HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Blocked Shot - Hit Testicle (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=875455)

two out of three* 02-10-2011 01:43 PM

Blocked Shot - Hit Testicle

I wasn't wearing a cup last night.. And I dove out to block a shot, and of course.. Right in the left nut. Its pretty swollen/bruised, but I am not pee'ing blood or anything.. But the pain is still VERY excruciating.

What are some signs to tell if it is ruptured?

Crossbar Ping 02-10-2011 01:48 PM

i think the fact that your here talking about means its not ruptured lol.

you gotta be more careful than that!

kr580 02-10-2011 02:03 PM

Tough break. Bet you won't forget your cup ever again.

As for the question: ask a doctor, not a forum.

SouthpawTRK 02-10-2011 02:28 PM

Sorry to hear about your injury, hope you feel better soon. I would definitely go see the doctor; better safe than sorry.

ponder 02-10-2011 02:42 PM

Why oh why would you not wear a cup? But yeah, get yourself to the doctor immediately, you're really not gonna get an accurate diagnosis from HF boards.

WhipNash27 02-10-2011 03:31 PM

Something similar happened to me in paintball. I never got it checked out (which was probably stupid, although I've had physicals done and my doctor hasn't noted anything odd down there), hit my left nut. I was in pain for a couple weeks, although I don't know that it really swelled too much.

Could just imagine how much a ice cold puck that's much bigger than a paintball feels. Since then, I never do any kind of activity in which a projectile can come at high speeds toward me without a cup. One time I forgot my cup, and instead of playing without one, I immediately went to the proshop and bought a new one. If they were closed I would have went home. No way I'm taking that chance.

blueberrydanish 02-10-2011 03:33 PM

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

WhipNash27 02-10-2011 03:41 PM

I think an alternate question would be is why would you willingly go down to block a shot knowing that you had no cup on? At the very least when you go down, your hand's gotta be cupping your balls.

BlackDog13 02-10-2011 03:49 PM

You've already gotten the best answer several times...

Phone.Call.Doctor.Now.

Hopefully nothing is damaged beyond recovery, next time protect both heads. Helmet up high, cup down low.

CarlWinslow 02-10-2011 03:52 PM

Ouch. I've forgotten my cup but when I do I don't lay down to block shots.

Chairman Maouth 02-10-2011 03:59 PM

http://www.musclecars.net/parts/part...0496372850.jpg

Jarick 02-10-2011 04:04 PM

1. What an awful name for a topic
2. Doctor ASAP

AIREAYE 02-10-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parrish (Post 30808629)
You deserve it.

Anyone that blocks a shot that is hard enough to cause real pain without a cup is a complete idiot. I don't block shots at all unless it's a playoff game. I mean seriously you likely play in a beer league (same as i do ), so what is the point? sacrifice the body for a game that all of about 30 people care about?

It's about intensity, it takes balls (no pun intended) to block shots, especially without a cup. It may not be the smartest thing to do, but it takes a lot of courage and he demonstrated that he is a team player with spirit, beer league or no.

habfaninvictoria 02-10-2011 06:28 PM

A cup is something you only forget to wear ONCE!

kr580 02-10-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parrish (Post 30808629)
You deserve it.

Anyone that blocks a shot that is hard enough to cause real pain without a cup is a complete idiot. I don't block shots at all unless it's a playoff game. I mean seriously you likely play in a beer league (same as i do ), so what is the point? sacrifice the body for a game that all of about 30 people care about?

I block shots all the time (no sliding pad stacks though) and it hurts sometimes but it's fun. It's a mild rush to step in front of a guy winding up and if you succeed it feels good. Now, blocking shots without a cup isn't the greatest idea but with a cup on there's no reason you shouldn't if you don't mind a stinger now and again.

thedonger 02-10-2011 07:02 PM

maybe you need to change your name to one out of two?

seriously, go to the ER.

The Tikkanen 02-10-2011 08:48 PM

I keep an extra cup in my bag just in case. As for your injury, check for swelling, discoloration, blood in the urine. I guess if you don't go to the doctor the least you can do is ice it down, which should feel awesome.

ShawnTHW 02-10-2011 08:48 PM

If there is ever a need for this emoticon, NOW is the time......

:facepalm:

Not wearing a cup? That's ballsy :naughty:

Finnish your Czech 02-10-2011 09:02 PM

I ALWAYS have an extra jock in my bag.

johnnyvegas 02-10-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedonger (Post 30811260)
maybe you need to change your name to one out of two?

:laugh:

Razzmatazz 02-10-2011 10:57 PM

:facepalm:

Seriously, if it's that important of a game where you have to put your life on the line...turn around and block it with your butt.

Jesus Christ, how stupid are people...?

hlrsr 02-11-2011 12:36 AM

At least stuff a sock or something down there. Jeez..

BPR* 02-11-2011 12:46 AM

The OP made me laugh and cringe. I have nothing else to add.

umpft 02-11-2011 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria (Post 30810196)
A cup is something you only forget to wear ONCE!

I agree!

It's a dilemma. People often have a spare cup, the question is, would you ask for it before stepping on the ice for practice or not?

If you do, good chances are that you're going to get one, but would you wear it? Yuck!

And if nobody has a spare one, then now all your team mates know you're not wearing one and... depending on who your team mates are, it might not be a good thing. :sarcasm:

Parrish 02-11-2011 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIREAYE (Post 30809243)
It's about intensity, it takes balls (no pun intended) to block shots, especially without a cup. It may not be the smartest thing to do, but it takes a lot of courage and he demonstrated that he is a team player with spirit, beer league or no.

There is a difference in playing with intensity and being stupid. If you are going to block shots be fully geared . . . should be obvious.

At the rink I play (a Canlan) you aren't even able to play organized 5on5 hockey without full gear. They enforce this rule like any remotely well ran facility would.