HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Patrik Elias to Montreal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=873401)

waxring 02-05-2011 11:31 PM

Patrik Elias to Montreal

What would it take to get patrick Elias to Montreal?

EliasR8 02-05-2011 11:32 PM

untouchable

Halifaxhab* 02-05-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDIR8 (Post 30693184)
untouchable

unwanted!

why do them any favors and take this guy off their hands. Besides his cap hit for 2 more years is WAY too high for Montreal to be able to resign our RFAs and rebuild that blueline next season

apice3* 02-05-2011 11:39 PM

His return wouldn't be worth it. Plus he just recently had his first child and won't waive his NMC for any team. He's a life long Devil and deservedly so.

Devils Trap 02-05-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apice3 (Post 30693275)
His return wouldn't be worth it. Plus he just recently had his first child and won't waive his NMC for any team. He's a life long Devil and deservedly so.

:nod::nod:

JeffMangum 02-05-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halifaxhab (Post 30693255)
unwanted!

why do them any favors and take this guy off their hands. Besides his cap hit for 2 more years is WAY too high for Montreal to be able to resign our RFAs and rebuild that blueline next season

Hahahahaha.

Devils don't want to trade Elias.

KristoLeblanc* 02-05-2011 11:57 PM

Elias isn't on the downhill of his caster but he doesn't play like 2-3 years ago, still like some Devils fans said, I really doubt he gets traded ever.

The Devils needs him, I think its only a bump in the road, one pathetic year and will get back in the playoff next season. That team miss Parise a lot, Kovalchuk will get his **** together and start to score 40-50 goals with them, espacially with some pressure off with Parise in the lineup. With Parise in, it makes Zajac usually better.

They need 2 good defencemen and they're back in the top.

King Woodballs 02-06-2011 08:49 AM

no thanks
he has been a bum

JeffMangum 02-06-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 30696024)
no thanks
he has been a bum

What does this even mean? He leads the Devils in scoring - far from "has been a bum".

Saugus 02-06-2011 09:13 AM

Elias is the Devils' best forward this season. He has been a loyal Devil for his entire career, and I think he will be a lifer. He is the de facto captain of the Devils right now, until Parise gets back. And he has a full NMC that he has said he will not waive. He isn't going to be traded.

JimEIV 02-06-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

no thanks
he has been a bum

That is confusing...He would be second in scoring in Montreal...And he is better defensively than any of Montreals top 6 forwards and probably even better than any forward on Montreal and can play wing or center?

His production really hasn't drop much over the years and considering what he is doing with this terrible team both offensively and defensively he really is having a great season...Unfortunately he is the only Devil that realized the season started in October.

How is he a bum?

NJDevils66621 02-06-2011 10:55 AM

he's untouchable...no freakin way we give you the egg line!

Anksun 02-06-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimEIV (Post 30696302)
That is confusing...He would be second in scoring in Montreal...And he is better defensively than any of Montreals top 6 forwards and probably even better than any forward on Montreal and can play wing or center?

How is he a bum?

The bum comments i'm not getting either. However, you are severely underrating Tomas Plekanec with your comments. Severely.

apice3* 02-06-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

no thanks
he has been a bum

I wish he was as good as that Montreal forward that made the all star game.

Clipitar 02-06-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apice3 (Post 30698087)
I wish he was as good as that Montreal forward that made the all star game.

Plekanec is severely above Elias at this point of their careers. All-star game or not.

Not saying he's as good as Elias was in his prime though, just in case I get misinterpreted here...

apice3* 02-06-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clipitar (Post 30698143)
Plekanec is severely above Elias at this point of their careers. All-star game or not.

Not saying he's as good as Elias was in his prime though, just in case I get misinterpreted here...

You can make a case for it, but severely? I'm aware of how good Plekanec is but YOU are severely underrating Elias. He's four points behind Plekanec this season, playing in a very defensive minded system and his current linemates are Brian Rolston and Dainius Zubrus. Plus he's taken one seventh the amount of penalty minutes.

You can say Plekanec is better because it's an opinion and one that can be accepted as truth by many, but severely? Come on. That's ignoring Elias and simply looking at the Devils current place in the standings. He's definitely lost a step since the year the put up 96 points, but he's still a fantastic player regardless.

Qvist 02-06-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halifaxhab (Post 30693255)
unwanted!

Right. Obviously you couldn't use a player who so far this season has outscored every Canadien except Plekanec, despite not having a particularly productive year by his own standards. Good to see it's not just the Leafs who have an ample supply of fans determined to make fools of themselves.

Homerism is one thing, but let's try to stay on the right planet here.

Halifaxhab* 02-06-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qvist (Post 30698357)
Right. Obviously you couldn't use a player who so far this season has outscored every Canadien except Plekanec, despite not having a particularly productive year by his own standards. Good to see it's not just the Leafs who have an ample supply of fans determined to make fools of themselves.

Homerism is one thing, but let's try to stay on the right planet here.

Read my post again genius. I never copmpared him to any other player, I never said he sucked, the only comment I made was about his 6 MILLION $ contract thru this season PLUS two more that Montreal cannot afford.

Perhaps you should put down your rose coloured glasses, apparently they are too dark for you to actually read what has actually been posted

And your right there are some people on this site that make fools of themselves....feel free to add yourself to that list Einstein.

MountainGoat 02-06-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halifaxhab (Post 30698742)
Read my post again genius. I never copmpared him to any other player, I never said he sucked, the only comment I made was about his 6 MILLION $ contract thru this season PLUS two more that Montreal cannot afford.

Perhaps you should put down your rose coloured glasses, apparently they are too dark for you to actually read what has actually been posted

And your right there are some people on this site that make fools of themselves....feel free to add yourself to that list Einstein.

"why do them any favors and take this guy off their hands"

are you stupid? Elias has been our best player we don't want to trade him, go watch a game before you talk out of your ***

Oroku Saki* 02-06-2011 12:39 PM

Elias stays. Montreal has nothing NJ wants except Subban.

NJD1982 02-06-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volchenkov 28 (Post 30699523)
Elias stays. Montreal has nothing NJ wants except Subban.

and Louis Leblanc but he falls on the untouchable list with Subban.

Halifaxhab* 02-06-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie1987 (Post 30699071)
"why do them any favors and take this guy off their hands"

are you stupid? Elias has been our best player we don't want to trade him, go watch a game before you talk out of your ***

I'll write really slow for all of you...T H E F A V O R I S A B O U T T H E M O N E Y

your next class is finger painting with the kindee garden teacher.

JimEIV 02-06-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anksun (Post 30697585)
The bum comments i'm not getting either. However, you are severely underrating Tomas Plekanec with your comments. Severely.

You think Plekanec is as good as Elias Defensively?

Saugus 02-06-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halifaxhab (Post 30701101)
I'll write really slow for all of you...T H E F A V O R I S A B O U T T H E M O N E Y

Except we don't think Elias is that badly overpaid. If Lou needs to make cap space, Elias's name is at the very bottom of the list of guys to trade. You aren't doing us any favours if you take him.

AfroThunder396 02-06-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halifaxhab (Post 30701101)

And the fact that we'll have 3-6M in cap space AFTER signing Parise means that we need favors?

But no, it makes total sense that if we were to need a salary dump (which we don't), we'll trade our highest scoring forward with a NMC instead of someone like Clarkson, Zubrus, or Tallinder.