HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: EDM/LAK: 2 proposals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=872411)

The Perfect Human* 02-03-2011 04:07 PM

EDM/LAK: 2 proposals

To LAK:
Ales Hemsky
Dustin Penner

To EDM:
Brayden Schenn
Vyacheslav Voynov
Alexei Ponikarovsky (Salary dump)

or

To LAK
Dustin Penner
Sam Gagner
Ladislav Smid

To EDM
Brayden Schenn
Jarret Stoll
Voynov

zeus3007* 02-03-2011 04:10 PM

Not nearly enough coming back to Edmonton in the first one, we aren't trading our best two forwards for prospects and Ponikarovsky. And the second one is closer, but I still think its too much going to LA and not enough to Edmonton. Not to mention that Lombardi has essentially said that Schenn is unavailable.

Defgarden 02-03-2011 04:15 PM

1st proposal seems like a lot to give up for EDM, but on the other hand, I wouldn't be willing to trade Schenn as part of a deal unless it was for a crazy good player. Also, Poni is on a one year deal, and he's not likely to be re-signed, so a salary dump doesn't make a lot of sense really.

2nd deal, I don't know where Smid fits on the team, but I'd love to get Ganger.

Overall, value wise it's certainly all within reason, though yea, I'd have to agree with the above poster, I think EDM gives up too much in both overall.

Just rollin' dice here, Voynov + Hickey/Forbort + 3rd for Ganger? I'm bad at these things.

MeestaDeteta 02-03-2011 04:19 PM

I would do both deals.

Yog S'loth 02-03-2011 04:20 PM

An Oilers fan proposing this?

As a Kings fan, I'd be very tempted by option #1... which I would think would mean most Oilers fans wouldn't go for it.

I have little interest in Gagner or Smid, so I'd pass on #2.

zeus3007* 02-03-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hope4theFuture (Post 30637293)
I would do both deals.

Why? Its guaranteeing at least one additional year onto the rebuild, with only question marks coming back in return. If you want a young potential top line center so badly, we can draft Courtourier or The Nuge at the draft. Then we still have Hemmer and Penner, and our young future number one.

danaluvsthekings 02-03-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus3007 (Post 30637339)
Why? Its guaranteeing at least one additional year onto the rebuild, with only question marks coming back in return. If you want a young potential top line center so badly, we can draft Courtourier or The Nuge at the draft. Then we still have Hemmer and Penner, and our young future number one.

If you could get Schenn now, then you could take a defenseman like Larsson this year might be his way of thinking.

Rod Buskas* 02-03-2011 04:30 PM

zero interest in Penner.

funky 02-03-2011 04:43 PM

I am not sure what to think. I have a problem trading Schenn in a package unless it a Nash or Parise coming back.

I do like the thought of Hemsky and Penner in a package. A trade like that bumps either Brown or Williams out of the top 6 and that becomes a problem as our #3 RW is Simmonds. I can't see D.L pulling off a trade like this.

I think value is decent though

WJG 02-03-2011 04:44 PM

I think the first deal could work, but:

-I think Edmonton would want a better forward coming back than Ponikarovsky if they're dealing their top two forwards. Maybe someone like Moller or Stoll instead?
-I think they should ask for Hickey or Teubert instead of Voynov. Not sure who has the most value, but Hickey seems like a bit of a project (but with a higher ceiling than Voynov) and Teubert is Eberle's best friend.

SFKingshomer 02-03-2011 04:44 PM

No interest in either Oiler

Kaen 02-03-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defgarden (Post 30637204)
Just rollin' dice here, Voynov + Hickey/Forbort + 3rd for Gagner? I'm bad at these things.

Probably not, without Gagner, Horcoff and Cogliano become #1 and 2.

Kurrilino 02-03-2011 04:56 PM

No interest in Hemsky and just moderate interest in penner.

If we do a deal it is a round Penner and Schenn will not be included.

Something like

Stoll + 2nd for Penner

or if you need defender

Drewiske + Hickey for Penner

That's it.

BTW The Oilers has just 2 pieces to fetch Schenn. MPS or Hall.
Both will not be available so we better get over it

Kurrilino 02-03-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus3007 (Post 30637339)

This ^^^^^

You guys should just stay patient.
Win the lottery pick this year... draft a#1 Center and keep your players.
Do the rebuild right and don't trade for fast fixes.
In 4-5 year you will have a damn good team playing for the cup.

This comes from a Kings fan whos team is rebuilding since 20 years.

BringTheReign 02-03-2011 05:08 PM

Don't know if these are exact deals, but I do think the Oilers and Kings have some potential for a trade that helps both squads.

shogun99 02-03-2011 05:14 PM

If we were trading both Hemsky and Penner to the Kings i'd expect the return to be something like Simmonds, Schenn, Forbert and Bernier or just Doughty if Edmonton adds their 1st.

Flame away.

Rod Buskas* 02-03-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shogun99 (Post 30638146)
If we were trading both Hemsky and Penner to the Kings i'd expect the return to be something like Simmonds, Schenn, Forbert and Bernier or just Doughty if Edmonton adds their 1st.

Flame away.

lol.

hemsky and penner are not lombardi guys. he will not trade anything of signifance for 2 extremely soft players.

Mr Forever 02-03-2011 05:24 PM

You're basically giving up half of the team for two prospects.

No thanks

Reaper45 02-03-2011 05:34 PM

No interest in The Hamburglar or the man of glass.

Mr Forever 02-03-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 30638410)
No interest in The Hamburglar or the man of glass.

You guys have no problem scoring goals as it is :sarcasm:

willie 02-03-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrForever (Post 30638432)

For all their talent, LA still has a decent leg up on Edmonton in the GPG department. LA isn't setting the world on fire offensively but they are very much right in the middle of the league. Far from horrid.

And, yeah, DL won't be trading Schenn in a package for either of those 2. If that means they are off the table, fine. No biggie.

Leaf Predator 02-03-2011 05:49 PM

First one LA needs to upgrade Poni to someone like Simmonds. Then it'll look a little better but tough to call from either side.

Second one is just way too far off. Edmonton gets robbed.

Tarot Sport* 02-03-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrForever (Post 30638432)

And I'm sure importing the "offensive leaders" of the team with the least GF in the conference will sure help them in that department.

SFKingshomer 02-03-2011 09:31 PM

Penner is not worth a top prospect or pick. The guy has had 1 good season and makes way too much coin for the 1 dimensional game he plays. I'd be pissed if Lombardi gave up more than a 2nd rounder for him.

thadd 02-03-2011 10:16 PM

Ales Hemsky
Dustin Penner

For

Schenn + Hickey

Would be more to my liking, since I'm an Oilers fan... that's if the salary cap didn't exist.