HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Zach Parise to Boston (deadline deal) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=871292)

KrugLife 01-31-2011 05:21 PM

Zach Parise to Boston (deadline deal)

To Boston:

Zach Parise

To New Jersey:

Tor 1st '11
Bos 1st '11
Blake Wheeler
Zach Hamil

This is assuming Savard gets put on LTIR, of course. If that's the case then both teams could easily fit this under the cap. The Bruins would also be able to make a followup deal and move Stuart and get a very decent PMD with the cap space that would be left. With Ryder, Recchi + coming of the books next year it would be possible to re-sign Parise.

Parise as far as I know is slated for a mid-march return, and this would be amazing for the playoff run in Boston.

If Parise was to recieve an offer sheet, it would result in 4 first rounders (which is what this is essentially). Toronto's pick I'm predicting is going to be #5, which means the Devils would possibly have 2 top 5 picks this coming draft. This sets NJ up pretty nicely for the future with some high end prospects on ELC's.

bostonbs 01-31-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seguination (Post 30570398)
To Boston:

Zach Parise

To New Jersey:

Tor 1st '11
Bos 1st '11
Blake Wheeler
Zach Hamil

This is assuming Savard gets put on LTIR, of course. If that's the case then both teams could easily fit this under the cap. The Bruins would also be able to make a followup deal and move Stuart and get a very decent PMD with the cap space that would be left. With Ryder, Recchi + coming of the books next year it would be possible to re-sign Parise.

Parise as far as I know is slated for a mid-march return, and this would be amazing for the playoff run in Boston.

If Parise was to recieve an offer sheet, it would result in 4 first rounders (which is what this is essentially). Toronto's pick I'm predicting is going to be #5, which means the Devils would possibly have 2 top 5 picks this coming draft. This sets NJ up pretty nicely for the future with some high end prospects on ELC's.

boston doesnt give up toronto 1st-

Boston gets:
Zach Parisie

NJ gets:
Wheeler (2.2)
Stuart (1.6)
Colborne
Bos 1st 2011
Bos 1st 2012
Bos 2nd 2011

EliasR8 01-31-2011 05:26 PM

Deadline is Feb 28, Zach won't be back till March, you can't trade players on LTIR.

KrugLife 01-31-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostonbs (Post 30570450)
Boston gets:
Zach Parisie

NJ gets:
Wheeler (2.2)
Stuart (1.6)
Colborne
Bos 1st 2011
Bos 1st 2012
Bos 2nd 2011

You have to give to get. For Parise you give up the 1st.

almostawake 01-31-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDIR8 (Post 30570462)
Deadline is Feb 28, Zach won't be back till March, you can't trade players on LTIR.

Yes, you can.

HeadLikeAnOrange* 01-31-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDIR8 (Post 30570462)

Of course you can, having the player pass a physical is an optional request by the receiving team.

EliasR8 01-31-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadLikeAnOrange (Post 30570664)
Of course you can, having the player pass a physical is an optional request by the receiving team.

Didn't know that, thanks for correcting.

TML g u n n e R s* 01-31-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Boston gets:
Zach Parisie

NJ gets:
Wheeler (2.2)
Stuart (1.6)
Colborne
Bos 1st 2011
Bos 1st 2012
Bos 2nd 2011

NJD would not do that, only way nJD move parise is for them to get a top 3 forward or a puckmoving d man back and none of these things are in your proposal

Ten Thousand Hours 01-31-2011 05:50 PM

Savard wouldn't even have to go on IR for it to work. And I'd only do the deal if we had enough confidence we could sign him to a long term extension (which is somewhat dependent on the future of Savard).

apice3* 01-31-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Boston gets:
Zach Parisie

NJ gets:
Wheeler (2.2)
Stuart (1.6)
Colborne
Bos 1st 2011
Bos 1st 2012
Bos 2nd 2011

Lol at not wanting to give up TOR 1st to get one of the best players in the league.

If you want Parise in Boston, you start with two of the following three: Rask, Seguin, TOR 1st. Then we go from there. If you don't like that, then you don't get Parise. I'm not sure why we need a weekly Parise to Boston proposal in which the 3 most valuable assets Boston has aren't involved.

Ten Thousand Hours 01-31-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apice3 (Post 30570896)
Lol at not wanting to give up TOR 1st to get one of the best players in the league.

If you want Parise in Boston, you start with two of the following three: Rask, Seguin, TOR 1st. Then we go from there. If you don't like that, then you don't get Parise. I'm not sure why we need a weekly Parise to Boston proposal in which the 3 most valuable assets Boston has aren't involved.

If you want to swap Rask for Toronto's 1st in the original deal, even better. But Rask does not have the same value as a top 5 draft pick.

PADevil3034 01-31-2011 05:54 PM

Why would the Devils do this?

Honestly, the only way Parise is out of NJ is if he comes out and says to Lou "I want out of NJ." There is no other scenario in which he leaves. I swear the only reason why there isn't a captain named yet on the Devs (since Langer has left) is because Lou will dangle that as bait to get Parise to re-sign long-term and for cheap. Cheap meaning $4 to $5.5M

If Parise is to be traded to Boston, I'd want one of Chara or Bergeron coming back.

Toydarian 01-31-2011 05:55 PM

If it became clear that the NJD and Parise would NOT come to an agreement regarding a contract extension then this is obviously a good return for an RFA on the last year of his contract (although I think BOS would have to include Colborne).

However, if both parties (NJD and Parise) agree on an extension, NJ shouldn't do this trade.

...I guess I'm just stating the obvious.

JeffMangum 01-31-2011 05:56 PM

Realistically:

Bergeron/Krejci
Steven Kampfer/Other PMD Prospect
Tor 1st

for

Parise

In all actuality, Parise will be a New Jersey Devil to start the 2011-2012 NHL season, so none of this matters.

Ten Thousand Hours 01-31-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdevils3034 (Post 30570928)

Honestly, the only way Parise is out of NJ is if he comes out and says to Lou "I want out of NJ." There is no other scenario in which he leaves. I swear the only reason why there isn't a captain named yet on the Devs (since Langer has left) is because Lou will dangle that as bait to get Parise to re-sign long-term and for cheap. Cheap meaning $4 to $5.5M

If Parise is to be traded to Boston, I'd want one of Chara or Bergeron coming back.

What if (and I obviously don't know if this is true or not) his agent tells Lou that he will only be looking for a one year deal this summer?

noBSleafsFAN 01-31-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seguination (Post 30570474)
You have to give to get. For Parise you give up the 1st.

agreed.

JimEIV 01-31-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Cheap is absolutely NEVER going to happen.

I'l bet you anything you want he gets closer 7 than 6 for his next long term contact.

MildlyAwesome 01-31-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Parise would be insane if he went for anything less than 6 million per year. Guarantee he'd have 29 other teams offering more than 5.5. Unless it's 5.5 for 20 years.

KrugLife 01-31-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

You're out of you're tree if you think Parise signs for $4 million

apice3* 01-31-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seguin2Couturier (Post 30570918)
If you want to swap Rask for Toronto's 1st in the original deal, even better. But Rask does not have the same value as a top 5 draft pick.

That still leaves us with only one of Boston's three most valuable assets. If you want Parise, we want two. Think Rask + TOR 1st or Seguin + Rask or Seguin + TOR 1st.

Again, if you don't want to give up the assets, you don't get Parise. It's really not that bad considering every main piece you would be offer would have come from Toronto anyway. Effectively if you traded Rask + Seguin for Parise, you really would have traded Kessel for Parise + 2011 TOR lotto pick. You're still getting away with highway robbery.

dafoomie 01-31-2011 06:13 PM

I wouldn't give the house for Parise because he plans to hit the market as an unrestricted free agent after next season. Toronto's 1st represents 7 seasons of control over what should be an impact player, for that I'd want someone in return who is at least a few years away from unrestricted free agency.

goguls 01-31-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

ya no.
he's not signing for that cheap unless its for the rest of his career... even then i dont see him making <5.5M/season...forget about 4M lol.

KrugLife 01-31-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apice3 (Post 30571110)
That still leaves us with only one of Boston's three most valuable assets. If you want Parise, we want two. Think Rask + TOR 1st or Seguin + Rask or Seguin + TOR 1st.

Again, if you don't want to give up the assets, you don't get Parise. It's really not that bad considering every main piece you would be offer would have come from Toronto anyway. Effectively if you traded Rask + Seguin for Parise, you really would have traded Kessel for Parise + 2011 TOR lotto pick. You're still getting away with highway robbery.

Yeah but you don't trade more than you should just because you won some past trades, hindsight's 20/20.

That's like if the Capitals traded Jagr back in let's say 2002 for Jeff Friesen. They wouldn't turn around and call it a win because it ended up being Friesen for Kris Beech, Michal Sivek, and Ross Lupaschuk

Lord Ahriman 01-31-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apice3 (Post 30570896)

It would be Toronto 1st + Krejci + Colborne, tops, and you know that asking for 2 of Rask/Seguin/Toronto 1st is pretty much ridiculous.

Lord Ahriman 01-31-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apice3 (Post 30571110)

You mean "you want", not Lou.