month away what does everyone think we should and will do?

In 2003-2004 the addition of Sydor was the last piece we needed.

Will SY be willing to use one of the 2nd round picks, or one of those stuck in the minors like Blair Jones as a trade piece?

I Am Beat You 01-27-2011 09:57 AM

Trade a mid level prospect and a 4th for a solid bottom pairing D if possible, but I still am not opposed to trading Purcell with a pick if it means a very significant upgrade on D as well as a forward who could fill in. By that, I mean a combo such as Regehr and Glencross (That's an example by the way, their asking price would be much higher).

Players like Montador and McCormick, Bieksa and Glass etc would fit in nicely if the price is right.

Also, put Ritola on waivers. If he gets claimed (likely I assume), then it's not a huge deal, but if he doesn't we can keep him in Norfolk for the future or try and deal him at the deadline.

sonny side up 01-27-2011 11:59 AM

just need another Dman.. Smaby + Smitty + Blair Jones for someone who's actually good on D and will get more than 3 mins?

IdealisticSniper 01-27-2011 12:04 PM

I am of the mindset that we wont see much action on the deadline. The prices will probably be too high and like most of us have understood, regardless of the success they have had thus far, this season was not a go for the cup type of season.

Therefore I dont see SFY giving up any decent to major assets to acquire a rental.

Having said that, there are a few players out there, namely some RFAs, that are said to be on the trade block that I wouldnt mind giving up something of value to obtain because they would be here in the future as well.

Not saying its going to happen, but picking up a Brent Seabrook or even better a Shea Weber would be absolutely amazing.

It will be interesting to see if SFY does in fact do anything, but its really going to depend on the market. The West is so clogged right now will ANYONE be a seller? The east has a few bubble teams but how many same conference trades are there normally? Not too many.

I will just be happy that we wont be sellers for once. :)

LightningStrikes 01-27-2011 12:05 PM

Because Bieksa was mentioned: I don't think the Canucks will move Bieksa or even consider moving him at the moment. He's playing great, Salo is out forever and now Edler is out indefinitely (back surgery) so I just don't see that happening.

Yzerman stated before he won't move his 1st or 2nd rounders. He also told the media/fans not to expect any more bigger trades from him this year after he acquired Roloson (can't find the link right now) so I think we won't see much action action at the trade deadline.

I still hope he'll be able to somehow acquire a solid D for Ellis/Smith + x.

VoteNOB 01-29-2011 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningStrikes (Post 30499336)
Yzerman stated before he won't move his 1st or 2nd rounders. He also told the media/fans not to expect any more bigger trades from him this year after he acquired Roloson (can't find the link right now) so I think we won't see much action action at the trade deadline.

He also said it may take a while for us to be competitive :) (he's not going to show his hand and if he has a chance to improve the team and not mortgage the future, I would expect him to do so ).

bretzky29ca* 01-29-2011 05:07 PM

From a Tampa Bay perspective, knowing that this year could be the year, if T.O offers you Clarke MacArthur, who to clarify is an UFA at season's end plus a 4th round pick in exchange for goaltender Dustin Tokarski, would you be inclined to accept?

Bish please 01-29-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bretzky29ca (Post 30535245)
From a Tampa Bay perspective, knowing that this year could be the year, if T.O offers you Clarke MacArthur, who to clarify is an UFA at season's end plus a 4th round pick in exchange for goaltender Dustin Tokarski, would you be inclined to accept?

No. We don't need another forward, especially a UFA at the expense of Tokarski.

TheDaysOf 04 01-29-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bretzky29ca (Post 30535245)

I wouldn't trade Tic, but why would Toronto want Tokarski? They are pretty set in that area with Jussi Rynnas and James Reimer.

BadHammy* 01-29-2011 06:17 PM

If someone is willing to give us a D upgrade for Purcell or Harju, please pull the trigger in a heartbeat. We're going to see how Bergeron pans out but I really don't expect much. We're set in net, set with scoring up front and have a ton of gritty, role playing forwards... The one thing we lack, well we all know what that is...

Rschmitz 01-29-2011 09:14 PM

Speaking of Bergeron, its about his due date for a look and see on the big club. Between now and the trade deadline there should be plenty of time to evaluate him and see if we need more help.

Doctor Drej 01-29-2011 09:22 PM

I'm in the Not Trading Purcell wagon here. He's our 4th leading guy in points, trading him for a #3-6 Dman isn't anything that would be a big addition or even equal to Teddy's value especially with Hedman's play lately as a #1 Dman, bumping Ohlund, Lundin etc. down a slot makes it even more of a lesser need. Only guy that would be replaced on the defense right now who plays enough (so discounting Smaby) is Jones, but he hasn't done anything to warrant being replaced, he's been pretty damn good this year considering he was dubbed the Anti-Christ by Kings fans.

A Bergeron call-up is about the only deadline move or close to deadline move I see us making. If we trade Smith or Ellis for a pick or a 13th forward, great. If not oh well. I'm pretty content with the team right now.

Rschmitz 01-29-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Downie (Post 30541168)
I'm in the Not Trading Purcell wagon here. He's our 4th leading guy in points, trading him for a #3-6 Dman isn't anything that would be a big addition or even equal to Teddy's value especially with Hedman's play lately as a #1 Dman, bumping Ohlund, Lundin etc. down a slot makes it even more of a lesser need. Only guy that would be replaced on the defense right now who plays enough (so discounting Smaby) is Jones, but he hasn't done anything to warrant being replaced, he's been pretty damn good this year considering he was dubbed the Anti-Christ by Kings fans.

A Bergeron call-up is about the only deadline move or close to deadline move I see us making. If we trade Smith or Ellis for a pick or a 13th forward, great. If not oh well. I'm pretty content with the team right now.

His recent chemistry with V4 and Gagne makes me against it as well

TheDaysOf 04 01-29-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Downie (Post 30541168)

I also would like to keep Purcell. He's a nice offensive player and he's have a great season. I would like to see how far his potential could go. That said I think if we had to trade a forward with good value, he would probably be the one gone.

I Am Beat You 01-29-2011 11:16 PM

A couple of good games does not make Hedman a #1 d-man, so I think it's a huge mistake to think that his very recent play will/should affect whether we go after defensive help before the deadline. I'm ok with trading Purcell as long as the price is right (so I guess that could apply to most players). If Teddy's involved, it would have to be a Regehr, Seabrook or possibly Bieksa depending on the deal coming back the other way.

More realistically, I'd say shop Harju to a team that thinks they will play him at the NHL level along with a 4th and whatever else might be necessary to get a solid defenseman and possibly a depth forward.

Rschmitz 01-29-2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad2891 (Post 30542441)
A couple of good games does not make Hedman a #1 d-man, so I think it's a huge mistake to think that his very recent play will/should affect whether we go after defensive help before the deadline. I'm ok with trading Purcell as long as the price is right. If Teddy's involved, it would have to be a Regehr, Seabrook or possibly Bieksa depending on the deal coming back the other way.

More realistically, I'd say shop Harju to a team that thinks they will play him at the NHL level along with a 4th and whatever else might be necessary to get a solid defenseman and possibly a depth forward.

Sounds good to me

peanutvendor 01-30-2011 03:47 AM

when the team actually proved they were good by winning often, i began to think about yzerman acquiring a top pairing dman at the deadline that would havea high probablility of signing in the offseason for a reasonable amount. i was thinking jovanovksi. maybe there are others i cant think right now. with our pieces, we need to look outside the organization to find that top pairing d that we need

Still All In 01-30-2011 10:30 AM

Depending on what Uncle Feaster is doing, I wouldn't be against bringing Sarich back.

Maelmoor 01-30-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey (Post 30545647)
Depending on what Uncle Feaster is doing, I wouldn't be against bringing Sarich back.

I would prefer a decent skater as our defense is slow as it is. With Bouchers system mobility is even more important.

StammerHed2010 01-30-2011 12:42 PM

Harju + 5th for Kaberle?

I really have no idea, but Toronto wants a bigger forward.

newham89 01-30-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StammerHed2010 (Post 30547144)
Harju + 5th for Kaberle?

I think more would need to be added.

Vasilevski 01-30-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StammerHed2010 (Post 30547144)
Harju + 5th for Kaberle?

lol, no way Toronto accepts that.

I'd change the 5th for a 3rd and add Ritola

Benders Lindyhop 01-30-2011 01:16 PM

Not that it will happen, but what do you guys think it would take to get Robyn Regher out of Calgary? That isn't named Teddy Purcell?

I Am Beat You 01-30-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey (Post 30545647)

Me neither. He'd be a good guy to have in the playoffs, and if possible I wouldn't mind seeing Glencross added as well. That said, Sarich's salary lasts for another season, so I'm not sure how much that would play into a possible deal for him, even though we have the cap space to make it happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maelmoor (Post 30546014)
I would prefer a decent skater as our defense is slow as it is. With Bouchers system mobility is even more important.

I'd be fine with Sarich replacing Jones. Even though Cory doesn't have the greatest mobility, he knows how to play angles and most importantly use his body to make up for his skating.
Quote:

Originally Posted by viktors89 (Post 30547286)
lol, no way Toronto accepts that.

I'd change the 5th for a 3rd and add Ritola

As was pointed out to me awhile back, I think Ritola would have to be put on waivers before he gets traded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by albatross (Post 30547552)
Not that it will happen, but what do you guys think it would take to get Robyn Regher out of Calgary? That isn't named Teddy Purcell?

If Teddy's not involved, a prospect like Ashton would probably be asked for. Since Yzerman doesn't want to part with 1st, 2nd or 3rds, I think Purcell would likely be the best option to move if there was a deal for Regehr.

LightningStrikes 01-30-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albatross (Post 30547552)

Draft picks that SFY doesn't want to move. Calgary is - or should be - on the verge of a rebuild.