HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Atlanta/Detroit (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=878493)

Edge of Sanity* 02-16-2011 01:45 AM

Atlanta/Detroit
 
DET gets:

D Zach Bogosian

ATL gets:

1st round 2011
3rd round 2011
LW Gustav Nyqvist
C Landon Ferraro

I know a trade like this will never realistically happen but it's fun to pretend because Bogosian is EXACTLY the guy that the Wings are missing (though Stuart will help when he gets back). Is this enough? A couple picks, a great prospect that almost won the Hobey Baker last year and is contending for it again this year, and a great talent/former high pick that has character/effort issues.

Edge of Sanity* 02-16-2011 01:48 AM

If Atlanta wants a top D prospect in return, Kindl could be added in exchange for Ferraro and the 3rd rounder, making it a 1st, Kindl, and Nyqvist for Bogosian

DamonDRW 02-16-2011 01:52 AM

too much from Detroit's side. Especially, taking into account that Bogosian is often out of the lineup in Atlanta.

headsigh 02-16-2011 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge of Sanity (Post 30964613)
If Atlanta wants a top D prospect in return, Kindl could be added in exchange for Ferraro and the 3rd rounder, making it a 1st, Kindl, and Nyqvist for Bogosian

We don't need defensemen right mow. We have 3 prospects sitting in the AHL with 3 more turning pro this coming year.

We mostly need roster players that are young. top 6 crash and bang forwards to add to the core we already have. Think Kris Versteeg, Milan Lucic (obviously this isn't happening) or Wayne Simmonds, those sorts of players.

RedWingsNow* 02-16-2011 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsigh (Post 30964672)
We don't need defensemen right mow. We have 3 prospects sitting in the AHL with 3 more turning pro this coming year.

We mostly need roster players that are young. top 6 crash and bang forwards to add to the core we already have. Think Kris Versteeg, Milan Lucic (obviously this isn't happening) or Wayne Simmonds, those sorts of players.

i knew atlanta was toast when you put Fredrick Pettersson in the minors after his terrific pre-season.

Anchor Town 02-16-2011 03:21 AM

take out Nyquist change the 3rd to a 4th and I'd do it from a Detroit standpoint.

1st
4th
Landon Ferraro (32nd in 2009)

thadd 02-16-2011 08:21 AM

I think Kindle needs to be involved in this proposal for it to be considered by Thrashers fans.

Zetterberg4Captain 02-16-2011 08:24 AM

their was a good proposal made in another post.

hudler
kindl
2011 1st rd pick

headsigh 02-16-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Bob (Post 30964863)
i knew atlanta was toast when you put Fredrick Pettersson in the minors after his terrific pre-season.

I don't know what that has to do with anything, considering he's tearing up the AHL at a pace of 19 points and -12.

Go Wings 02-16-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge of Sanity (Post 30964589)
DET gets:

D Zach Bogosian

ATL gets:

1st round 2011
3rd round 2011
LW Gustav NyqvistC Landon Ferraro

I know a trade like this will never realistically happen but it's fun to pretend because Bogosian is EXACTLY the guy that the Wings are missing (though Stuart will help when he gets back). Is this enough? A couple picks, a great prospect that almost won the Hobey Baker last year and is contending for it again this year, and a great talent/former high pick that has character/effort issues.

Absolutely not I dont want Detroit moving Nyquist.

Dogkota 02-16-2011 11:43 AM

There are a number of factors that make this complicated.

- Detroit has no salary cap space, so they would need to send at least 2 roster players in order to accommodate Bogosian's hefty $3.375M salary. These 2 players are more than likely Hudler and Kindl for reasons of salary and expendability.

- Bogosian would be on the bottom pairing in Detroit and with his impending raise will command more than both of our 2nd pairing d-men (Stuart $3.75M, Kronwall 3.0M). The only teams you're going to find with a #5 or #6 d-man that makes $4M+ are poorly managed ones.

- Bogosian is still extremely raw defensively. He's prone to frequently making questionable decisions and taking bad penalties. This is exactly the opposite of the type of free agent acquisition that Ken Holland likes to add to shore up the 3rd pairing. Holland brought in Salei because he's cheap, steady and usually makes the smart, safe play. Bogosian would be expensive, green, and just as mistake prone as Ericsson/Kindl.

This deal would probably work fine for the rest of this season, but Holland would have no guarantee that Bogosian would be willing to temper his expectations when he becomes a RFA in the offseason. Bogosian could very easily price himself out of Detroit while remaining a very hot commodity to a team like Edmonton. This deal would have to be viewed as an investment in the future above all else, because the salary cap implications of his contract would hurt Detroit in the present.

Zetterberg4Captain 02-16-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogkota (Post 30970690)
There are a number of factors that make this complicated.

- Detroit has no salary cap space, so they would need to send at least 2 roster players in order to accommodate Bogosian's hefty $3.375M salary. These 2 players are more than likely Hudler and Kindl for reasons of salary and expendability.

- Bogosian would be on the bottom pairing in Detroit and with his impending raise will command more than both of our 2nd pairing d-men (Stuart $3.75M, Kronwall 3.0M). The only teams you're going to find with a #5 or #6 d-man that makes $4M+ are poorly managed ones.

- Bogosian is still extremely raw defensively. He's prone to frequently making questionable decisions and taking bad penalties. This is exactly the opposite of the type of free agent acquisition that Ken Holland likes to add to shore up the 3rd pairing. Holland brought in Salei because he's cheap, steady and usually makes the smart, safe play. Bogosian would be expensive, green, and just as mistake prone as Ericsson/Kindl.

This deal would probably work fine for the rest of this season, but Holland would have no guarantee that Bogosian would be willing to temper his expectations when he becomes a RFA in the offseason. Bogosian could very easily price himself out of Detroit while remaining a very hot commodity to a team like Edmonton. This deal would have to be viewed as an investment in the future above all else, because the salary cap implications of his contract would hurt Detroit in the present.

please stop putting thought into your responses,

thankyou


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.