HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Toronto / Tampa bay (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=876974)

Leaf junkie 02-13-2011 12:25 PM

Toronto / Tampa bay
 
:leafs

D Brett Lebda

:bolts

G Mike Smith



Tampa is looking for another d-man and Yzerman is familiar whith Lebda.
Toronto aquires a back up goalie if they decide to move Giguerre

bretzky29ca* 02-13-2011 12:26 PM

I'll counter that proposal by sending Tampa Bay defenceman Keith Aulie in exchange for goaltender Dustin Tokarski.

Vladimir Tarasenko* 02-13-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bretzky29ca (Post 30884185)
I'll counter that proposal by sending Tampa Bay defenceman Keith Aulie in exchange for goaltender Dustin Tokarski.

Big no from T.O on this one.

We have like 0 need for tokarski.

Bish Please 02-13-2011 12:29 PM

Smith's contract ends this season while Lebda still has another year. Plus considering Yzerman already passed on Lebda I doubt he's interested.

Regina Pat 02-13-2011 12:29 PM

We tajke the Lebda deal and run. Have fun at with the Him and his -1,400,000 stat.

Leafssss 02-13-2011 12:35 PM

How bout:

To Toronto:
Harju

To Tampa:
Mikus/Holzer

TML g u n n e R s* 02-13-2011 12:37 PM

lebda for a hot dog and coke E4

Bish Please 02-13-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outrageous Leafs Fan (Post 30884397)
How bout:

To Toronto:
Harju

To Tampa:
Mikus/Holzer

I'll pass.

thinkinfeller 02-13-2011 12:40 PM

Lebda is useless, and would maybe fetch a 6th round pick from a contender looking for a #7 D-man for a cup run. We don't need another goalie, even if Giguere is moved. Burke would likely go with Gus and Reimer.

Still All In 02-13-2011 12:48 PM

Naahhhh.

wej20 02-13-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkinfeller (Post 30884554)
Lebda is useless, and would maybe fetch a 6th round pick from a contender looking for a #7 D-man for a cup run. We don't need another goalie, even if Giguere is moved. Burke would likely go with Gus and Reimer.

probably wouldn't fetch a 6th because he's signed next year, at next year's deadline they might be able to get a late rounder for him.

zoolodge* 02-13-2011 12:51 PM

This deal would not even be possible when Toronto still has giguere. We already have a problem with 3 goalies on the team and adding one more doesn't help unless we unload giguere's contract first.

Leaf junkie 02-13-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkinfeller (Post 30884554)
Lebda is useless, and would maybe fetch a 6th round pick from a contender looking for a #7 D-man for a cup run. We don't need another goalie, even if Giguere is moved. Burke would likely go with Gus and Reimer.

rather have Lebda be a #7 d-man on another team than ours

and Smith is an insurance policy due to gus 's hart

LEAFANFORLIFE23 02-13-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf junkie (Post 30884154)
:leafs

D Brett Lebda

:bolts

G Mike Smith



Tampa is looking for another d-man and Yzerman is familiar whith Lebda.
Toronto aquires a back up goalie if they decide to move Giguerre

or we could not take Mike simth and just GIVE Lebda to them for free or as close to free as possible like maybe a 7th

OG Kuch 02-13-2011 01:10 PM

Tampa wants an upgrade on D, not a downgrade. Pass.

Dekar 02-13-2011 01:21 PM

This trade is essentially the Leafs adding a goalie and a defenseman (by removing a black hole of a defenceman in Lebderp).

SuperSaiyanBeastmode 02-13-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad2891 (Post 30885397)
Tampa wants an upgrade on D, not a downgrade. Pass.

Well then, kaberle for ashton+2nd?

OG Kuch 02-13-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kesselsnapSHOT (Post 30886358)
Well then, kaberle for ashton+2nd?

I don't see Ashton coming into play for a rental. I think something like Harju, Wright, Mihalik, 2nd would be closer.

TheLaughsWeKnow* 02-13-2011 02:54 PM

Both teams say no

mstad101 02-13-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad2891 (Post 30886571)
I don't see Ashton coming into play for a rental. I think something like Harju, Wright, Mihalik, 2nd would be closer.

I honestly think Kabs re-signs with TBL if he is traded their. They are a PP team, and are Playoff bound. Plus look to have a pretty good future. Plus SY as GM, Kabs would def sign a nice deal n Tampa would be even more scary on the PP.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.