HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Rumor: Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XI (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=875989)

William H Bonney 02-11-2011 03:52 PM

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XI

Last thread is at its limit. Please continue here. Thanks.

DAkings20 02-11-2011 04:15 PM

Eklund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lafan13 02-11-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAkings20 (Post 30834296)

????? shouldn't the Words Eklund be censored out with mature content filter... Emphasis on mature...

onlyalad 02-11-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAkings20 (Post 30834296)

Big news: At least one team from the East or maybe West will make a trade with one or more teams from the East or West, unless there are no more trades (e2)

Maynard 02-11-2011 04:28 PM

LeBrun: Kings interested in Hemsky?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...-wings-waiting

Telos 02-11-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maynard (Post 30834578)

The Kings are interested in everyone. I would take Hemsky if Kopitar is put in a better position to score rather than the half-boards.

DIEHARD the King fan 02-11-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maynard (Post 30834578)

Isn't he still out?

FroFan 02-11-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan (Post 30834738)
Isn't he still out?

No, he's played in Edmonton's last 5 games (didn't look further back than that).

TonySCV 02-11-2011 04:46 PM

Lombardi via nothelen: "what we really need, I think, some of our [players] to step up a little bit at Crunch time. That's still most important." On Kopitar's struggles: "That's part of the process of maturation and learning how to win."

You could take that any number of ways or just dismiss it, but Dean loves dropping hints when he talks, so my guess would be that "Who isn't stepping up at crunch time" = who will be moved by the trade deadline.

Won't be moved: Kopitar, Quick, Doughty, Johnson
Could be moved: Anyone else

DIEHARD the King fan 02-11-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FroFan (Post 30834881)
No, he's played in Edmonton's last 5 games (didn't look further back than that).

You missed the long-term humor value of my remark.

Yes, I know he's been playing but you would have had to been following the GDT's vs EDM for a long time to get the humor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV (Post 30834961)
Lombardi via nothelen: "what we really need, I think, some of our [players] to step up a little bit at Crunch time. That's still most important." On Kopitar's struggles: "That's part of the process of maturation and learning how to win."

You could take that any number of ways or just dismiss it, but Dean loves dropping hints when he talks, so my guess would be that "Who isn't stepping up at crunch time" = who will be moved by the trade deadline.

Won't be moved: Kopitar, Quick, Doughty, Johnson
Could be moved: Anyone else

I dont disagree, but for how long will we continue to hear that the players need to step it up. THATS OBVIOUS.

The question remains what will DL do to help improve the current situation other than stating the OBVIOUS.

Boba Fettuccine 02-11-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan (Post 30835090)
I dont disagree, but for how long will we continue to hear that the players need to step it up. THATS OBVIOUS.

The question remains what will DL do to help improve the current situation other than stating the OBVIOUS.

At least Brown and Kopitar have been split up in practice

Step 1: OSH
Step 2: Keep them split up

drugold 02-11-2011 05:15 PM

I cant handle this trade deadline anxiety. Every morning I drink a cup of coffee and check this website before work waiting to see, in all foredoomed hope, that Lombardi has pulled the trigger and pants'd someone that isnt us. I feel like the lone little boy, sitting on the curb after school, waiting for his parents to remember to pick him up. please pick me up soon dad, its starting to get dark. . .

Buddy The Elf 02-11-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drugold (Post 30835583)
I cant handle this trade deadline anxiety. Every morning I drink a cup of coffee and check this website before work waiting to see, in all foredoomed hope, that Lombardi has pulled the trigger and pants'd someone that isnt us. I feel like the lone little boy, sitting on the curb after school, waiting for his parents to remember to pick him up. please pick me up soon dad, its starting to get dark. . .

You might want to start walking!

Boba Fettuccine 02-11-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf (Post 30836211)
You might want to start walking!

or cut out the morning coffee

yankeeking 02-11-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

you only do this before work? The next two weeks will most likely turn into last july/august where all I do is refresh evrey few hours only to be left with..........well at least I got a new poni then doesn't seem likely we get too much anytime soon, once penner ends up in montreal and hemsky in atlanta I can go back to work

DIEHARD the King fan 02-11-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeeking (Post 30836561)
you only do this before work? The next two weeks will most likely turn into last july/august where all I do is refresh evrey few hours only to be left with..........well at least I got a new poni then doesn't seem likely we get too much anytime soon, once penner ends up in montreal and hemsky in atlanta I can go back to work

If you check this board like most of us, your productivity at work suffers.

Judging by how often some of us post, its a good bet many of us arent productive at all.

hauspaint 02-11-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan (Post 30836648)

Judging by how often some of us post, its a good bet many of us arent productive at all.

No wonder our economy is in bad shape..:sarcasm:

johnjm22 02-11-2011 06:10 PM

Considering what Beauchamin and Fisher returned, it's gonna take some significant assets to land Hemsky. Seller's market...

johnjm22 02-11-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan (Post 30836648)

I work for the government. Productivity is looked down upon around here. :)

drugold 02-11-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeeking (Post 30836561)

No, I do it all day. Though due to time differential, trades are mostly confirmed when I first get up. So if I get up and nothing has happened it will stay that way all day until next morning. So checking later on in the day isnt so dramatic because I know nothing is going to happen apart from Eklund rumours and Gaborik/Vanek/Hemsky/Penner trade proposals

etherialone 02-11-2011 06:26 PM

I have heard that the ball is in DL's court in a deal that could give us a little help and not cost a roster player but who knows?

DAkings20 02-11-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 30837316)
I have heard that the ball is in DL's court in a deal that could give us a little help and not cost a roster player but who knows?

I've heard that we need more than a little help

etherialone 02-11-2011 06:36 PM

I agree but if the rumored deal is all that we do then we will both be sadly left out.

Still, I will be happy if we make it through this deadline without having dealt away our promising young kids for aging often injured could have been's.

Scottkmlps 02-11-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 30837316)

Well then spill the beans.

Fat Elvis 02-11-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottkmlps (Post 30838257)
Well then spill the beans.

Ya, come on Tonnelli. Or do you got to talk it over with Tim Watters?