HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Boston-Carolina (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=871255)

SLAPSHOT723 01-31-2011 02:57 PM

Boston-Carolina

:canes
Mark Stuart
Blake Wheeler
Zach Hamill

:bruins
Joni Pitkanen
Chad LaRose

Tim Vezina Thomas 01-31-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 30567929)
Mark Stuart
Blake Wheeler
Zach Hamill

Joni Pitkanen
Chad LaRose

Can't see the Hurricans wanting Hamill, theyd prob want a 2nd or 3rd rounder instead.

Mark Stuart
Blake Wheeler
2nd Rounder

for

Pitkanen
Larose

Makes sense from a Bruins perspective. Dump Paille for a pick and throw Caron and Larose into the lineup

Lucic Krejci Horton
Caron Bergy Recchi
Marchand Seguin Ryder
Larose Campbell Thornton

Chara Kampfer
Seids Pitkanen
Ference Boychuk

TT
Rask

NOT bad at all.

UConn126 01-31-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Mark Stuart
Blake Wheeler
Zach Hamill

Joni Pitkanen
Chad LaRose

I like it.

Bruins would have to follow this move up with a move to bring in a winger, but I think this move makes us a better team.

tarheelhockey 01-31-2011 03:19 PM

For the sake of giving you extra feedback, here's an old thread with a nearly identical proposal:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=867191

LaRose would be tough to lift out of Carolina. Not for his value as a player, but because he's very deeply rooted in the organization. A "teacher's pet" if you will, not a guy they'd look to move. I think taking him out of the equation, along with Hamill/2nd on the other side, makes for a more realistic deal.

svat 01-31-2011 03:21 PM

i like it because i like the bruins. i don't see why the hurricanes would like this it all though. pitkanen is their number one d-man and they are in the playoff race, it would be pretty dumb to trade pitkanen for that package. i really hope the bruins can sign him in the off-season if he makes it to UFA (doubt he does though).

SLAPSHOT723 01-31-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheelhockey (Post 30568341)
For the sake of giving you extra feedback, here's an old thread with a nearly identical proposal:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=867191

LaRose would be tough to lift out of Carolina. Not for his value as a player, but because he's very deeply rooted in the organization. A "teacher's pet" if you will, not a guy they'd look to move. I think taking him out of the equation, along with Hamill/2nd on the other side, makes for a more realistic deal.

I even commented on that thread :facepalm:

Sorry tarheelhockey.

joestevens29 01-31-2011 03:36 PM

Can't see a team like the Canes making this move. Not unless they fall back quite a bit in the next few weeks.

Confound 01-31-2011 03:37 PM

Seems like there is fair value, Bruins get a quality puck mover that they desperately need.

Anton Skinner 01-31-2011 03:43 PM

Dont know about LaRose moving, pretty much an impossibility, which means someone would really have to overpay for him to get him from JR, since he is so deeply rooted in the organization, and since no team really values him where JR, Mo, and PK do, there is no way he'll go in a trade. If he does, all of us will be VERY shocked.

That being said, if it was more like Pitkanen + Dwyer + 5th for Stuart + Wheeler + 3rd I think that would work out. Dwyer is essentially the same as Rosey when it comes to playing ability, plays the same game, and at times is even better at that game and Rosey is. Dwyer just lacks the personality and org. connections.

Simple thing about Joni is, CAR needs a defensive D, and Stuart, from what I have been told, is pretty decent as a stay at home defensive D. Esp for someone at his price as a rental. Joni is a good PMD, but not as good as some would like, and also a UFA. So that swap is basically perfect for both teams and their needs, esp since CAR has Corvo to take over the #1 + PMD duties (before you laugh at that, Corvo has actually been really damn good in the last 20-25 games or so. One of the best stretches he has had since he came over from Ottawa)

MaritimeHockeyNut 01-31-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 30568384)

Sorry tarheelhockey.

LOL ya we've been here before...:D

Fire Sweeney 01-31-2011 03:44 PM

Take out Larose and I do it.

Anton Skinner 01-31-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Seguin (Post 30568771)

So just Pitkanen for all od Stuart, Wheeler, and a 2nd? I am a Canes fan, and I would do that for sure, but that is way overpayment for Joni

Confound 01-31-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Seguin (Post 30568771)

Would Stuart and a second get it done for just Joni?

KrugLife 01-31-2011 03:49 PM

I'd love that deal. Even throw in a conditional pick to get it done

:thumbu:

Fire Sweeney 01-31-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Skinner (Post 30568828)
So just Pitkanen for all od Stuart, Wheeler, and a 2nd? I am a Canes fan, and I would do that for sure, but that is way overpayment for Joni

Possibly, but Stuart and Wheeler probably arent part of Chia and Neely's plans for the future, so they might as well trade them for a good player instead of trading them for low picks and career AHLers.

tarheelhockey 01-31-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 30568384)

Sorry tarheelhockey.

No biggie. I think both sides are circulating around this general idea lately, but with Carolina surging into the playoff race we might not be sellers at this point. Really it comes down to whether Pitkanen shows any sign of returning.

Confound 01-31-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BewareoftheBear (Post 30568862)
Would Stuart and a second get it done for just Joni?

My bad, I meant this quote for Anton.

Anton Skinner 01-31-2011 03:57 PM

Stuart and a 2nd for Pitkanen would probaby work. the thing with the offensive players involved is that we have so many down in the A who could come up and play, or have been waiting and developing to for next year, that the only thing we really NEED at this point is a real top line winger. wheeler really doesnt fit that. so as nice as it would be to have him, he kinda blocks a spot for another younger player. now, I am not saying I would be disappointed if he came here in the deal or another one like it. just making the comment that we really done NEED him.

but stuart + for joni, sure

Confound 01-31-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Skinner (Post 30569028)
Stuart and a 2nd for Pitkanen would probaby work. the thing with the offensive players involved is that we have so many down in the A who could come up and play, or have been waiting and developing to for next year, that the only thing we really NEED at this point is a real top line winger. wheeler really doesnt fit that. so as nice as it would be to have him, he kinda blocks a spot for another younger player. now, I am not saying I would be disappointed if he came here in the deal or another one like it. just making the comment that we really done NEED him.

but stuart + for joni, sure

Done.

Blueline Bomber 01-31-2011 04:39 PM

Said it in the other thread, and I'll say it in this one. Zero interest in Stuart. He's been a decent player for the Bruins, but so was Aaron Ward, and that didn't work out very well for Carolina.

Plus, he's been injured a lot lately and even scratched a couple games. Doesn't exactly scream "Centerpiece for a trade".

tarheelhockey 02-01-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Bomb (Post 30569721)
Said it in the other thread, and I'll say it in this one. Zero interest in Stuart. He's been a decent player for the Bruins, but so was Aaron Ward, and that didn't work out very well for Carolina.

Stuart's only 26, which is about 3 years younger than Ward when he came to Carolina the first time. A better comparison would be Gleason a couple years ago.

bostonbs 02-01-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Mark Stuart
Blake Wheeler
Zach Hamill

Joni Pitkanen
Chad LaRose

canes dont take this...

PlayMakers 02-01-2011 08:48 AM

I don't see the Canes moving LaRose.

And if the Bruins move Blake Wheeler, they would have to have another deal lined up for a top6 forward to replace him.