HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   OT: Carnival Help!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=878821)

Mosetter27 02-16-2011 08:28 PM

Carnival Help!!!

Ok so I'm going to the flyers carnival this year FIRST TIME EVER

so excited

so far I bought this franklin street hokey goalie mask

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51-h-jjVjKL.jpg

except its a youth size not mini

and I want to get a set of goalie and player wood mini sticks to have signed

I am also bringing $1000.00 to spend ... do you guys think thats enough... i already got my pre-bought tickets to meet briere & bobrovsky... not really caring for pronger, giroux, carter & Richards

but anyway... where can i find a good set of "mini hockey sticks" to get autographed... i wanna cram as many as possible onto the 3 items... then have them displayed in my sons room :D

thank you for any help

GO FLYERS!

Jules801 02-16-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjd624 (Post 30981241)
Ok so I'm going to the flyers carnival this year FIRST TIME EVER

so excited

so far I bought this franklin street hokey goalie mask

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51-h-jjVjKL.jpg

except its a youth size not mini

and I want to get a set of goalie and player wood mini sticks to have signed

I am also bringing $1000.00 to spend ... do you guys think thats enough... i already got my pre-bought tickets to meet briere & bobrovsky... not really caring for pronger, giroux, carter & Richards

but anyway... where can i find a good set of "mini hockey sticks" to get autographed... i wanna cram as many as possible onto the 3 items... then have them displayed in my sons room :D

thank you for any help

GO FLYERS!

Holy **** that's a lot of $$$$!! I hope to God it's enough! I can't really give you advice though because this year will also be my first year.

Mosetter27 02-16-2011 09:15 PM

no advice is still advice lol

yeah its going to a good cause i hope i can squeeze all the players in!

i found this site and ordered to BLANK WOOD Sticks 1 goalie 1 player

http://www.ministicks.com/default.asp

decadentia 02-16-2011 10:26 PM

Jesus Christ, that's a lot of dough to lay down (even more by ordering that ****)

You don't half-ass anything do you :naughty:

Black Ice 02-16-2011 10:45 PM

I might be going for the 1st time myself. A co-worker/friend (who's a Pens fan of all things) has tickets from her husband's friend and she offered me one. I see that most pre-sold tickets are sold out so I'll just wander around and see whose autograph I can get.

whatthef 02-16-2011 11:18 PM

I want to a few Carnivals and $1000 should be more than enough unless you go 'hog wild'.

MillerTime2181 02-17-2011 11:26 AM

For those who have gone....what is the set-up like? What can first-timers expect in terms of meeting players/events, ect.? I assume there's also raffles/merchandise, ect.? Thanks for the help.

Mosetter27 02-19-2011 12:53 PM

got the sticks the helmet and my $$ All ready to go LETS GO SUNDAY HURRY AND GET HERE!!!!

treeman 02-19-2011 12:56 PM

Stop by the Briere Bunch table and say 'hi'... and buy a couple of hats!

treeman 02-19-2011 01:00 PM

I suggest you get the early admission and hit your appointents first.

the gift boxes usually have some cool stuff in the them. If i remember correctly they are about 25-30 bucks each.
Very easy to get Alumn to sign anything you want.
the 'shot on goal' seems to be the most popular. I recommend getting advance tix for that too.

Enjoy it... and buy a BB hat!

FlyerCub 02-19-2011 01:20 PM

It's been two years since I've gone and can't make it this year due to a friend's wedding, but in terms of setup, for the lower level, the players sit in the front row of the club box sections while the lines snake up through the sections to the top row of the regular seating bowl and that's the point where you meet. The players have a table surface to make it easier to sign. Photo booths are set up where the handicapped platforms are, IIRC. Upstairs is the same general idea.

Carnival games are set up on the lower concourse where concessions normally would be (usually the upper ones are actually open for food) and also in the atriums and at tables near the player benches on the floor, which the traditional location manned by the coaching staff. Merchandise stands are also mixed in.

Shot on Goal, dunk tank, etc. plus mystery bags are on the arena floor. Alumni and the Stanley Cup have usually been in the Pavilion with video games against players in the event area of P.J. Whelihans's, IIRC.

Mosetter27 02-19-2011 01:46 PM

the players who are not pre-sold where do you pay for the pics/autos for them

do you pay as you get in line or is there somewhere you go to get tickets?

Mosetter27 02-19-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treeman (Post 31057992)
I suggest you get the early admission and hit your appointents first.

the gift boxes usually have some cool stuff in the them. If i remember correctly they are about 25-30 bucks each.
Very easy to get Alumn to sign anything you want.
the 'shot on goal' seems to be the most popular. I recommend getting advance tix for that too.

Enjoy it... and buy a BB hat!

already have pre tix to briere auto/photo, bob auto, 3 shots on goal (1 for me my son and my sis) 2 s.c. pics, and as said $1000 to spend on everything else

and i have like 4 briere bunch hats lol 2 pink for my wife and 2 blakc :D i support bri-bomb every bit! he RocKS!

treeman 02-19-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjd624 (Post 31059327)
already have pre tix to briere auto/photo, bob auto, 3 shots on goal (1 for me my son and my sis) 2 s.c. pics, and as said $1000 to spend on everything else

and i have like 4 briere bunch hats lol 2 pink for my wife and 2 blakc :D i support bri-bomb every bit! he RocKS!

you're all set! still stop by and say hi!

FlyerCub 02-19-2011 04:43 PM

You pay for non presold items in line.

Mosetter27 02-19-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treeman (Post 31060200)
you're all set! still stop by and say hi!

will do... heck maybe ill pick up another hat or 2 :D never can have to many lol!

as for something i asked earlier that may have been lost in the shuffle

the players who are not pre-sold where do you pay for the pics/autos for them

do you pay as you get in line or is there somewhere you go to get tickets?

EDIT: someone responded as i re-posted

THANK YOU!!!

i guess its a cash only typa thing correct?

MillerTime2181 02-21-2011 09:33 PM

What kind of items are in the mystery bags/gift boxes? P.s. Thanks for the other responses/help.

FlyerCub 02-22-2011 12:11 AM

It is generally cash for just about everything. Ones and fives are good to have for the carnival games.

They usually have an adult mystery bag and one for kids. I'm not sure what the biggest prizes are now but I've drawn stuff along the lines of beach towels, travel mugs, welcome mats, duffel bags (now that they've moved from boxes to bags, that's less likely) and have seen stuff like lunch boxes, autographed pics, and water bottles in kids bags.

One tip regarding the mystery bags - grab one early if you have your sights set on them since they do occasionally sell out but also keep a little reserve cash for the very end of the carnival. In order to sell the last few bags as the carnival winds down, players are often lured into that area and they often allow you to get an autograph with the purchase of a bag at that time.