HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Blackhawks - Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=873081)

QMJHLfollower 02-05-2011 09:19 AM

Blackhawks - Maple Leafs

:hawks
Fredrik Sjostrom

:leafs
One of:

Jake Skille/Viktor Stalberg/Philippe Paradis/Igor Makarov/Brian Connelly

New Liskeard 02-05-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever (Post 30674620)
Fredrik Sjostrom

One or two of:

Jake Skille/Viktor Stalberg/Philippe Paradis/Igor Makarov/Chris DiDomenico/Brian Connelly

Why on earth would the Leafs want Paradis or Dido? Have you seen their numbers this year? Chicago won't trade these players, and the Leafs should not have interest in the other two. If traded, the Leafs will get a mid to late round pick for Shoe.

Bubba88 02-05-2011 09:25 AM

gladly give you Stalberg back, but Sjostrom is not enough add a later pick

QMJHLfollower 02-05-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TML4LIFE (Post 30674666)
Why on earth would the Leafs want Paradis or Dido? Have you seen their numbers this year? Chicago won't trade these players, and the Leafs should not have interest in the other two. If traded, the Leafs will get a mid to late round pick for Shoe.

Have you seen Paradis play? He's very good in the QMJHL. Very good defensively, good ofensively, very good shot, very physical, wins one on one battle, etc. He's very complete. In the NHL he could be a good bottom 6 player.

QMJHLfollower 02-05-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 30674687)
gladly give you Stalberg back, but Sjostrom is not enough add a later pick

I don't think we need to add a pick. Sjostrom straight up for Stalberg is good for both team. Stalberg play on your fourth line, Sjostrom would be a better fit for you there.

James Duthie 02-05-2011 09:38 AM

Take out Igor Makorov, even I know that is not even gonna happen, the Name it's self is too good for that deal. :)

New Liskeard 02-05-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever (Post 30674707)
Have you seen Paradis play? He's very good in the QMJHL. Very good defensively, good ofensively, very good shot, very physical, wins one on one battle, etc. He's very complete. In the NHL he could be a good bottom 6 player.

He has not dominated the Q in scoring; he hasn't been a PPG player in the Q. Sure he is big, great shot, physical a and plays both ends of the ice, but is points totals have been mediocre.

CB Joe 02-05-2011 09:46 AM

or Chicago could just trade a 4th for Sjostrom and keep their prospects.

dubey 02-05-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever (Post 30674731)
I don't think we need to add a pick. Sjostrom straight up for Stalberg is good for both team. Stalberg play on your fourth line, Sjostrom would be a better fit for you there.

Stalberg would not play on the Leafs fourth line

Brown-Stalberg-Orr/Rosehill?

no
Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJoe (Post 30674884)
or Chicago could just trade a 4th for Sjostrom and keep their prospects.

That's more likely

QMJHLfollower 02-05-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TML4LIFE (Post 30674817)
He has not dominated the Q in scoring; he hasn't been a PPG player in the Q. Sure he is big, great shot, physical a and plays both ends of the ice, but is points totals have been mediocre.

You don't need to dominated the QMJHL to be a good player. Have you seen him play? I've seen him play a couple of times, and he was always very good. A game that I've see him is versus the Montreal Junior. He was the best player on the ice with Louis Leblanc and Trevor Parkes.

HockeySensible 02-05-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever (Post 30674928)
You don't need to dominated the QMJHL to be a good player. Have you seen him play? I've seen him play a couple of times, and he was always very good. A game that I've see him is versus the Montreal Junior. He was the best player on the ice with Louis Leblanc and Trevor Parkes.

Exactly. You can't judge a player, especially one who projects to be a good bottom six forward by his stats. His stats are good, basically a PPG, but it's his all around game, size, and physicallity that's inticing about him as a prospect.

HockeySensible 02-05-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever (Post 30674620)
Fredrik Sjostrom

One or two of:

Jake Skille/Viktor Stalberg/Philippe Paradis/Igor Makarov/Brian Connelly

Viktor Stalberg is the guy I'd move, certainly not 2 of those prospects, but Viktor has more value then Sjostrom. Granted, I'm not saying you're comparing Crosby to Bissonette, but he still has slightly more value.

mcphllp 02-05-2011 11:45 AM

sjostrom will get a 3rd round pick at best. Even that would be overpayment.

Leaf Predator 02-05-2011 12:11 PM

/thread to everyone who said 3-5 round pick for Sjostrom, not prospects or Stalberg.