HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Colin Wilson to Toronto (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=876865)

Visnovsky 02-13-2011 05:04 AM

Colin Wilson to Toronto

While talking BS in another thread, i was thinking of this:

What would it take to get Colin Wilson to Toronto?

I think Gunnarsson and T-Bo could be the starting point. I honestly don't know how much Nashville-fans value Wilson, but i like to think that it's not too much.

And please, flame away. :handclap:

Paranoid Android 02-13-2011 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visnovsky (Post 30879850)

I think Gunnarsson and T-Bo could be the starting point. I honestly don't know how much Nashville-fans value Wilson, but i like to think that it's not too much.

It's the complete opposite. Nashville fans are very high on Wilson. We traded Vokoun for Florida's 1st round pick. Then traded a 2nd round pick to move up two spots in the draft in order to select him. Poile wanted him bad. It will take a lot of convincing to pry Wilson away.

David Krejci 02-13-2011 08:44 AM

2012 1st
2012 2nd
2013 1st

Why the hell would Nashville not value Wilson high? lol

triggrman 02-13-2011 08:48 AM

Why would Nashville, a team that needs more offense trade away one of their very few young offensive players? Wilson and SK are the best 2 offensive players Nashville has right now.

predfan24 02-13-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visnovsky (Post 30879850)

How much do we value him? Well let's see:

7th overall pick
Hockey East rookie of the year
Hobey Baker finalist while winning the NCCA championship
Destroyed the NCAA as a sophomore.
After he got healthy his rookie year proved too good for the AHL.
Physically is built like a mack truck already.

He's a young player with lots of skill and size. Once he develops some consistency, Watch out

Ron Barr 02-13-2011 09:27 AM

Wilson's not going anywhere. He's gonna be a stud for Nashville real soon.

Ricky Bobby 02-13-2011 10:05 AM

It would take a big overpayment that Leafs fans wouldn't be prepared for unless they were willing to part with something like Schenn or Kulemin.

Wilson is looking like he is going to be a very good low end first line center/high end second line center very soon.

Paradise 02-13-2011 10:17 AM

Colin Wilson has all the skill to be a 1C, but the guy is a complete @..

BringBackStevens 02-13-2011 10:18 AM

Wilson looks like he's going to shape up to be a real solid player. Why would the preds even think about moving him for 2 run of the mill players?

Abyss 02-13-2011 10:53 AM

crazy how fast some leaf fans turned on Gunnarsson and Bozak

FrozenJagrt 02-13-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abyss (Post 30882153)
crazy how fast some leaf fans turned on Gunnarsson and Bozak

How is it turning on them to include them in a deal for a top prospect?

token grinder 02-13-2011 11:02 AM

If the OP wants to know value, I think that is a fair question.

I think since Wilson is on his first contract and has proven he can hang in the NHL, I think he is higher than a prospect. Thinking his next contract will be cheap (2-3 million a year, provided he can hits 40-50 points next year) I think that adds a bit more to his value. For Nashville to part with him I would think it would take the equivalent of 2 first round picks, whether that be 2 firsts or good prospect plus a first.

now i pause is that value bc the price may be high, but I think his contract adds value to him. as a player he isn't worth 2 firsts until you factor in age, contract, and potential.

Drew311 02-13-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 30880752)
Why would Nashville, a team that needs more offense trade away one of their very few young offensive players? Wilson and SK are the best 2 offensive players Nashville has right now.

Wow that's scary.

Soundgarden 02-13-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew311 (Post 30884187)
Wow that's scary.

It's probably because you don't watch the preds, but SK has actually been one of, if not the, best playmakers Nashville's seen and for only 550K too. Wilson's shown flashes of 1st line material and it should be sooner rather then later that he'll start racking up the points, he just needs some more confidence.

alpine4life 02-13-2011 01:32 PM

The Value of Wilson is high but what NAS would want for him would scare Burke enough to see no negotiation what-so-ever regarding Colin Wilson.

Like another poster said, he was the player that Poile wanted in '08 and now that he's a Predator, he's there to stay.

FrozenJagrt 02-13-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK All Day (Post 30885692)
@ ace.......he was talking about kostitsyn...........................read before commenting

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundgarden (Post 30884784)
It's probably because you don't watch the preds, but SK has actually been one of, if not the, best playmakers Nashville's seen and for only 550K too. Wilson's shown flashes of 1st line material and it should be sooner rather then later that he'll start racking up the points, he just needs some more confidence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradise (Post 30885103)
[/B]

Lol, I personally know his sister and confidence is definitely not an issue. He actually has a big ego, lol.

...?

Reign Nateo 02-13-2011 01:35 PM

Nashville is on a perpetual budget, young, key players on cheap contracts are huge for them. Especially ones they've developed their way. I see little in Toronto that would do much to entice the Preds.

SilasAdams 02-13-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace14 (Post 30885941)

...?

point proven

ACE> ME
i owe you a apology. u owned me.

triggrman 02-13-2011 01:43 PM

No..

barrytrotzsneck 02-13-2011 02:50 PM

Wiilson pretty clearly has an ego, reading his blog or hearing him talk are enough to verify that.

The question is...who cares? People act like cocky athletes are the worst thing imaginable. If Wilson has half the career of a "cocky" forward like Hull or Roenick, then he can toot his own horn all he wants.

Sorry if I don't think an "ego" is a good reason to trade a guy that's likely going to hit or pass 20 goals in his first full season playing third line minutes with shaky linemates.

TheLaughsWeKnow* 02-13-2011 02:51 PM

I'm not interested in Wilson and Ron Wilson.

Paradise 02-13-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck (Post 30888965)
Wiilson pretty clearly has an ego, reading his blog or hearing him talk are enough to verify that.

The question is...who cares? People act like cocky athletes are the worst thing imaginable. If Wilson has half the career of a "cocky" forward like Hull or Roenick, then he can toot his own horn all he wants.

Sorry if I don't think an "ego" is a good reason to trade a guy that's likely going to hit or pass 20 goals in his first full season playing third line minutes with shaky linemates.

I don't think you should trade Wilson, I was just commenting on his ego as it relates to his confidence.

ThirdManIn 02-13-2011 04:24 PM

There's a huge difference in being arrogant in every day life and being confidence in yourself on the ice playing against the best players in the world. In my opinion the point was well-made, but then I've only seen every game he has played in this league,

I Will Son 02-13-2011 04:30 PM

Wilson may have an ego, but its not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be... But anyways the Leafs dont really have anything id want and Wilson is far to valuable for us. Im not trading him

ThirdManIn 02-13-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Will Son (Post 30893305)
Wilson may have an ego, but its not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be... But anyways the Leafs dont really have anything id want and Wilson is far to valuable for us. Im not trading him

Haha exactly. I have an ego. It's not that I'm arrogant; it's because I'm a human. And also because I'm better than most people :sarcasm: