HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Florida - Colorado - L.A. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=877915)

DapperDan 02-15-2011 01:45 AM

Florida - Colorado - L.A.

To LA: David Booth and Bryan McCabe (ufa)

To FLA: David Jones (rfa), Oscar Moller, Ryan Stoa, LA 1st, and COL 2nd

To COL: Alexei Ponikarovsky (ufa), Davis Drewiske, Colten Teubert, and Colby Robak

LA gives up Ponikarovsky, Moller, Drewiske, Teubert, 1st
LA gets Booth and McCabe

FLA gives up Booth, McCabe, Robak
FLA gets Jones, Moller, Stoa, LA 1st, COL 2nd

COL gives Jones, Stoa, 2nd
COL gets Ponikarovsky, Drewiske, Teubert, Robak

LA gets a huge boost for the playoffs
Florida shores up the future of its forward core
Colorado improves its defensive depth

Pual Statsny 02-15-2011 01:56 AM

Meh. It's not defensive depth that the Avs are lacking, we have about 20 6-7 dmen, it's talent (outside of shattenkirk and liles)

DapperDan 02-15-2011 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedgeduck (Post 30932532)
Meh. It's not defensive depth that the Avs are lacking, we have about 20 6-7 dmen, it's talent (outside of shattenkirk and liles)

I was thinking more along the lines of toughness on the backend. Drewiske and Robak are more versatile (with Robak, as I see it, having the higher offensive potential). Both are still big bodies and play solid defensively. Then Teubert is more of a wild card but he checks and fights with the best of them (think a poor man's Adam Foote).

kingsfan 02-15-2011 09:26 AM

I don't think we need McCabe really. That said, it's the fairest proposal I've seen out there on Booth in a while, even though it's still not a price I'd pay.

Ollie Weeks 02-15-2011 09:51 AM

I think the Kings would perhaps need to upgrade the pieces sent to Colorado. Martinez instead of Drewiske, perhaps.

Otherwise, surprisingly fair. Although its a hell of a push by LA, grabbing both Booth and McCabe.

AMDZen 02-15-2011 09:59 AM

Wow, and the Avs get screwed hard on this one.

rajuabju 02-15-2011 10:10 AM

I'm not a huge fan of Booth, but value-wise, this seems pretty fair. Panthers may need to give up a mid-round pick to CO.

quesosauce 02-15-2011 10:12 AM

avs would need a lil more, and jones is becoming harder to give up due to the fact that hes actually playing and playing well, i think hes second on the team in goals with 20

Gudbranson44 02-15-2011 11:24 AM

if robak was changed to someone like comrie id be more happy with it

AwesomePanthers 02-15-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoisournextbure (Post 30937630)
if robak was changed to someone like comrie id be more happy with it

Same here. I'd hate to give up Robak if there isn't an outstanding prospect coming in return.

Pyke* 02-15-2011 11:29 AM

So the Avs give up Stoa, Jones and a 2nd, and get nothing of value back?

Teubert is near a bust, and Robak is meh.

Vote for Rory 02-15-2011 11:32 AM

for a 3 way trade, which almost always fails because someone gets screwed, this actually isn't half bad. It would never happen, but it actually looks decent value wise.

Shaun_W_W 02-15-2011 11:35 AM

Bad deal for the Avs

CNS 02-15-2011 11:47 AM

Kings give up a lot

rajuabju 02-15-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyke (Post 30937761)
So the Avs give up Stoa, Jones and a 2nd, and get nothing of value back?

Teubert is near a bust, and Robak is meh.

Yea, seriously.... 20 year old D, first year in the AHL, he's practically a bust in my book.

I cant believe he hasnt taken over for Doughty or Johnson already.

yeesh.

mrjimmyg89 02-15-2011 01:28 PM

Looks like La gets screwed.

Tuebert, Moller and a 1st does not equal Booth. Mccabe is not as valuable as 2 roster players as a rental at this point. No way LA signs off on this. Colorado and Florida would, but not LA.

Kurrilino 02-15-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 (Post 30940425)

Tuebert, Moller and a 1st does not equal Booth. Mccabe is not as valuable as 2 roster players as a rental at this point. No way LA signs off on this. Colorado and Florida would, but not LA.

I agree with that.
3 way deals aren't usually helping. If we wanna plug our LW hole
we should trade directly with someone and we should be prepared to pay the price
for the real deal.

I would advice to stay away from anyone this year.
Too many buyers and to few sellers.
We are not a Booth away from the cup. And of course we should stay away
from rental players

Anonymous028 02-15-2011 02:08 PM

Kings should be quiet this deadline, save for possible a minor deal to upgrade our forwards (stillman is a name that comes to mind)

AMDZen 02-15-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 (Post 30940425)

Wow, you must be mental if you think Colorado would sign off on this.

DapperDan 02-15-2011 08:07 PM

Since there's no consensus on which of the three teams is getting "screwed", I'll chalk up this one up as a winner :laugh:

DapperDan 02-15-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurrilino (Post 30941325)
I agree with that.
3 way deals aren't usually helping. If we wanna plug our LW hole
we should trade directly with someone and we should be prepared to pay the price
for the real deal.

I would advice to stay away from anyone this year.
Too many buyers and to few sellers.
We are not a Booth away from the cup. And of course we should stay away
from rental players

I disagree completely. You yourself have harped on about getting a LW scorer and Booth is it. And don't bring his numbers into this argument because you'll only show how little you know about his game. He's a scoring threat and an affordable one at that. Leaving Florida might be exactly what he needs to really break out. And why are we staying away from rentals? We should be using our prospect pool to take advantage now...not later. Booth and McCabe would revive our PP instantly, even with Murray and Kompon behind the bench.

Freudian 02-15-2011 08:29 PM

Less is more.

The majority of players included here doesn't fit any real need by the teams who get them.

Since the meat of the deal seems to be Booth+McCabe to LA, figure out what Florida would want. Avs doesn't have to be involved at all. Ponikarovski to a team 20 months into a rebuild? C'mon.

DapperDan 02-15-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freudian (Post 30954154)
Less is more.

The majority of players included here doesn't fit any real need by the teams who get them.

Since the meat of the deal seems to be Booth+McCabe to LA, figure out what Florida would want. Avs doesn't have to be involved at all. Ponikarovski to a team 20 months into a rebuild? C'mon.

Since when is Colorado rebuilding? The rebuilding team here is Florida and they get a nice infusion of forward talent and picks to boot. Team need is exactly what this trade addresses to each recipient.

Pual Statsny 02-15-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperDan (Post 30955346)
Since when is Colorado rebuilding? The rebuilding team here is Florida and they get a nice infusion of forward talent and picks to boot. Team need is exactly what this trade addresses to each recipient.

Since Colorado was third to last in the league in 2009 and drafted Duchene overall, unloaded several valuable veterans (see Smyth, Ryan) and their heart and soul captain retired. Just because they were the 8th seed last year doesn't mean they're rebuilding. We'll probably end up behind 12th in the west this year.

Freudian 02-15-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperDan (Post 30955346)

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_16990741

"When the Avs finished last in the Western Conference in 2008-09, team owner Stan Kroenke's mandate was rebuild. That meant dealing away or letting the contracts expire of all the older, most expensive signings of previous GM Francois Giguere, such as Ryan Smyth, Andrew Brunette, Ian Laperriere, Brett Clark, Darcy Tucker, Tyler Arnason and Jose Theodore. New GM Sherman was to get what he could for them in trade, and hold on to the draft picks owned by a team that finished 28th overall in 2009."

If you don't even know the Avs are rebuilding, I think you aren't in a good position to suggest what the team needs are. And no, Ponikarovski is not it.