HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   WJC: Ticket information & other things (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=878190)

warrenwelte 02-15-2011 04:52 PM

Ticket information & other things
 
I Was Wondering If Anybody Has Any Information, About The World Juniors In Ufa, Russia? Places To Stay, Ticket Prices, Things To Do, Etc Thx. Warren

cska78 02-17-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrenwelte (Post 30945710)
I Was Wondering If Anybody Has Any Information, About The World Juniors In Ufa, Russia? Places To Stay, Ticket Prices, Things To Do, Etc Thx. Warren

bit too early?

alex wallace 07-20-2011 07:53 PM

ufa
 
density tours will be doing a trip. it will be the tenth trip overseas. so go www.density tours.com they will be going early to moscow.

OttawaRoughRiderFan 07-22-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrenwelte (Post 30945710)
I Was Wondering If Anybody Has Any Information, About The World Juniors In Ufa, Russia? Places To Stay, Ticket Prices, Things To Do, Etc Thx. Warren

LOL!

I have been trying to find the same thing buddy with NO luck.

I also looked into info on costs, times, hotels etc for Malmo Sweden (2014) and nothing.

**

My gf and I went to the WJR's in Buffalo and it was GREAT (minus the FINAL period) - met a bunch of amazing people and we want to do it again.

The problem...

WJR's in Canada - hard(!) to get tickets. If you do they are expensive!
WJR's in Europe - easy to get tickets, hard and expensive to get there. Who wants to spend Christmas on a plane? Not me...

We have decided to go to the WJR's in 2018 in the US. Won't be too expesive. Won't be too hard to get there.

warrenwelte 07-26-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevyD (Post 35272225)
LOL!

I have been trying to find the same thing buddy with NO luck.

I also looked into info on costs, times, hotels etc for Malmo Sweden (2014) and nothing.

**

My gf and I went to the WJR's in Buffalo and it was GREAT (minus the FINAL period) - met a bunch of amazing people and we want to do it again.

The problem...

WJR's in Canada - hard(!) to get tickets. If you do they are expensive!
WJR's in Europe - easy to get tickets, hard and expensive to get there. Who wants to spend Christmas on a plane? Not me...

We have decided to go to the WJR's in 2018 in the US. Won't be too expesive. Won't be too hard to get there.

we were in the Czech Republic, a few years back, way cheaper, then attending one in Canada. great time, would go back in a heartbeat

OttawaRoughRiderFan 07-26-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrenwelte (Post 35395841)
we were in the Czech Republic, a few years back, way cheaper, then attending one in Canada. great time, would go back in a heartbeat

Question please...

Start to finish (including hotel, plane, meals and tickets), how much did the trip cost you?

Also, how long were your flights?

Thanks for your input.

:)

alex wallace 07-26-2011 07:28 PM

the world juniors in czech republic cost $3000. toronto to prague via czech airlines. density tours will have pricing for ufa in the new year.

OttawaRoughRiderFan 07-27-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex wallace (Post 35402233)
the world juniors in czech republic cost $3000. toronto to prague via czech airlines. density tours will have pricing for ufa in the new year.


Is that for 2 or ~$3,000 each?

Thank you for the info.

:)

warrenwelte 07-27-2011 02:01 PM

we went on our own, and didn't spend near that much, I wouldn't go on Destiny

OttawaRoughRiderFan 07-27-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrenwelte (Post 35426849)
we went on our own, and didn't spend near that much, I wouldn't go on Destiny

Hi Warren,

Forgive me but your post is so vague I am not getting the info I need.

You said "we", so I am assuming 2. How much did it cost the 2 of you, start to finish? Please include flight, tickets, meals and hotel. I am assuming you went for the whole tournament.

Just a ball park number so I have a perspective and can pitch it to my gf.

Thank you for you time/input.

:)

OttawaRoughRiderFan 07-31-2011 11:56 AM

I wrote Destiny...

No pricing yet but I think it will be quite expensive. Too bad.

I sure would love to go.

warrenwelte 08-02-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevyD (Post 35428729)
Hi Warren,

Forgive me but your post is so vague I am not getting the info I need.

You said "we", so I am assuming 2. How much did it cost the 2 of you, start to finish? Please include flight, tickets, meals and hotel. I am assuming you went for the whole tournament.

Just a ball park number so I have a perspective and can pitch it to my gf.

Thank you for you time/input.

:)

send me a private e-mail at warren.welte@cranesupply.com,

flights out of Calgary, were
around 1200.00, tickets for the entire tournament were 110.00 , rooms were around 60 bucks. beer and food were really cheap

msall 12-18-2011 10:36 PM

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and came across it while researching Destiny Tours. I'm hoping to go to the tournament in Sweden and am wondering how hard it would be to buy all of Team Canada's games without knowing which quarterfinal/semifinal games they could be playing in?

It seemed like Density tours would be a good way to get guaranteed tickets but I think it would be cheaper plan the trips by myself. I also couldn't find any reviews on Destiny tours.

GoLeafs13 12-19-2011 12:40 AM

Kevy how do you know they will be in America in 2018? Do they have a rotation pattern?

Thanks

BillyShoe1721 12-19-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoLeafs13 (Post 41170701)
Kevy how do you know they will be in America in 2018? Do they have a rotation pattern?

Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_J..._Championships

GoLeafs13 12-19-2011 01:06 AM

Thank you! It's interesting to see they have them planned that far ahead. I'd imagine they'd have one in Toronto or the London area.

vorky 12-19-2011 02:08 AM

for those who would like to visit Ufa during WJC, there is "tour guide" of a city.

NiagaraGirl 12-20-2011 09:52 PM

I think it will be awesome to see it in Russia, they deserve it I believe. I think it means a lot to them, maybe almost as much as it does to us Canadians? ;) lol Not that it doesn't mean a lot to other countries too but Russians are just diehard fans and the rivalry is so historic so I think it would be great. I'd actually love to see Russia too, wish I could go!! I could use a bit of the Russian I learned in school years ago. :)

Niagara Girl

photofinishbob 12-25-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrenwelte (Post 30945710)
I Was Wondering If Anybody Has Any Information, About The World Juniors In Ufa, Russia? Places To Stay, Ticket Prices, Things To Do, Etc Thx. Warren

Hi Warren, I'm looking for the same info. Also looked at destiny tours; no prices till Feb. However their prices for previous trips seem very high, I'm sure it can be done much cheaper if you're prepared to spend some time on the net doing the research, I've done the world Juniors twice; Fussen Germany (Lindros) and Heksinki, Finland (Crosby, Ovechkin, Semin). Very enjoyable hockey experiences. For Helsinki I bought 4 tickets on the blue line about 15 rows from the ice; total cost for 4 tickets for all the games not just Canada's was $1285.00 CAD. I plan to buy tickets on my own somehow, book a hotel thru the internet (direct with a hotel, not thru a middle man), find the best flight deal from Toronto to Moscow then take the train to Ufa. I lived in Sochi, Russia for three years and travelled extensively by train which I really enjoyed (cheap as dirt). This way you are not dictated by a tour company schedule; your time is your own. I chuckled when I read some comments of guys taking their girlfriends, reminds me of the saying; would you take a ham sandwich to a banquet?

wjhl2009fan 12-25-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoLeafs13 (Post 41171157)
Thank you! It's interesting to see they have them planned that far ahead. I'd imagine they'd have one in Toronto or the London area.

I think Toronto & London are possible but i would not say there a lock to host it Ottawa/Montreal/Quebec city aslo could be possible.

bjacobs68 12-29-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrenwelte (Post 30945710)
I Was Wondering If Anybody Has Any Information, About The World Juniors In Ufa, Russia? Places To Stay, Ticket Prices, Things To Do, Etc Thx. Warren

I've been trying to find information on the 2013 tournament in Russia as well. I don't really want to use 'Destiny Tours' either, but that seems to be the only indication the tournament is actually going to be in Ufa.

I find it very hard to believe the Russians are not more organized than this... I've tried the websites for the Russian Ice Hockey Federation and the new junior league - MHL. I've even looked at the website for the City of Ufa and there is not even mention that the tournament is coming to the City. This all seems very strange to me.

If anyone can provide more information or supply a link for more information it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers;

B.

vorky 12-29-2011 12:47 PM

I read republic of Bashkorostan will provide cca 2 573 870 eur to tourney.

Partagas 12-29-2011 01:15 PM

I chuckled when I read some comments of guys taking their girlfriends, reminds me of the saying; would you take a ham sandwich to a banquet?[/QUOTE]

The same to make a trip in Cuba with your gf: do you want to take the water to the sea ?

Shrimper 12-29-2011 01:30 PM

Think I might try and get to the Malmo one, not too far away.

dmacgreg37 12-29-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partagas (Post 41607939)
I chuckled when I read some comments of guys taking their girlfriends, reminds me of the saying; would you take a ham sandwich to a banquet?

The same to make a trip in Cuba with your gf: do you want to take the water to the sea ?[/QUOTE]

Some people REALLY like their ham sandwiches perhaps.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.