HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Fisher to Nashville (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=873451)

Zetterberg4Captain 02-06-2011 07:41 AM

Fisher to Nashville

Ottawa really needs to clean house and Fisher is a natural fit for Nashville given his style of play and the fact his wife has got to prefer living in the country music capital vs the outskirts of Ottawa

To Ottawa
-Austin Watson and a 2nd rd pick in 2011
To Nashville
-Fisher and a 5th rd pick in 2011

officeglen 02-06-2011 07:57 AM

This Sens fan says yes - this is the typical type of deal that a rebuilding team should do - older for younger and getting a better pick in the draft.

SpezDispenser 02-06-2011 08:27 AM

I'd do that, yes.

JackBauer 02-06-2011 08:54 AM

does nashville view Budish as a greater or lesser prospect?

I'd rather do Budish+1st over Watson+2nd.

codeyh 02-06-2011 09:25 AM

Nashville won't give up their first.. I think Poile learned that lesson in 2006's Draft.

Watson and 2nd doesn't seem horrible though.

Predsrule 02-06-2011 09:49 AM

Just because his wife is a country singer doesnt mean we need him.. we are deep enough at center as and much better options for us out there for that price.. but at least its something new and exciting !:sarcasm:

Roman Yoshi 02-06-2011 09:55 AM

:facepalm:

Poile says no, we have very few decent forward prospects and we don't want fisher.

Stassino 02-06-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain (Post 30695597)
Ottawa really needs to clean house and Fisher is a natural fit for Nashville given his style of play and the fact his wife has got to prefer living in the country music capital vs the outskirts of Ottawa

To Ottawa
-Austin Watson and a 2nd rd pick in 2011
To Nashville
-Fisher and a 5th rd pick in 2011

His wife was the one that picked the place in the outskirts of Ottawa as the place she'd want to live, she also designed the house with the help of a designer, in fact she said she'd liken living in the outskirts of ottawa to cottage life, more relaxed and incognito, whereas shes front and center in Nashville, something Fisher wants nothing of.

MHJS 02-06-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stassino (Post 30696877)
His wife was the one that picked the place in the outskirts of Ottawa as the place she'd want to live, she also designed the house with the help of a designer, in fact she said she'd liken living in the outskirts of ottawa to cottage life, more relaxed and incognito, whereas shes front and center in Nashville, something Fisher wants nothing of.

Oh well thank god Fisher has a NMC so he can choose where he wants to play. Oh wait...

token grinder 02-06-2011 12:32 PM

I'd give Nashville's 3rd round pick and a d prospect not named ellis, josi, or blum for fisher and his 22 points.

Zetterberg4Captain 02-06-2011 01:00 PM

fisher, like all sens this year, is having a down season.

that said he is a legit 45-55pt player who plays with his heart on his sleve. he isn t a free thinker on the ice but best when playing within the confines of a strict system(hello barry trotz). he is the prototypical predator kind of player and his contract isnt outside nashville comfort level(aka gomez/drury style)

ottawa is in transition from a contender to a pretender and will need a good 2-3 year rebuild based on youth and shedding salary. their biggest need is/are skilled forward prospects. watson isnt a star but he is a good responsible two-way prospect which fits every facet of what the sens need.

again this is a perfect trade for both clubs, someone email this thread to murray

Predsrule 02-06-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain (Post 30699989)
fisher, like all sens this year, is having a down season.

that said he is a legit 45-55pt player who plays with his heart on his sleve. he isn t a free thinker on the ice but best when playing within the confines of a strict system(hello barry trotz). he is the prototypical predator kind of player and his contract isnt outside nashville comfort level(aka gomez/drury style)

ottawa is in transition from a contender to a pretender and will need a good 2-3 year rebuild based on youth and shedding salary. their biggest need is/are skilled forward prospects. watson isnt a star but he is a good responsible two-way prospect which fits every facet of what the sens need.

again this is a perfect trade for both clubs, someone email this thread to murray

.. funny no Nashville fans think so? you know the people who you know..watch the team involved.. and know it better then a random wings fan desperate for his trade to gain approval

senatoilers* 02-06-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predsrule (Post 30700325)
.. funny no Nashville fans think so? you know the people who you know..watch the team involved.. and know it better then a random wings fan desperate for his trade to gain approval

Fisher's on pace for 22 goals and 38pts on a team that is on pace for 65pts with 181GF, and who's leading scorer is on pace for 48pts. This has been arguably one of his best offensive seasons considering the disarray the Senators are currently in. He was also playing injured for a good chunk of November where he had just 1G in 11GP. He has still scored 12% of Ottawa's goals this season.

Nashville fans seem to have some kind of unjustified hate-on for Fisher... probably because 90% of HF Sens fans want to trade Fisher there. However, make no mistake, the guy is a fantastic player and would do great in Nashville. Outside of the HF scoresheet watchers, no one in Ottawa wants to see the guy traded.. so we'll be happy to keep him. :)

Here's some yt of him for you to enjoy:

some good goals early and late in the video... middle's kinda boring.

example of the physicality he brings with a funny fluke goal.

Rushh 02-06-2011 02:07 PM

i think we should trade fisher even though he is my favorite sen. he is definitely a great second line center and a great two player.

I Will Son 02-06-2011 02:59 PM

no ty

triggrman 02-06-2011 03:48 PM

Funny, (Ms. Nashville Scene) tells me the other day, "I see Carry Underwood and her husband are buying a house in Nashville, think the Predators will get her husband?"...

token grinder 02-06-2011 04:04 PM

I think the dislike comes from the fact he isn't a ufa at seasons end.

that and sens fans thinking he is worth a first round pick right now.