HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Grachev, Newbury, Del Zotto recalled by NYR (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=871010)

UDnyr92 01-30-2011 07:32 PM

Grachev, Newbury, Del Zotto recalled by NYR

@CTWhale
Quote:

#CTWhale Forwards Evgeny Grachev and Kris Newbury, and defenseman Michael Del Zotto, recalled by @thenyrangers tonight.
Idk what this means, but glad to see Grachev is being given another chance.

Killem Dafoe 01-30-2011 07:33 PM

eh nvmd my last post. feds and chris are still out, maybe Callys comin back. i friggin hope he comes back. then Dubs like next week. p-p-p-pweese

Fitzy 01-30-2011 07:34 PM

It means that Kolarik is staying down, which I guess was to be expected because of Cally's return.

NYRFAN218 01-30-2011 07:36 PM

With MDZ back, does this mean Gilroy's a scratch? Girardi will be back I assume, Staal, Sauer, and Eminger are locks to be in the lineup which leaves Gilroy and McDonagh and I think McDonagh's played pretty solid.

mwshapi 01-30-2011 07:40 PM

I think Del Zotto is coming back to give Staal a day off in practice tomorrow after all-star weekend and insurance in case Girardi can't go. I don't expect to see him in the lineup.

JeffMangum 01-30-2011 07:41 PM

Avery-Boyle-Gaborik
Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello
Grachev-Anisimov-Callahan
Drury-Newbury-Prust

Staal-Girardi
Eminger-Sauer
Del Zotto-McDonagh
Gilroy

I think I'm forgetting a forward...considering I haven't seen a Ranger game in over a week, my mind's a blank.

But, I do like the lineup like that, if it happens to be like that. Grachev-Anisimov-Prust could do some damage down low, and Avery-Boyle-Gaborik was awesome against Florida imo.

JasonDoig* 01-30-2011 07:42 PM

Umm...what?

Newbury makes sense. He fills the 4th line role perfectly and can afford to be a healthy scratch.

Grachev... okay? I thought he played well enough but don't they want him to continue his streak in Hartford?

MDZ... I'm assuming that Girardi is still day-to-day and they want to have him just in case he can't go. Otherwise, I don't know what the hell is going on considering Tortorella specifically said he wants MDZ to spend more time in the AHL.

rholt168 01-30-2011 07:42 PM

Drury....

Fitzy 01-30-2011 07:43 PM

You're forgetting Drury...

I dont blame you for that, but thats who you're missing.

n8 01-30-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 30555944)
Avery-Boyle-Gaborik
Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello
Grachev-Anisimov-Callahan
???-Newbury-Prust

Staal-Girardi
Eminger-Sauer
Del Zotto-McDonagh
Gilroy

I think I'm forgetting a forward...
considering I haven't seen a Ranger game in over a week, my mind's a blank.

But, I do like the lineup like that, if it happens to be like that. Grachev-Anisimov-Prust could do some damage down low, and Avery-Boyle-Gaborik was awesome against Florida imo.

:laugh: Drury

Bird Law 01-30-2011 07:44 PM

I would rather them just scratch Drury and roll with 7 D-men.

MorrisWanchuk 01-30-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 30555866)
With MDZ back, does this mean Gilroy's a scratch? Girardi will be back I assume, Staal, Sauer, and Eminger are locks to be in the lineup which leaves Gilroy and McDonagh and I think McDonagh's played pretty solid.

Gilroy has played better than McD imo. if del zotto plays he's more likely to play LD and take McDonagh's spot.

JeffMangum 01-30-2011 07:45 PM

Bwahahahahaha, awesome.

I'm not even kidding, I could not for the life of me remember Drury.

n8 01-30-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonDoig (Post 30555963)
Umm...what?

Newbury makes sense. He fills the 4th line role perfectly and can afford to be a healthy scratch.

Grachev... okay? I thought he played well enough but don't they want him to continue his streak in Hartford?

MDZ... I'm assuming that Girardi is still day-to-day and they want to have him just in case he can't go. Otherwise, I don't know what the hell is going on considering Tortorella specifically said he wants MDZ to spend more time in the AHL.

I'm sure they would like him to continue his streak in New York. That would surely be great if he could.

MorrisWanchuk 01-30-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 30555944)
Avery-Boyle-Gaborik

Staal-Girardi
Eminger-Sauer
Del Zotto-McDonagh
Gilroy

Gilroy will play above MDZ. MDZ is still way too much of a turnover machine. i think it's likely that mike's just up for cover

JasonDoig* 01-30-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 (Post 30556011)
I'm sure they would like him to continue his streak in New York. That would surely be great if he could.

Well, define "streak."

I meant that he was consistently putting up points with the Whalepack. Like I said, he was playing well enough on a checking line, but I don't remember him getting very many scoring opportunities. I can't see the Rangers wanting to put a raw 20 year old consistently on their checking line.

JeffMangum 01-30-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk (Post 30556039)
Gilroy will play above MDZ. MDZ is still way too much of a turnover machine. i think it's likely that mike's just up for cover

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. Just brainstorming.

KotsyJr 01-30-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan. (Post 30555999)
I would rather them just scratch Drury and roll with 7 D-men.

This.

-----

In regards to the call-ups, I'm happy Grachev and DZ are back.

Greg NYR 01-30-2011 07:54 PM

wasnt prospal activated as well?

JeffMangum 01-30-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg NYR (Post 30556162)
wasnt prospal activated as well?

Yes, he was. Does anyone if Prospal is close?

JasonDoig* 01-30-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 30556187)
Yes, he was. Does anyone if Prospal is close?

Didn't Zipay basically say that it was just to stay in line with roster limits?

Jaromir Jagr 01-30-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonDoig (Post 30556309)
Didn't Zipay basically say that it was just to stay in line with roster limits?

I believe that was Gross, and he only mentioned that the Rangers had to meet those requirements when they send those players down to play for CT whale during the break, not that it wasn't or was guaranteed that Prospal was ready or not.

He might be ready, but we won't know for sure until there are practice updates which will occur tomorrow.

Rangerfans 01-30-2011 08:34 PM

I don't know why everyone is putting Grachev on our lines. As hopeful as I am for the kid, he has done absolutely nothing in his NHL trips.

JeffMangum 01-30-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerfans (Post 30556899)
I don't know why everyone is putting Grachev on our lines. As hopeful as I am for the kid, he has done absolutely nothing in his NHL trips.

He's been getting 5 minutes of ice time on the 4th line. He's not going to do much in those situations.

Maybe if you give him a chance with some offensive minded players, he might look better. He looked good against the Caps on Monday, getting involved in the board play, using his body to protect the puck in the corners. That is his best trait, and playing with players who do the exact same thing, but not much else, isn't going to help his output. Put him with a guy like Anisimov, who could set him up in the offensive zone.

JasonDoig* 01-30-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerfans (Post 30556899)

For two reasons:

1)He wasn't called up to sit in the pressbox

2) You're wrong

He hasn't lit the world on fire but he's done his job. Especially against the Capitals, he was an absolute force on the forecheck and holding the puck along the boards. The Capitals were completely helpless in knocking him off the puck. That will translate to points eventually.