HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Meet the Team Event Tonight (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=873858)

Let's Go Flyers 02-07-2011 07:18 AM

Meet the Team Event Tonight
 
I apologize if this being discussed elsewhere but I didn't see anything.

Is anyone else going to the Meet the Team event for STH tonight?

Anyone have any idea what to expect?

McNasty 02-07-2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Let's Go Flyers (Post 30716629)
I apologize if this being discussed elsewhere but I didn't see anything.

Is anyone else going to the Meet the Team event for STH tonight?

Anyone have any idea what to expect?

My sister and her friend are going but if it runs like the last one I went to a few years back you walk in and get a map that shows you where everyone is any you pretty much just go get in line. Obviously hit the bigger names first because the lines do get a little crazy.

GKJ 02-07-2011 08:41 AM

Long lines

Kambo 02-07-2011 09:47 AM

Yeah I have 2 tickets myself. Debating on going or giving them to my brother or something. I've gone the past couple years, and have come to find that the lines really make it not worth it.

dbr2 02-07-2011 09:57 AM

When is the town hall meeting? Is that what it's called?

Let's Go Flyers 02-07-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kambo (Post 30718118)
Yeah I have 2 tickets myself. Debating on going or giving them to my brother or something. I've gone the past couple years, and have come to find that the lines really make it not worth it.

Can anyone elaborate on the length of lines issue? This will be my first time attending and my goal is to get my Richards jersey signed, and my girlfriend who is coming with me is hoping to get her Giroux jersey signed. Obviously, these are two popular players, but do past attendees feel that if we each go straight to the respective lines, we’ll at least have a shot of getting the jerseys signed?

GKJ 02-07-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Let's Go Flyers (Post 30718312)
Can anyone elaborate on the length of lines issue? This will be my first time attending and my goal is to get my Richards jersey signed, and my girlfriend who is coming with me is hoping to get her Giroux jersey signed. Obviously, these are two popular players, but do past attendees feel that if we each go straight to the respective lines, we’ll at least have a shot of getting the jerseys signed?

They put two players at the front of each line. The lines go from either the bottom or top of each section all the way to the other top or bottom, and the line snakes through all the seats in the section. Anyone who doesn't have the early bird privileges will be lucky if they get through more than two lines. And if you think you're going to have a chat or talk it up with the players for a minute or two...you don't. Maybe you trade one-liners. You're not meeting anyone, you're just getting stuff signed by them.


Bring your ipod.

Let's Go Flyers 02-07-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 30718407)
They put two players at the front of each line, and anyone who doesn't have the early bird privileges will be lucky if they get through more than two lines.


Bring your ipod.

"So you're saying there's a chance"

GKJ 02-07-2011 10:06 AM

And it's not like you're guaranteed to get everyone you want. One year they put Rory Fitzpatrick with Mike Richards. For every Claude Giroux, you probably get a Darroll Powe

dbr2 02-07-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 30718484)
And it's not like you're guaranteed to get everyone you want. One year they put Rory Fitzpatrick with Mike Richards. For every Claude Giroux, you probably get a Darroll Powe

Please don't tell me, you got his autograph lol.

Kambo 02-07-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 30718484)
And it's not like you're guaranteed to get everyone you want. One year they put Rory Fitzpatrick with Mike Richards. For every Claude Giroux, you probably get a Darroll Powe

I have Rory's autograph forever emblazoned on my jersey. It was my first year going and I felt bad having Mike sign it and then having Rory sign the poster. Oops.

And yeah as far as the lines, last year I got there maybe 30 minutes late, and the only respectable line was the one for Lappy, Noodles, and Emery. By the time I got out of that line, every other line was closed. The year I waited in the Gagne/ Parent line, I stood there for probably close to 2 hours. I only got additional autographs because the lady I went with knows everybody and their mom and was able to smuggle us into closed lines.

GKJ 02-07-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbr2 (Post 30718629)
Please don't tell me, you got his autograph lol.

No, I didn't bother with his line. My friend did and has his Richards jersey signed and wouldn't let Rory sign it.

Truth: I got Lasse Kukkonen's twice though. The first time he was with Kapanen, when I didn't bring my Kapanen jersey (d'oh), and the next year he was still somehow on the team, so I made my 1/2 off Kukkonen jersey worth it with he and Lupul. That year I had Niitty and the goalies and the coaches sign my Niitty jersey, and now they're all gone except Berube.

As all the guys I target end up leaving the team, this is the year I get my Timonen jersey signed.

RJ8812* 02-07-2011 10:30 AM

so it will basically be 75% puck bunnies, 20% kids, 5% everyone else

dbr2 02-07-2011 10:30 AM

Kimmo will be traded in the off season now. All thanks to GKJ!:sarcasm:

Kambo 02-07-2011 11:13 AM

Since I don't have the tickets on me right now, what time does this start anyway? I want to say 7, but I kinda remember last year being off and starting at 6 or something.

Let's Go Flyers 02-07-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kambo (Post 30719774)
Since I don't have the tickets on me right now, what time does this start anyway? I want to say 7, but I kinda remember last year being off and starting at 6 or something.

5:45 -- although I don't know anything about early-bird privileges

GKJ 02-07-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbr2 (Post 30718959)
Kimmo will be traded in the off season now. All thanks to GKJ!:sarcasm:

You're joking around but that's specifically the reason I'm making sure I get this done.

Cartsiephan* 02-07-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 30723057)
You're joking around but that's specifically the reason I'm making sure I get this done.

To ensure Timonen is traded?

GKJ 02-07-2011 02:47 PM

No, to make sure I get it before he is.

flountown 02-07-2011 03:46 PM

Early Bird is 5pm...

BernieParent 02-07-2011 03:46 PM

Can someone bring a stick and a puck, have Nodl autograph them, and then ask Nodl to stand 5' from a wall and to hit the wall with the puck?

Mosetter27 02-07-2011 04:30 PM

WAIT! what is this?

wheres it at?

can you still get tickets

uvegotafrendinpa 02-07-2011 05:26 PM

It's for season ticket holders. My girl friend got tickets on craig's list two years ago...it was a good time. They gave out posters and I just walked around with my jerseys and posters and got them signed.

My experience was actually pretty good, I got to 8 guys (4 stations) in two hours. When I got to Carter they got the notification to put on their "new" orange jerseys and he compared the new orange to the old CCM color orange that I have having him sign...you could tell by the end of the night that the guys were getting pretty tired though...

Mosetter27 02-07-2011 05:52 PM

wheres it at?

GKJ 02-07-2011 06:35 PM

Kind of poorly organized this year. Pretty sure a bunch of guys were late. Meanwhile, I didn't even have to wait in a line for Timonen and O'Donnell. Got to trade some words with Coburn for a minute because he was wearing a Roughriders hat.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.