HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   PGT: Kings @ Wild - 2/1/11 - Postgame THOUGHTZZZzzzzzzzz (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=871756)

Orenji 02-01-2011 09:49 PM

Kings @ Wild - 2/1/11 - Postgame THOUGHTZZZzzzzzzzz
 
Not one goal all night. The offense was so dull. The whole game sucked. I give them some credit for getting the loser point, but they were much better than the Wild, again, but lost because they couldn't convert anything.

We need to make some moves to get some offense.

Brown was awful. Really, really, really, really bad.

Bernier played well. So did Loktioniov and our defense. Zeus was good defensively. Our offense was non existent even if we had most of the possession all game.

two out of three* 02-01-2011 09:52 PM

I love how Bernier can pitch a shutout and its still sort of his fault on HF. The Kings DID have 3 chances to score in that shootout.. And squandered every single one. Its even a tall order for Quick to make ALL three saves.

Brown is garbage in shootouts.

ShattStar03 02-01-2011 09:52 PM

Yeah that was a petty crappy effort by the offense.

Sydor25 02-01-2011 09:52 PM

Why was Murray ****ing with the lines again all game? Jesus Christ, let the team develop some chemistry.

That is all.

At least the Kings got their second loser point. Both to the Wild.

Kurrilino 02-01-2011 09:53 PM

Well... so much for defense isn't appreciated......

I didn't have an idea Murray would be able to downgrade his own system.

This game we had 5 guys staying around at the boards and throw the puck into goal direction.........

Can anyone tell Mr. Murray that puck possesion or shoting stats count on the paper but doesn't lead to goals if done from the boards :rant:

Hell...... Ovechkin or Nash wouldn't even be noticed on a team with that system

Puck U 02-01-2011 09:53 PM

Yawn .... is it over ? ... what happened ? did we win ? what ? a shoot out ? oh and no Quick so I assume we lost ? yep we did OK got it ... carry on.


END of GAME

KINGS LOSE in ShootOut, get 1 point
(51 gp = 27-22-2 = 56 pts)
5th Pacific / 11th West / 19th NHL


http://www.jerseydatabase.com/jersey...ts/0/1/103.png KINGS = 0 : 1 = WILD http://www.jerseydatabase.com/jersey...ts/0/1/104.png

SO MIN - http://www.jerseydatabase.com/jersey.../9/9/9939t.png

SOG : KINGS = 27 : 25 = WILD
PIM : KINGS = 4 : 4 = WILD
HITS : KINGS = 9 : 15 = WILD
Giveaways : KINGS = 7 : 6 = WILD
Takeaways : KINGS = 1 : 5 = WILD
Face-Offs Won : KINGS = 37 : 20 = WILD

WINNING GOALTENDER Losing Goaltender
http://www.jerseydatabase.com/jersey...s/9/9/9945.png http://www.jerseydatabase.com/jersey...10/4/10421.png

THREE STAR Selections
1st : = http://www.jerseydatabase.com/jersey...s/9/9/9945.png Saves: 27, Save Pct.: 1.000
2nd : = http://www.jerseydatabase.com/jersey...s/9/9/9939.png Goals: 0, Assists: 0, SO Goal
3rd : = http://www.jerseydatabase.com/jersey...10/4/10421.png Saves: 25, Save Pct.: 1.000

http://kings.nhl.com/v2/ext/headers/hdrRecap2.jpghttp://kings.nhl.com/v2/ext/headers/...aders_logo.jpg
RECAP = http://kings.nhl.com/club/recap.htm?id=2010020761
BOXSCORE = http://kings.nhl.com/club/boxscore.htm?id=2010020761
GAME VIDEO = http://kings.nhl.com/club/gamevideo.htm?id=2010020761
PHOTOGALLERY = http://kings.nhl.com/club/gallerylanding.htm

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/6e/fullj...096525af76.jpg

- Next HOME Game -
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...e2-24-2011.jpg

Sydor25 02-01-2011 09:54 PM

Does Bernier get a shutout?


It is sad when Bob calls the game boring during the broadcast.

Orenji 02-01-2011 09:54 PM

A point helps. We need to keep picking up points. Tomorrow isn't a must win, but it's a win that the Kings should get. They need to come out firing. The Oilers are just playing to get a high draft pick and please their fans; the Kings need the 2 points.

Wild are a really boring team. They know how to block shots and cherry pick. They really didn't impress me; but I'm sure we didn't impress them either with our terrible offense.

Kopitar really needs to step up.

KapG 02-01-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 30600168)
Does Bernier get a shutout?

yup, he does.

ibleedkings 02-01-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 30600168)
Does Bernier get a shutout?


It is sad when Bob calls the game boring during the broadcast.


Yes.

two out of three* 02-01-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapG (Post 30600228)
yup, he does.

He sucks though.

ibleedkings 02-01-2011 09:57 PM

At least when Crawford was here, this team was entertaining to watch.

Murray is plain pathetic.

Cruel11 02-01-2011 09:58 PM

Jack was adorable waving to that kid.

KapG 02-01-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by two out of three (Post 30600258)
He sucks though.

Big fan of Bernier here so you won't here me saying such things ;).

two out of three* 02-01-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapG (Post 30600353)
Big fan of Bernier here so you won't here me saying such things ;).

No, me too. Thats just the general consensus around here.

Orenji 02-01-2011 10:00 PM

Doughty and Loktionov tried to create offense, but the Wild just congested their zone and blocked shots. Kopitar should have really attacked the net more. He was disappointing.

Good news: Sharks look like they will lose in regulation to the Coyotes (whatever, anything that isn't a 3 point game) and Dallas is going down to the Canucks.

We're tied with the Flames, but we have a game in hand.

Lombardi should be ringing up the phones right now to get a top line winger. This defense is way too good not to make the playoffs.

JT Dutch* 02-01-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibleedkings (Post 30600287)
At least when Crawford was here, this team was entertaining to watch.

Murray is plain pathetic.

... First off, success is entertaining.

The Kings arguably have the best defense in the entire NHL.

If you cannot appreciate more success and great defense, well - that's on you.

Cruel11 02-01-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 30600409)
Doughty and Loktionov tried to create offense, but the Wild just congested their zone and blocked shots. Kopitar should have really attacked the net more. He was disappointing.

Good news: Sharks look like they will lose in regulation to the Coyotes (whatever, anything that isn't a 3 point game) and Dallas is going down to the Canucks.

We're tied with the Flames, but we have a game in hand.

Lombardi should be ringing up the phones right now to get a top line winger. This defense is way too good not to make the playoffs.

It was sad watching Doughty, trying to create something while everyone else watched. They just stand still when he enters the offensive zone.

ibleedkings 02-01-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT Dutch (Post 30600414)
... First off, success is entertaining.

The Kings arguably have the best defense in the entire NHL.

If you cannot appreciate more success and great defense, well - that's on you.



I appreciate the good defense, but my god, the offensive system is just plain horrible.

Ziggy Stardust 02-01-2011 10:05 PM

So what injured player recovering from a major injury is out there for Lombardi to acquire to pass off as a scoring winger?

Vic Vinegar 02-01-2011 10:07 PM

The Kings and Wild looked like they were competing for most boring team in the NHL. Are the Wild always this boring, or is it only when they play the Kings?

RAZZIE King 02-01-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 30600575)
So what injured player recovering from a major injury is out there for Lombardi to acquire to pass off as a scoring winger?

Cherepanov???:dunno:

JT Dutch* 02-01-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibleedkings (Post 30600537)
I appreciate the good defense, but my god, the offensive system is just plain horrible.

... The Kings' offense is average to a little below average.

The average team scores 2.76 goals per game. The Kings score 2.71.

Sydor25 02-01-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruel11 (Post 30600521)
It was sad watching Doughty, trying to create something while everyone else watched. They just stand still when he enters the offensive zone.

That is because Doughty is playing against the system and the other players don't know what to do. Doughty is supposed to stand at the blue line and fire the puck into the defender.

Hope and luck offense. Gotta love Murray.

Reaper45 02-01-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAZZIE King (Post 30600683)
Cherepanov???:dunno:

I make it a point to never make jokes about the dead, but that's just me.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.