HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Proposal: sharks-pens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=873681)

niel094 02-06-2011 05:36 PM

sharks-pens

with malkin likely out for the rest of the season, and crosby still out, do you guys think there is any possibility of a deal between the 2 teams?

sharks: setoguchi
pens: goligoski

this isnt the trade i assume on seeing but i just want to know who you guys think would possibly get traded

Derick* 02-06-2011 05:45 PM

We don't do deals with satan.

ThorNton Apologist 02-06-2011 06:11 PM

I thought we were dont talking about the Seto for Gogo deals? Im sooo sick of hearing it over and over:shakehead

Jesus Toews* 02-06-2011 06:14 PM

It's filling one hole while creating another. IMO these teams don't make good trading partners.

SactoShork 02-06-2011 06:39 PM

Bump this thread when we're losing. hahaha

hockeyball 02-06-2011 10:26 PM

You lost Malkin, want Heatley? :P

Kidding...

wtfisthis 02-06-2011 10:43 PM

No one on the team should be traded except for Wallin, Huskins, Mitchell, McGinn, Mayers, and Joslin unless it's for a major deal. This team would do a lot better if the players would play like they actually give a rat's ass about hockey.

WTFetus 02-06-2011 11:00 PM

I want Letang or Martin. :)

Le Rosbeef 02-07-2011 04:38 AM

I'll give the OP credit, this isn't as bad as some of the proposals I've seen lately involving the Sharks.

That said, Pitt has to be in disarray at the moment - no Sid until March, no Malkin now for the rest of the year, possibly, Letescu too. I think the last thing they do is a small deal with a quality asset to try and stem some offensive bleeding.

I like Goligoski but I think the Pens would want more than Seto given his production malaise this season.

I do feel that Goligoski would be a good asset for the Sharks and would take some of the pressure off of Dan Boyle but I'm not convinced he'd placate those who want to see a more robust defensive line.

I'd personally prefer Martin but (A) he was a recent FA and you don't often see those traded, (B), we'd need to pay more than Setoguchi and (C) again, the Pens have zero motivation to trade him. Just playing along!

DBS 02-07-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Rosbeef (Post 30716196)
I'll give the OP credit, this isn't as bad as some of the proposals I've seen lately involving the Sharks.

That said, Pitt has to be in disarray at the moment - no Sid until March, no Malkin now for the rest of the year, possibly, Letescu too. I think the last thing they do is a small deal with a quality asset to try and stem some offensive bleeding.

I like Goligoski but I think the Pens would want more than Seto given his production malaise this season.

I do feel that Goligoski would be a good asset for the Sharks and would take some of the pressure off of Dan Boyle but I'm not convinced he'd placate those who want to see a more robust defensive line.

I'd personally prefer Martin but (A) he was a recent FA and you don't often see those traded, (B), we'd need to pay more than Setoguchi and (C) again, the Pens have zero motivation to trade him. Just playing along!

I think Seto for Goli is one of the most fair deals I've seen for the Sharks. I don't know if it's the perfect deal but I would consider it.

P.S. Is Crosby really out until March?

rangerssharks414 02-07-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1SJSharkie1 (Post 30718014)
P.S. Is Crosby really out until March?

Reportedly. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=352823

I like Goligoski a lot, but I'm not sure if I'd do this or not. It is a very fair offer though.

Le Rosbeef 02-07-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1SJSharkie1 (Post 30718014)
I think Seto for Goli is one of the most fair deals I've seen for the Sharks. I don't know if it's the perfect deal but I would consider it.

It'd be interesting to get a Pittsburgh response or two but my gut feeling would say they probably covet AG more than we do Setoguchi.

Goligoski had 37 points last year, is on for 41 pace this year and is 25 years old. He's most definitely on the rise.

Meanwhile Devin, for whatever reason, is seeing a significant decline in his production and for that reason alone, there's enough to convince the boo-birds that there are some concerns.

Strategically a trade might make sense between a team with multiple quality blueliners and several top 6 forwards when it meets each other's team needs out of conference but I think Setoguchi of 12-18 months ago might have done it... now, not so much.