HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Ducks-Habs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=874380)

habs03 02-08-2011 01:23 PM

Ducks-Habs

In the offseason

To the Habs: Lupul 2 years left at 4.25
To the Ducks: A.Kost RFA

I think A.Kost would be a perfect fit with the Ducks, less pressure, they are already have top end talent that are looked at to produce so he can fly under the radar. And MTL gets the perfect RW to play with Cammy and Plecks, they take a risk with Lupul's heath and contact but if they can't find anyone on July 1st this might be the best opition.

Not bad for either team?

Cammy-Pleck-Lupul
Patches-Gomes-Gionta

A.kost-Getz-Perry
Blake-koivu-Ryan

What do you gusy think? First every proposal, so take it easy.

PlayersCoach 02-08-2011 01:26 PM

Lupul is a serious downgrade from AK, and he is paid more money.

Don't see why the Habs do this.

IglooBoy 02-08-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs03 (Post 30745295)

Kouvi

As a Habs fan, some might find this error to be unacceptable.

As per your proposal, I'd rather keep Kostitsyn who is younger than Lupul. Also, Lupul seems to have an injury bug following him around throughout his career.

While Lupul is a solid player, I'd rather have Kostitsyn.

Sean Garrity 02-08-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlayersCoach (Post 30745353)

hahaha how do you figure?

habs03 02-08-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IglooBoy (Post 30745561)
As a Habs fan, some might find this error to be unacceptable.

As per your proposal, I'd rather keep Kostitsyn who is younger than Lupul. Also, Lupul seems to have an injury bug following him around throughout his career.

While Lupul is a solid player, I'd rather have Kostitsyn.

ahahahah, ohh man, I knew something with go wrong since its my first prospal

Hampe 02-08-2011 01:46 PM

No thanks.

And do we really need more former Habs on our offense? :sarcasm: :laugh:

Blind Gardien 02-08-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlayersCoach (Post 30745353)

Agreed. If the Habs' brass decide AK isn't the right fit on the current team, better to just walk away from him than to take on Lupul. At least we have the walk away option with AK. He's solid, and better than Lupul these days, but we'll have to think about what the cap money could buy in the summer. Nobody would choose to spend that much of it on Lupul. One might or might not choose to spend it on Kostitsyn. But at least AK's situation provides the choice.

habsjunkie2* 02-08-2011 04:16 PM

No thanks AK, is much better than Lupul, younger and cheaper. This proposal should be thrown in the trash.

habs03 02-08-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 (Post 30749016)
No thanks AK, is much better than Lupul, younger and cheaper. This proposal should be thrown in the trash.

I doubt an inconsistent AK so much better than a Lupul to warrant a "thrown in the trash". Atleast Lupul gives more of an effort than an on and off AK

Sean Garrity 02-08-2011 04:29 PM

I still don't see how AK is much better than Lupul. What is the basis behind this? Sure he is younger, and will probably be cheaper, but to say he is better at all would be up for debate yet alone much better.

Also, I don't see either team doing this.

habs03 02-08-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 30748246)
Agreed. If the Habs' brass decide AK isn't the right fit on the current team, better to just walk away from him than to take on Lupul. At least we have the walk away option with AK. He's solid, and better than Lupul these days, but we'll have to think about what the cap money could buy in the summer. Nobody would choose to spend that much of it on Lupul. One might or might not choose to spend it on Kostitsyn. But at least AK's situation provides the choice.

Exactly, but as I said at the end of the first post, if we can't find anyone else this can be an opition. AK seems to always find a way to get into Martin doghouse even though he wasn't be bad but just inconsistent.

Dharvey33 02-08-2011 05:35 PM

Kostitsyn is way better then Lupul. Lupul never scored 25 goals plus Kostitsyn has better skills better shot better hands and more size.

Kostitsyn is an inconsistant **** but when he wants he is a really good hockey player.

Anyway the return for Ak wouldn't be good so let's keep him instead.

KelVarnsen 02-08-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dharvey33 (Post 30750573)
Kostitsyn is way better then Lupul. Lupul never scored 25 goals plus Kostitsyn has better skills better shot better hands and more size.

Kostitsyn is an inconsistant **** but when he wants he is a really good hockey player.

Except the two times he scored 25.....05-06 and 08-09 I believe. Lupul is also an inch taller and about the same weight. I don't want to give up on Lupul because I think he can be a good scorer with better linemates. Caryle is wasting him on the third line with blake on the second line.

imbatman 02-08-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Lupul has scored 28, 25 and he had 20 in 56 one year.

LordStanleysDuck 02-08-2011 06:42 PM

[QUOTE=Dharvey33;30750573]Kostitsyn is way better then Lupul. Lupul never scored 25 goals plus Kostitsyn has better skills better shot better hands and more size. QUOTE]

Except for those times when he scored 28, 25 goals. I don't think I'll be the only one to suggest that his shot is superior as well.

LordStanleysDuck 02-08-2011 06:44 PM

lol, ducks fans on stats patrol.
I only commented cause I think Lupul is being a bit underrated as a player in this thread.

Pierre Dagenais 02-08-2011 06:50 PM

[QUOTE=LordStanleysDuck;30751795]
Quote:

Kostitsyn is way better then Lupul. Lupul never scored 25 goals plus Kostitsyn has better skills better shot better hands and more size. QUOTE]

Except for those times when he scored 28, 25 goals. I don't think I'll be the only one to suggest that his shot is superior as well.

Kostitsyn's shot is pretty good

Sean Garrity 02-08-2011 08:24 PM

So basically some Habs fans Stating AK is better than Lupul have no reason why AK is better besides that he plays on their favorite team...

c4rcy 02-08-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karacter (Post 30754779)
So basically some Habs fans Stating AK is better than Lupul have no reason why AK is better besides that he plays on their favorite team...

Yup. Where's the justification? Don't see much concrete evidence yet. Lupul's hit the same goal totals AK has, shoots as good if not better, and hustles 10x more than AK does. And for people who are worrying about the injury, it was a blood infection in his back. How can you justify that as having the "injury bug".

Anyways, I'm not even sure why I'm talking in defense of Lupul, I probably wouldn't even do this. Once Selanne retires, we will need Lupul to step up on the 2nd line next year (or when someone else goes down this year).

Blind Gardien 02-08-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karacter (Post 30754779)

Their career offensive totals/rates are about as close as you could find, but: Lupul has had a lot of injury troubles lately, and it's really not clear that he's as good now and going forward as he once might have been. It's not certain that he won't get back there, of course. But today, this season, AK is the better player. He's got better production and is more physical. I don't see how it's even really debateable. :dunno:

Varius 02-08-2011 10:34 PM

Lupul showed great chemistry with Getz/Perry last season before being injured, since coming back he hasn't been given much to work with for whatever reason...

I figure when Getzlaf is back, maybe then he'll get tried out with them, or he'll at least play with Ryan centering him instead of Lapierre.

I'm sure they are counting on him for a Top-6 scoring role and 1st PP unit time once Selanne is gone.

No to Lupul for AK.

Unholy 02-08-2011 11:05 PM

We'll keep the better player thanks

Crazy8oooo 02-09-2011 01:06 AM

The ironic thing about this thread is that they're saying Lupul is injury prone, but just last year Kostitsyn missed a quarter of the season due to injury.

And to say Kostitsyn is much better now is not very accurate. If you project out Lupul's current stats for this season he is basically at the same point production as Kostitsyn. (Based on his point production per games played) Given the fact that Lupul was out for a year and still posting similar point totals as Kostitsyn, would lead one to believe that Lupul would actually be the better of the two considering it took him some time to get back in sync with the NHL.

mightyquack 02-09-2011 01:57 AM

Wouldn't do this.

Lupul is a very good hockey player, it's a shame he isn't given a go on the top line. Not to mention Lupul really fits into our style of play, which is pretty surprising.

Blind Gardien 02-09-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo (Post 30762394)
The ironic thing about this thread is that they're saying Lupul is injury prone, but just last year Kostitsyn missed a quarter of the season due to injury.

And to say Kostitsyn is much better now is not very accurate. If you project out Lupul's current stats for this season he is basically at the same point production as Kostitsyn. (Based on his point production per games played) Given the fact that Lupul was out for a year and still posting similar point totals as Kostitsyn, would lead one to believe that Lupul would actually be the better of the two considering it took him some time to get back in sync with the NHL.

Lupul: 5 goals / 13 points in 26 games ( = 0.19 gpg / 0.50 ppg)
Kostitsyn: 13 goals / 29 points in 53 games ( = 0.25 gpg / 0.55 ppg)

I don't think anybody said it wasn't close. But Kostitsyn is ahead. And back injuries are generally more of a long-term concern than Kostitsyn's variety of more standard hockey ailments. No biggie there, just one item in the list.

Lupul clearly has the potential to move back ahead of Kostitsyn, or Kostitsyn could continue his current stretch of better play and surge to a more comfortable lead. I think Kostitsyn is a better player. But I don't watch Lupul every game like Ducks fans do so maybe I'm missing some of what he does. (e.g. he seems physically uninvolved and defensively just mediocre to me - even without the slight production advantage, I like Kostitsyn's game better).

At any rate, I'd rather not have either of them locked up at $4.25M for 2 more years. So even if I thought Lupul was a little bit better, which I don't, I'd still rather have Kostitsyn based on his contract status.