HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Speculation: Marian Gaborik (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=874747)

SR 02-09-2011 11:15 AM

Marian Gaborik
 
What do you think fellas? Sather and Maloney have some trade history and from the looks, Sather owes us a favor for the Rozi trade.

What would it take to land Gaborik?

There is a rumor out there that he is somewhat on the market.

zz 02-09-2011 11:18 AM

Why would the Rangers trade Gaborik?

Alberta Yote 02-09-2011 11:41 AM

A few things that I can think that it would take...

1. An owner
2. A playmaking center that could get him the puck
3. Someone to take Jovo's contract for a much lower priced replacement
4. A real hard swallow and acceptance of the prospects we'd need to give up

indczn 02-09-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz (Post 30767573)
Why would the Rangers trade Gaborik?

I can't come up with a reason.


Gaborik would be a very good fit for the Coyotes though.

PhoPhan 02-09-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indczn (Post 30769344)
I can't come up with a reason.


Gaborik would be a very good fit for the Coyotes though.

He'd be a good fit for literally every team in the NHL. He's a gamebreaking talent.

Which is why there's no chance the Coyotes can pry him from New York.

Colt45Blast 02-09-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indczn (Post 30769344)
I can't come up with a reason.


Gaborik would be a very good fit for the Coyotes though.

Given that the Coyotes system is like the the one in Minnesota he wil go back to his yearly groin injury if he does play here. Id rather have Parise than a high risk player in Gaborik.

Dolemite 02-09-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indczn (Post 30769344)
I can't come up with a reason.


Gaborik would be a very good fit for the Coyotes though.

As a poster said on these boards many moons ago (paraphrasing):

Gaborik is one of the greatest talents in the NHL. Gaborki's groin muscle is one of the weakest talents in the NHL.

That and the Rangers are going with a youth movement at the moment.

Sceva Sct 02-09-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaPride (Post 30771199)
Given that the Coyotes system is like the the one in Minnesota he wil go back to his yearly groin injury if he does play here. Id rather have Parise than a high risk player in Gaborik.

This was my first thought as well. He'd be just as unhappy playing in our system as he was playing in Minnesota's system.

Magnifique 02-09-2011 01:57 PM

I don't think our system is quite as defensive as the the Wild's.

LT 02-09-2011 02:08 PM

How do we do anything with no owner?

Colt45Blast 02-09-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT (Post 30773007)
How do we do anything with no owner?

We didnt have an owner last season and still made moves at the deadline. It won't be anything major but somethings can be done.

LT 02-09-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaPride (Post 30773366)
We didnt have an owner last season and still made moves at the deadline. It won't be anything major but somethings can be done.

Agreed but not a major move like that.

ducky 02-09-2011 03:01 PM

As a salary dump he may not bring as big a return as he should but probably still more than we would want to part with. He would look great on Hanzals' wing and with Yandle and Whitney on the powerplay though.

As others mentioned, next to zero chance we could trade for him (before owner) given his $7.5 million per year price tag.

zz 02-09-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolemite (Post 30771389)
As a poster said on these boards many moons ago (paraphrasing):

Gaborik is one of the greatest talents in the NHL. Gaborki's groin muscle is one of the weakest talents in the NHL.

That and the Rangers are going with a youth movement at the moment.

Still. The Rangers should make the playoffs, or at the very least they should think they will. Why would they unload their #2 scorer right now?

87turbobuick 02-09-2011 05:38 PM

The next corner Gaborik goes into will be his first. He would never get the ice time with this coaching staff. Way overpaid at 7.5 for the next few years. He is softer than toilet paper.

Dolemite 02-09-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz (Post 30774778)
Still. The Rangers should make the playoffs, or at the very least they should think they will. Why would they unload their #2 scorer right now?

They aren't built to make a run at the cup yet. They just don't have the depth. Unloading Gaborik can help the Rangers with their long term goal of organizational stability with the players they get in return.

PHX FireBirds18 02-09-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87turbobuick (Post 30776780)
The next corner Gaborik goes into will be his first. He would never get the ice time with this coaching staff. Way overpaid at 7.5 for the next few years. He is softer than toilet paper.

You underrate Gaborik's defensive game.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.