HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Ottawa - Florida (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=874342)

Karlssonlee 02-08-2011 11:07 AM

Ottawa - Florida

Florida accepts a trade for Kovalev so they can finally get rid of Olesz and his contract, and then move Kovalev for a 3rd round pick to a team at the deadline, like the Skoula deal last deadline trade

Ottawa takes a chance on a player who's relatively young and badly needs a change of scenery. They acquire a former linemate of Milan Michalek's in the WJ

Florida:
- Alex Kovalev

Ottawa:
- Rostislav Olesz
- 2nd round pick

Ideas, Thoughts
please read rationale before commenting

SpezDispenser 02-08-2011 11:17 AM

3 more years of Olesz? No thanks, don't want and to shelter that kind of contract would take at least a 1st.

HockeyRulez 02-08-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlssonlee (Post 30743628)
Florida accepts a trade for Kovalev so they can finally get rid of Olesz and his contract, and then move Kovalev for a 3rd round pick to a team at the deadline, like the Skoula deal last deadline trade

Ottawa takes a chance on a player who's relatively young and badly needs a change of scenery. They acquire a former linemate of Milan Michalek's in the WJ

Florida:
- Alex Kovalev

Ottawa:
- Rostislav Olesz
- 2nd round pick

Ideas, Thoughts
please read rationale before commenting

change 2nd to Bos 3rd and maybe

HockeyRulez 02-08-2011 11:19 AM

Kovalev is a pending UFA right?

Mase 02-08-2011 11:19 AM

Not what Tallon is looking to do at the moment. If they're not looking to retain Olsez he can be bought out next year. Makes no sense to trade for a guy...AND send a 2nd...for what you MIGHT get in return, or might not. Just seems like a waste of time, IMO.

Kovalev is a good offensive player, and The Panthers need offense, but you can't trade an asset(2nd round pick) for someone you have no intention of keeping and trying to "flip" like he's a 5 bedroom 4 bath house, or something.

benjiv1 02-08-2011 11:24 AM

I was going to say drop the 2nd, but then I actually looked at Olesz' contract.

I really dont know much about Olesz, but I would probably take the risk and do this deal.

At 3M, if he has any chemistry with Michalek it would be worth it.

RedWhiteBlackGold 02-08-2011 11:24 AM

I would personally rather have the free cap space next season then having Olesz at a 3.1 cap space for the next 3 seasons and who has only reached the 30 point mark once in his 6 year career.

Kovalev for their 2nd/3rd and it's a steal.

RainingRats 02-08-2011 11:30 AM

Olesz doesn't need a change of scenery. He needs some finishing skill and offensive creativity. He's a solid third line player who is extremely overpaid.

Karlssonlee 02-08-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyRulez (Post 30743922)
Kovalev is a pending UFA right?

Yep:handclap:

Karlssonlee 02-08-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold (Post 30744063)
I would personally rather have the free cap space next season then having Olesz at a 3.1 cap space for the next 3 seasons and who has only reached the 30 point mark once in his 6 year career.

Kovalev for their 2nd/3rd and it's a steal.

you have to be open minded and remember the deal would be Olesz + 2nd rounder (prospect)

There isn't too much available in the summer anyways.

DG 02-08-2011 11:37 AM

Orrrr... we could bypass Florida altogether, get the 3rd ourselves, AND not saddle ourselves with a new bad contract.

Karlssonlee 02-08-2011 11:38 AM

Olesz - Regin - Michalek

or

Olesz - Fisher - Michalek

SpezDispenser 02-08-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlssonlee (Post 30744363)
Olesz - Regin - Michalek

or

Olesz - Fisher - Michalek

Why wouldn't you just give that spot to Bobby Butler or someone from within the organization? That's just not a player to spend 3 million bucks on, save the cap space, be thankful for the cap space and go get a real goalie this summer. If we acquire someone, let it be someone with top line capabilities to play next to Spezza, otherwise, what's the point? You want a fringe 2nd liner? We have plenty of those already.

RedWhiteBlackGold 02-08-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlssonlee (Post 30744334)
you have to be open minded and remember the deal would be Olesz + 2nd rounder (prospect)

There isn't too much available in the summer anyways.

I would rather just take the pick and keep the cap space. Just because there isn't much available in the off-season, doesn't mean we have to spend it or that there isn't a trade that can be made later down the road.

As we seen the last few years, cap space is a valuable thing to have.

I would rather trade Kovalev for a 2nd/3rd and let Bobby Butler play the 2nd line wing next season....and have 5M open in cap space.

Karlssonlee 02-08-2011 04:45 PM

Rotislav olesz still has some untapped potential to be a 45-50 pt player and be solid defensively. He would play a role like Radek Bonk but with good speed

Holy Jokinen 02-08-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlssonlee (Post 30750744)
Rotislav olesz still has some untapped potential to be a 45-50 pt player and be solid defensively. He would play a role like Radek Bonk but with good speed

Not gonna happen. But hey, if you want him, you can have him.

Mase 02-09-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Hard to do when you can't stay on the ice, first and foremost.

While I agree that he is defensively responsible, and uses his body to protect the puck very well, he just has NO HANDS WHATSOEVER, and that is the kiss of death for a guy who needs to

1. Use his physicality to get to the net beacuse he's not very fast.

2. Is about as creative as a snail going cross-country.

Martin offered him that albatross of a contract, can't very well blame Olesz for accepting it. He's a 3rd line winger AT BEST.

trentmccleary 02-09-2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

We need more players who make other people better. Not less cap space to acquire them because we tied it all up in complimentary players waiting for the 60 minute a game, league minimum making Messiah to come and make everybody on our team look better.