HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Oilers - Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=877092)

DrChill 02-13-2011 03:40 PM

Oilers - Kings

To Oilers: Brayden Schenn
To Kings: Dustin Penner

mstad101 02-13-2011 03:44 PM

Colten Tuebert 2nd round pick for Dustin Penner sounds more like the value.

You'd get better value trade wise, moving Hemsky. Penner is valuable because he brings a rarity to Edm's forward corps. Where Hemsky being a perimeter player lacking size, Edm has that in spades.
Hemsky could turn Kopitar into the goal scorer, n Kopi had 30 or close to goals last season.

Jwm1986 02-13-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstad101 (Post 30891302)
Colten Tuebert 2nd round pick for Dustin Penner sounds more like the value.

You'd get better value trade wise, moving Hemsky. Penner is valuable because he brings a rarity to Edm's forward corps. Where Hemsky being a perimeter player lacking size, Edm has that in spades.
Hemsky could turn Kopitar into the goal scorer, n Kopi had 30 or close to goals last season.

Kopitar is already a 30+ goal scorer....Maybe Hemsky will get him to 40!!

dnicks17 02-13-2011 03:49 PM

http://images2.memegenerator.net/Ima...=Charlie-Brown

I'm sure LA fans are tired of telling everyone they aren't trading Schenn.

Jwm1986 02-13-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrChill (Post 30891152)

Yeah, i dont think so....But the Kings could use Penner....We will give you one of our top end Dman prospects in a deal for him....something you guys desperately need....

Shellz 02-13-2011 03:51 PM

Holy **** no. This has been typed to death.

funky 02-13-2011 03:57 PM

didn't I read this already this week

answer = no.

I will keep my prospect who should get 60 points a year for the next 15 years for your established guy who scores around 60 a year but is a free agent in 2

WithOutPaperss 02-13-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funky (Post 30891740)
didn't I read this already this week

answer = no.

I will keep my prospect who should get 60 points a year for the next 15 years for your established guy who scores around 60 a year but is a free agent in 2

What else can you tell me about the future? Who will win the cup in 2030?

jumptheshark 02-13-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrChill (Post 30891152)

LA says no and oiler fans know this trade would never happen

ItsTheBGB 02-13-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WithOutPaperss (Post 30892630)

:handclap::handclap:

Tatsdzyuk 02-13-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WithOutPaperss (Post 30892630)

Quit trolling Kings are not going to trade Schenn for Penner anyways.

Reaper45 02-13-2011 04:37 PM

No, no, no, dear god no.

rajuabju 02-13-2011 04:41 PM

Better trade:

Schenn for Paajarvi

WithOutPaperss 02-13-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatsdzyuk (Post 30893484)
Quit trolling Kings are not going to trade Schenn for Penner anyways.

Obviously I know that, I'm not even an Oilers fan, Kings are my 2nd favourite team.

kingsfan 02-13-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnicks17 (Post 30891464)
http://images2.memegenerator.net/Ima...=Charlie-Brown

I'm sure LA fans are tired of telling everyone they aren't trading Schenn.

Yep. Also tired of telling Oilers fans they overrate Penner.

jumptheshark 02-13-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 30894923)

news flash

99% of the oiler fanbase do not over rate hiim he a slow power forward who gets mostly garbage goals

I am getting fed up of oiler fans being judge by 1 or 2 idiot fans who have no clue

if you go through most of the previous schenn to oiler threads

most oiler fans believe if schenn came on the market it would cost ATLEAST Hemsky, gagner and either a future 1st rounder or this years second rounder

misfit 02-13-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStig (Post 30895093)
news flash

99% of the oiler fanbase do not over rate hiim he a slow power forward who gets mostly garbage goals

I am getting fed up of oiler fans being judge by 1 or 2 idiot fans who have no clue

most oiler fans believe if schenn came on the market it would cost ATLEAST Hemsky, gagner and either a future 1st rounder or this years second rounder

WHAT?!

dabeechman 02-13-2011 05:15 PM

FFS! Again!?

kingsfan 02-13-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStig (Post 30895093)
news flash

Unless you account for that 99%, then you are mistaken. I have read enough Penner for Schenn threads to write a book on it and it's not many that are created by Kings fans.

And if you can find me one thread staretd by an Oiler fan where an offer of Hemsky, Gagner and a 1st/2nd for Schenn was made, I'll be shocked. Most seem to think it'd cost Schenn+ for Hemsky.

CSimpson18 02-13-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 30894923)

I'm tired of reading it. If people don't want to hear this stuff dont enter the thread, it's pretty simple.

I'm impressed with how many Kings fans there are on here, they always are around to make alot of noise. I'm not impressed by their average understanding of value.

Shellz 02-13-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSimpson18 (Post 30895289)
I'm tired of reading it. If people don't want to hear this stuff dont enter the thread, it's pretty simple.

I'm impressed with how many Kings fans there are on here, they always are around to make alot of noise. I'm not impressed by their average understanding of value.

Hahah. Nice shot at Kings fans. Get over yourself. Like Oiler fans have a better understanding or any fanbase for that reason.

kingsfan 02-13-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSimpson18 (Post 30895289)

Vice versa with Oilers fans. We have aligned our view of value with our GM's, by and large, and I'd venture Oilers fans have as well with their GM. Maybe take a look at the standings and understand where that's gotten you. If you guys want Schenn's for Penner's, you'll be waiting a while to see that materialize.

CSimpson18 02-13-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 30895388)
Vice versa with Oilers fans. We have aligned our view of value with our GM's, by and large, and I'd venture Oilers fans have as well with their GM. Maybe take a look at the standings and understand where that's gotten you. If you guys want Schenn's for Penner's, you'll be waiting a while to see that materialize.

Hah, sorry but Oiler fans have no confidence whatsoever in our management team even though Lowe got us within 2 goals of the Stanley Cup. For the record most reasonable Oiler fans are expecting Hemsky to get a nice return because we can afford to be patient and wait for a desperate GM to come knocking. I for one would give up Hemsky+ for Schenn but not Hemsky++++ like HF Kings fans seem to expect.

When was the last time the Kings won a playoff series? It's happened once in 18 years, I don't know what you have to be so cocky about. Neither of our franchises have done much since Gretzky but at least we had that run. Regular season is pretty meaningless and the Kings aren't even sitting in a playoff spot. I'd rather be dead last than 9th in the conference despite icing a nice roster...

Penner is severely underrated. Biggest strongest scoring forward in the league, good for 30/30, value contract, good team guy. You wish you had a winger like that and he's not even our best.

edit- Didn't mean to ignore Dustin Brown. Nice player.

Blikian29 02-13-2011 06:10 PM

If or when Penner and Hemsky are dealt, the return is going to severely piss off Oilers fans.

dnicks17 02-13-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blikian29 (Post 30896556)
If or when Penner and Hemsky are dealt, the return is going to severely piss off the delusional Oilers fans.

You missed an important adjective.