HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   GDT: Game #57: at Edmonton, 2/15 (8:00 PM, FSSW, 1310 AM) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=878067)

piqued 02-15-2011 12:03 PM

Game #57: at Edmonton, 2/15 (8:00 PM, FSSW, 1310 AM)
 
Welcome to Edmonton

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...her/rexall.jpg

Hey, look, it's the Oilers again

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/da/fullj...f89e62d3ba.jpg

And they're still starting this guy

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...khabibulin.jpg

89% of the time the puck doesn't go in his net

So many people have come and gone
Their faces fade as the years go by
Yet I still recall as I wander on
as clear as the sun in the summer sky


Richards :help:
Benn :cry:
Grossman :puppy:
Burish :(
Sawada :ha:
Petersen :snow:
Barch :clap:

Apparently Crawford has decided to play Jason Williams on the point of the PP so we've fully stepped into the theater of the absurd.

It's nice though to be surrounded by our closest relatives as we lay on our deathbed

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/division.jpg

So cozy

Oh, and this happened


DaStars99 02-15-2011 12:06 PM

Go Stars

Captain Awesome 02-15-2011 12:33 PM

Yeesh, this is a downer of a GDT. Still funny though.

Frozen Failure 02-15-2011 12:41 PM

Best GDT ever.

Stars99Lobo37 02-15-2011 01:27 PM

Major lols if we get blown out in this one then have to face Calgary and Vancouver afterwards.

How fast things have changed.

Stars99Lobo37 02-15-2011 01:47 PM

Lehtonen in.

Grossman for sure out.

MB94 02-15-2011 01:54 PM

I'm scared for us tonight

MetalGodAOD* 02-15-2011 02:40 PM

Kari over Raycroft. Why? Calgary's the better team and the guys will be tired tomorrow night. Instead we get Raycroft letting in 3 goals in 7 shots again.

Quote:

Apparently Crawford has decided to play Jason Williams on the point of the PP so we've fully stepped into the theater of the absurd.
:facepalm:

glovesave_35 02-15-2011 03:36 PM

Re: Williams on the point....Am I the only one who would prefer, in this case, the devil we don't know rather than the devil we know. Langs has looked terrible there. Niskanen always looks terrible there. Daley and Robidas are serviceable but even that is being gracious given recent production.

Call me crazy but I also would like to see Neal on the point on the first PP unit with Robidas. Earlier in the season the Stars would occasionally go with a five forward unit, especially in the 5-on-3 set with Neal and Richards up top. It might be a good way to get him going again; it can't hurt anything.

Fly Like a C5 02-15-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnholyPrince (Post 30942167)
Kari over Raycroft. Why? Calgary's the better team and the guys will be tired tomorrow night. Instead we get Raycroft letting in 3 goals in 7 shots again.

Why not Kari? The team needs a win and Kari gives them the best chance.

MetalGodAOD* 02-15-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glovesave_35 (Post 30943625)
Re: Williams on the point....Am I the only one who would prefer, in this case, the devil we don't know rather than the devil we know. Langs has looked terrible there. Niskanen always looks terrible there. Daley and Robidas are serviceable but even that is being gracious given recent production.

Call me crazy but I also would like to see Neal on the point on the first PP unit with Robidas. Earlier in the season the Stars would occasionally go with a five forward unit, especially in the 5-on-3 set with Neal and Richards up top. It might be a good way to get him going again; it can't hurt anything.

I was thinking the same thing regarding Neal. He actually looked good on the point for that brief bit of time. Maybe it could spark up his assists.

catters078 02-15-2011 04:07 PM

This road trip determines our season IMO..if we flop and lose all 3, we will be 9th or 10th in the west and Joe will probably activley shop Brad..

But, As meatloaf says 2 out of 3 aint bad...if we can win 2 of the 3 road games we will be loading up for the playoffs IMO as we will get most of our bodies back after the swing..

Come on stars!!!

piqued 02-15-2011 04:23 PM

Neal looked good on the point during 5v3s. There's a huge difference between that and type of quick decisions you have to make and defense you have to play on a normal 5v4.

Hell, why not Petersen, since he's back? He did it pretty well in Iowa.

Ribs is an option as well.

Frozen Failure 02-15-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piqued (Post 30944934)
Neal looked good on the point during 5v3s. There's a huge difference between that and type of quick decisions you have to make and defense you have to play on a normal 5v4.

Hell, why not Petersen, since he's back? He did it pretty well in Iowa.

Ribs is an option as well.

Neal has a boomer of a shot....

Petersen... eh... Yeah I guess.

And Ribs doesn't shoot for crap from the point.

piqued 02-15-2011 04:39 PM

Yeah but think about the high-tips with Loui he could set up. That's basically their only chance to score on the PP anyway without Richards.

Cin 02-15-2011 05:22 PM

I'd rather see Neal on the half wall, take quick wristers. Maybe we can actually copy other teams and put somebody in front to screen the goalie! Nah... That'd make way too much sense.

crawz87 02-15-2011 05:34 PM

WTF kari in net against oilers? is he planing to put raycroft against Calgary, the same team that blew him out last time and plus Calgary is playing crazy

piqued 02-15-2011 06:55 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kari start every single game of this road trip. They're playing for their lives, there's no time for Raycroft meltdowns.

catters078 02-15-2011 07:02 PM

Agreed. Tonight is must win..

We cant afford to lose to lower likes like edmonton..we need to start the trip with a win

Kari gives us a much better chance to win...have to go for it

Stars99Lobo37 02-15-2011 07:02 PM

Have to agree with pique. We need Kari out there.

Modo 02-15-2011 07:39 PM

Crunch time, Stars.

Your season may very well hinge on these three games.

Fortunate enough to have build enough of a lead throughout the year to still be in the mix today, never before has it been more important to put in a full 60 minutes.

....But when's the last time Dallas did that? :help:

Stars99Lobo37 02-15-2011 07:46 PM

Preds up 1-0 on SJ

Stars99Lobo37 02-15-2011 08:01 PM

Ralph...do exactly do the Oilers need to show up tonight? :/

Stars99Lobo37 02-15-2011 08:08 PM

1st underway. Go Stars.

Stars99Lobo37 02-15-2011 08:09 PM

What on earth....Bulin comes way out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.