HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Chris Drury for Jeff Finger and Brett Lebda(June 2011) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=870822)

RangerBoy 01-30-2011 09:32 AM

Chris Drury for Jeff Finger and Brett Lebda(June 2011)

The Leaf guys want Drury so much. You can have him. Drury to the Leafs for Jeff Finger. Expiring contract for expiring contract. $5M in salary for $3.5M in salary. MLSE can afford the extra $1.5M. Not qualifying John Mitchell and not re-signing Fredrik Sjostrom gives them that $1.5M. Drury is an upgrade over the garbage TO has at forward. Instead of paying Finger $3.5M to play for the Marlies,an extra $1.5M gets them a top 9 forward. The cap is going up by $3M. The free agent forward market is thin. Brad Richards will be a Leaf only if he wants to chase every last dollar which doesn't seem to be the case. Brian Burke and Ron Wilson can work some of the Team USA magic and sell Drury on playing for the Leafs.

No Drury for Mike Komisarek proposals. No proposals with the Rangers including a top prospect,young roster player or #1 pick.

Drury for Finger.

QMJHLfollower 01-30-2011 09:34 AM

No thanks. Finger has no effect on the Leafs cap hit.

New Liskeard 01-30-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 30545178)
The Leaf guys want Drury so much. You can have him. Drury to the Leafs for Jeff Finger. Expiring contract for expiring contract. $5M in salary for $3.5M in salary. MLSE can afford the extra $1.5M. Not qualifying John Mitchell and not re-signing Fredrik Sjostrom gives them that $1.5M. Drury is an upgrade over the garbage TO has at forward. Instead of paying Finger $3.5M to play for the Marlies,an extra $1.5M gets them a top 9 forward. The cap is going up by $3M. The free agent forward market is thin. Brad Richards will be a Leaf only if he wants to chase every last dollar which doesn't seem to be the case. Brian Burke and Ron Wilson can work some of the Team USA magic and sell Drury on playing for the Leafs.

No Drury for Mike Komisarek proposals. No proposals with the Rangers including a top prospect,young roster player or #1 pick.

Drury for Finger.

So the Leafs trade for a player with a higher cap hit and a complete NMC? Leafs don't touch this moronic proposal.

FanHabtic 01-30-2011 09:48 AM

I don't think i have ready anywhere that Leaf fans want Drury. I'm sure they would give you the Finger for this moronic proposal.

beastly115 01-30-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanHabtic (Post 30545282)
I don't think i have ready anywhere that Leaf fans want Drury. I'm sure they would give you the Finger for this moronic proposal.

Surely you jest. Here's one: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=870658

I'm not going to bother looking for others, search Drury and you'll find a plethora of threads of Leafs fans asking for Drury + 1st, Drury + Kreider, etc.

stanleyorbust 01-30-2011 09:51 AM

to be honest...not sure I would trade Finger for Drury. He is done.... at 35.. which his offense tanking... and the constant concussion issues, I don't think he has anything left in the tank. At least Finger's contract is expiring this season, and small enough that it can be buried in the AHL. I don't even think I would send Komi to the Rangers for him either... sorry.

stanleyorbust 01-30-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaqup (Post 30545307)

I'm not going to bother looking for others, search Drury and you'll find a plethora of threads of Leafs fans asking for Drury + 1st, Drury + Kreider, etc.

there is a difference between wanting Drury on our team...or willing to take him as a salary dump for something we do want... 1st, Kreider, top prospect.. etc

FanHabtic 01-30-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaqup (Post 30545307)

Yes exactly. To take Drury off your hands they want a 1st or Kreider. Leaf fans don't actually "want" Drury. They just want to fleece you with a 1st round pick to take on that salary dump. Finger has no bearing on a trade. He is an AHL'er with no NHL cap-hit.

A better trade would be Finger for Redden + 2nd.

BPD 01-30-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanHabtic (Post 30545330)
Yes exactly. To take Drury off your hands they want a 1st or Kreider. Leaf fans don't actually "want" Drury. They just want to fleece you with a 1st round pick to take on that salary dump. Finger has no bearing on a trade. He is an AHL'er with no NHL cap-hit.

:help:

Pheasant the peasant 01-30-2011 09:56 AM

Bad deal for the Leafs. They don't care about paying Finger's salary, it's not like they can't afford it.

So this is pretty much Drury for nothing. And that is a bad deal with his cap-hit (again, actual dollars paid don't matter) and his terrible, declining production.

Leafs pass. And since you so kindly went out of your way to say not to include Komisarek, or Rangers prospects/youth/picks, then this thread can just be closed.

beastly115 01-30-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyorbust (Post 30545329)
there is a difference between wanting Drury on our team...or willing to take him as a salary dump for something we do want... 1st, Kreider, top prospect.. etc

Right, I understand that.

Now a counter proposal: Redden for Finger + Kadri.

See how dumb that sounds?

Megan Fox 01-30-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaqup (Post 30545348)

Yeah, so why did you post it?

Finger doesn't make 7 mil with a NMC on the Leafs like Drury does on the Rangers and Kadri is a much better prospect than Kreider.

FanHabtic 01-30-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megan Fox (Post 30545378)

Finger doesn't make 7 mil with a NMC on the Leafs like Drury does on the Rangers and Kadri is a much better prospect than Kreider.

Bang on!

BPD 01-30-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

So it's essentially a pointless swap that gets the Leafs a pick or prospect and leaves the Rangers high and dry?

Yeah, as I thought. Nothing to see here, move along.

Also, Kadri and Kreider aren't even comparable players. Totally different styles.

NYR Sting 01-30-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

LOL, and I'm not even that crazy about Kreider.

Megan Fox 01-30-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BPD (Post 30545411)
So it's essentially a pointless swap that gets the Leafs a pick or prospect and leaves the Rangers high and dry?

Also, Kadri and Kreider aren't even comparable players. Totally different styles.

Sure they are. Kadri is the better one.

stanleyorbust 01-30-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaqup (Post 30545348)

That is opposite of what was being suggested... Shouldn't it be Redden and Kreider for Finger? As Redden is the bigger albatross salary and the leafs are doing the Rangers a solid by taking it? (BTW I'm not suggesting this is a fair trade... so relax)

IF the Rangers couldn't afford to pay Redden/ Drury any more for their dismal play.. then they would have to pay another team to take them. If not, then keep him. We are keeping Finger and have no problem letting him play out his contract in the AHL. Unfortunately for you.. the AHL has a cap, and with Redden already there, you are stuck with Drury until end of next season :naughty:

BPD 01-30-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megan Fox (Post 30545426)

On what basis? You're comparing a fast power forward coming from the USHL/NCAA with a shifty playmaker coming through the OHL. Totally different metrics of measurement. Totally different paths to the NHL (neither of which have made it yet). Totally different development systems.

The only "fair" grounds of comparison would be situations when they played with similar talent against similar talent. That leaves exactly one scenario, and that's the WJC - and based on the WJC it's a hard sell that Kadri is actually the "superior" prospect. Granted, the WJC is a small sample size, but it is the single moment at which you can actually build a salient comparison.

BPD 01-30-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyorbust (Post 30545486)
That is opposite of what was being suggested... Shouldn't it be Redden and Kreider for Finger? As Redden is the bigger albatross salary and the leafs are doing the Rangers a solid by taking it? (BTW I'm not suggesting this is a fair trade... so relax)

IF the Rangers couldn't afford to pay Redden/ Drury any more for their dismal play.. then they would have to pay another team to take them. If not, then keep him. We are keeping Finger and have no problem letting him play out his contract in the AHL. Unfortunately for you.. the AHL has a cap, and with Redden already there, you are stuck with Drury until end of next season :naughty:

Boyout, retirement, LTIR, trade options that aren't retarded, letting the guy play out for 5m against a 7.05 cap, trading him to a team that needs to hit the floor, etc, etc.

Lets not pretend we're stuck here. We're as stuck as Toronto is likely to make the playoffs.

IcedCapp 01-30-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

If you don't see the difference between the Finger and Drury contracts, you need to switch to a different pair of glasses. I'm not saying the Rangers should/would/want this kind of deal, but you'd be freeing up 7MM in cap space for someone else. (Say, Brad Richards)

Megan Fox 01-30-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BPD (Post 30545549)
On what basis? You're comparing a fast power forward coming from the USHL/NCAA with a shifty playmaker coming through the OHL. Totally different metrics of measurement. Totally different paths to the NHL (neither of which have made it yet). Totally different development systems.

The only "fair" grounds of comparison would be situations when they played with similar talent against similar talent. That leaves exactly one scenario, and that's the WJC - and based on the WJC it's a hard sell that Kadri is actually the "superior" prospect. Granted, the WJC is a small sample size, but it is the single moment at which you can actually build a salient comparison.

Kadri is putting up better numbers in a better league than Kreider. Your turn.

beastly115 01-30-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyorbust (Post 30545486)

Like we did with Gomez? :laugh:

How short minded people are.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 01-30-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 30545178)

Drury for Finger.

ok explain to why we would want to take on an extra 3.5 million in cap hit what benifit does have to Toronto? yes I know in real dollard drury doesn't make 7 million but that means NOTHING because this is the Leafs we are talking about they make the most money in the NHL so real cash saving aren't that big a deal.

If we want him we can get him in the summer of 2012 I'm pretty sure he's a UFA.

FanHabtic 01-30-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BPD (Post 30545576)
[/b]

Boyout, retirement, LTIR, trade options that aren't retarded, letting the guy play out for 5m against a 7.05 cap, trading him to a team that needs to hit the floor, etc, etc.

Lets not pretend we're stuck here. We're as stuck as Toronto is likely to make the playoffs.

1. No team in the league has traded for an overpaid player to meet the cap floor. (its fictitious).

2. LTIR still doesn't remove his cap-hit - especially when it counts to the cap in the offseason when you are trying to sign high dollar UFA's.

3. Buyout is not exactly a good option.

4. Drury won't retire and squander 5+ million dollars.

Really the only option on the table is Drury playing out his contract.

The Brewmeister 01-30-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanHabtic (Post 30545330)

There's no point in dealing either Redden or Finger, TML doesnt want Redden, and Finger isnt on the books for our cap hit. It's a useless trade. How bout you quit the cheap shots, and think about a proper trade yourself.

Quote:

Then quit pushing the idea if there is clearly "nothing to see", you're wasting our time and just pushing your post #'s up.

Congrats

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megan Fox (Post 30545426)

Please shut up, Kreider is a more desired prospect, while Kadri's numbers are good, Kreider brings a lot more to the table. And YES, I am a leafs fan.

As a Leafs fan, I would much rather have a player like Derek Stepan from NYR, but they like him, and it won't happen, unless NYR was looking for some offensive capability that could happen now, I would rather move someone like Versteeg for Stepan, but Leafs fans love Versteeg, and vice versa for Rags fans