HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Thank You Tom Golisano and Larry Quinn (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=871688)

vcv 02-01-2011 06:35 PM

Thank You Tom Golisano and Larry Quinn

Express your appreciation for what the now (or soon to be) departed ownership group has done for this franchise.

Pengo 02-01-2011 06:37 PM

The Buffalo Sabres had very good seasons in 05-06 and 06-07.

Macksayev 02-01-2011 06:38 PM

Thank you BTG for buying and saving the Sabres.

Chainshot 02-01-2011 06:39 PM

Thanks to stepping in at the team's darkest hour and saving the team. Whatever else has happened, that is the single most important part of their tenure as owners and for that they will always have my thanks.

Rhett4 02-01-2011 06:42 PM

BTG saved the team during its darkest hour, a time when relocation may have been a distrinct possibility. For that, I think we can all be forever grateful. And he passed the team into (hopefully) good hands. As for the other guy...eh. I'm not ready yet.

vcv 02-01-2011 06:48 PM

I will always appreciate Larry for his good intentions of making the team stay here, be viable and be competitive. For all his faults, he did at least give a damn and was, by all accounts, a huge factor in the team staying here. On the business side, he wasn't so bad. Kept ticket prices very low and introduced tiered pricing that made games afforable to all while keeping the team's payroll at mid-range in the league.

I appreciate Tom for stepping in as the money-man when things looked grim and making sure, reportedly, that the team will stay in Buffalo.

I plan to vent my frustrations in the other thread, but in the long run, I will harbor mostly positive feelings towards Tom and Larry for what they meant to the team during it's 2 most critical junctures in the last decade.
(1) Obviously, buying the team
(2) The 2-year run that saw the team come oh so close.

Thanks guys, sincerely.

Clock 02-01-2011 06:54 PM

Quinn, you convinced BTG that the Sabres were a good buy and kept them in Buffalo. Props.

Golisano, thanks for an investment which benefited all of us. I'm happy that your faith in keeping the team here paid off for you and that you insisted that the next owner also keep the team here. Props.

Rebuild 02-01-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macksayev (Post 30590347)

This can't be said enough.

BUCKSHOT 02-01-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

this.

:thumbu:

BackGroundMusic 02-01-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot (Post 30590401)
Thanks to stepping in at the team's darkest hour and saving the team. Whatever else has happened, that is the single most important part of their tenure as owners and for that they will always have my thanks.

Yep. As for everything else....

Zip15 02-01-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Agreed. It's unfortunate that many will lack this big-picture perspective over the next month. They saved the organization in Buffalo. Some will say that we don't know that for sure, but I'm sure as hell glad we never had to find out.

gaf 02-01-2011 08:23 PM

When Hammister and his financial backer Berman's flaws started to show- I really thought the team was gone from WNY. BTG made a savy investment and kept his promise to stabilize and keep the franchise here in Buffalo. Its just too bad that Rasputin worked his magic and meddled with something that 'could have been special.' Everything went south- including him, from there. Saving the franchise from relocation or contraction was a seminal moment for sure.

CaptPantalones 02-01-2011 08:33 PM

If it wasnt for BTG and Quinn, this team could be in Quebec City or Las Vegas right now. I thank them for keeping my team here and keeping tickets reasonable for the average fan to go to most games

Crazy Tasty 02-01-2011 08:58 PM

I can clearly remember when the **** was hitting the fan with Adelphia and they delayed their financial results and tried covering their tracks.

Where the organization went from that point was all BTG and LQ's doing, righting the ship and building a great foundation for the the team to financially build from again.

For that reason, kudos to them. As everyone has stated too bad they effed up the 'easy' work by getting too involved in the hockey side.

Enjoy the spoils.

Taro Tsujimoto 02-01-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

:yo:

Selanne00008 02-01-2011 09:06 PM

Thanks for buying the team, and thanks for selling the team. That's it.

/Thread:laugh:

Better Call Saul 02-01-2011 09:44 PM

The Buffalo Sabres would not presently exist if not for these two men. Despite their mistakes managing the team, we as fans will forever be indebted to them. I thank Golisano and Quinn for not only rescuing the Sabres and making sure they stay here, but selling them to what sounds like a dream owner in Pegula who is committed to giving Buffalo a winner.

BuiltTagonTough 02-01-2011 10:34 PM

Despite all the ****, we've had some good times. Thank you for saving the team, and thank you for all the good memories.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

jBuds 02-01-2011 10:35 PM

Thanks for saving the team, BTG.

static80 02-01-2011 10:37 PM

I will never speak badly of Mr. Galisano.
For all of the short comings the on ice product and office knuckle heads had with this organization while Mr. Galisano owned them, the core fact to remember is that this man came in and kept the Sabres in Buffalo.

Sure he fleeced the NY State taxpayers, the local taxpayers and the fans out of millions and millions of dollars, but hey, the team is still in Buffalo.

So here's to you, Mr. filthy rich local businessman turned hero by saving the local professional hockey franchise.
Everytime a Buffalo Sabres fan drops one of those giant turds, the kind that is painful while it comes out, they'll be thinking of you.

Thanks again Mr. Galisano, now go and enjoy your 120 million dollars in profit from this sale, you've earned it.

enrothorne 02-01-2011 11:21 PM

Decent ticket prices and a team still here. I'll take it.

ZZamboni 02-01-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Couldn't of said it better ...

Layne Staley 02-01-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcv (Post 30590220)
Express your appreciation for what the now (or soon to be) departed ownership group has done for this franchise.

It's quite sad actually.05-07 were the 2 best seasons in our franchise's history, it is just a travesty of what our team could presently be.BTG was a good owner who just listened to much to bad influences...he spent money, no one can argue that.Now, spending it wisely on the other hand...

skibum 02-01-2011 11:46 PM

Can't complain. The team enjoyed two incredible seasons under Golisano, and despite mediocre results the rest of the time, you could argue that the organization made an honest effort to be competitive. They always spent close to the cap and made moves that seemed OK at the time, but unfortunately they have had a lot of players fall well short of expectations. The whole Drury/Briere/Vanek/Campbell thing was a goat show, but I wasn't in the room for any of it so I can't say that I know what really happened.

Anyway, it's nice that B.T.G. is handing the reins over to someone with a passion for hockey that goes beyond the business end of things. I think Pegula can really bring big things to Buffalo. Should be an exciting time for the Sabres!

ZZamboni 02-01-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieBisco (Post 30602802)
It's quite sad actually.05-07 were the 2 best seasons in our franchise's history..

What ? I must be crazy but I think the 74-75 and 98-99 Stanley cup runs were way better than 05-07. Fun to watch seasons? Yes, 05-07, but the best in franchise history? Not quite.