HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Injury Report: Blair Betts (cut finger) doubtful for Sunday (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=879896)

MiamiScreamingEagles 02-18-2011 10:02 PM

Blair Betts (cut finger) doubtful for Sunday

Cut ring finger, left hand.

He missed the third period after suffering the injury in the late second period Friday night.

Most likely will not play Sunday.

might2mash 02-18-2011 10:28 PM

This must have been pretty severe to miss the whole period. And for the injury to occur through the glove.

JLHockeyKnight 02-18-2011 10:33 PM

That and cuts to the fingers and such are more sensitive to breaking open again because of the movement of your hands. Hopefully it isn't that bad and he doesn't miss serious time. Although he could miss a few games.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Mr Oysterhead 02-18-2011 10:43 PM

The Z lovers may finally get their day...

BernieParent 02-18-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead (Post 31049199)

At this point, I think Laviolette would ice Boucher with Richards and Versteeg rather than deign to allow Zherdev to hop over the boards.

HoverCarle* 02-18-2011 11:02 PM

Wow that sucja

dbr2 02-18-2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

You mean Wellwood ;)

flyersfan187 02-18-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Doubt that. Richards should be back in the lineup. Him Versteeg and Carcillo had a good game together a couple games ago. Shelley on the fourth line.

sa cyred 02-19-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan187 (Post 31050265)
Doubt that. Richards should be back in the lineup. Him Versteeg and Carcillo had a good game together a couple games ago. Shelley on the fourth line.

You mean Carcillo back to the 4th line also right?

With Richie back

Leino-Briere-Hartnell
Versteeg-Richards-Nodl
JVR-Giroux-Carter
Carcillo-Powe-Shelly

Thats how I see it. Carcillo in the top 9 kills me.

sobrien 02-19-2011 04:12 AM

That's too bad, Bettsy usually smokes his old team :shakehead Rags dodge a bullet.

CptCannon 02-19-2011 04:18 AM

Give Z his last damn chance. Excel now or be-gone.

Stockholm Syndrome 02-19-2011 05:28 AM

Lines for Sunday will probably be

Hartnell - Briere - Leino
JVR - Giroux - Carter
Nodl - Richards - Versteeg
Carcillo - Powe - Shelley

JagerPuck 02-19-2011 10:01 AM

Dont put Z in. He's terrible.

Villedelphia* 02-19-2011 10:24 AM

Dress Shelley and Carcillo. This is a good game to goon it up and try to destroy avery.

CantSeeColors 02-19-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbr2 (Post 31049721)
You mean Wellwood ;)

I could see Lavi going seven D with Bartulis before putting Z in too.

Opus 02-19-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villedelphia (Post 31055940)
Dress Shelley and Carcillo. This is a good game to goon it up and try to destroy avery.

That would be an idiotic thing to do.

Just ignore Avery, let him do his thing and win the hockey game. That's how you defeat Avery.

HoverCarle* 02-19-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantSeeColors (Post 31056270)
I could see Lavi going seven D with Bartulis before putting Z in too.

Not a bad idea. Bartulis could use some playing time

CantSeeColors 02-19-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hovercraft (Post 31057090)
Not a bad idea. Bartulis could use some playing time

I've been wondering when he's going to get sent on another conditioning assignment. I'd like to see him knock a bit of the rust off just in case he needs to play.

MiamiScreamingEagles 02-19-2011 02:05 PM

Richards (illness) is improving, game-time decision to play tomorrow.

The finger injury to Betts has been reported as both right and left hand, but it appears to be on the left hand...

Quote:

The tip of Betts’ right ring finger exploded with a pressure cut when he blocked a shot during a key 5-on-3 penalty kill in the second period on Friday night.

“Blair is highly unlikely for tomorrow,” general manager Paul Holmgren said.

Betts was stitched up on Friday night and was re-evaluated on Saturday. He called it “a pretty good cut” on Friday.

The Flyers may have their captain, Mike Richards, back on Sunday after he missed his first game since Feb. 8, 2009 because of a stomach virus.

Richards was kept off the ice of the team’s practice on Saturday afternoon in Newark, N.J., and will be a game-time decision on Sunday.

“Mike is feeling much better,” Holmgren said. “We will not know on him until the morning.”
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/f...#ixzz1ERVGRVi6

mypunkrock 02-19-2011 04:23 PM

Would they call up Kalinski?

Please please please.

flyersfan187 02-19-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 31050322)
You mean Carcillo back to the 4th line also right?

With Richie back

Leino-Briere-Hartnell
Versteeg-Richards-Nodl
JVR-Giroux-Carter
Carcillo-Powe-Shelly

Thats how I see it. Carcillo in the top 9 kills me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Nodl on the 4th line and Carcillo up with Richards for a couple shifts. Play whoever is having the better game more. That is a good looking line up for sure and then come playoff time with Shelley benched we will have one of the best 4th lines in the playoffs that could match up with any line out there. :handclap:

Gert B Frobe 02-19-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stockholm Syndrome (Post 31053362)
Lines for Sunday will probably be

Hartnell - Briere - Leino
JVR - Giroux - Carter
Nodl - Richards - Versteeg
Carcillo - Powe - Shelley

You're probably right. I don't have a big problem with that lineup. Shelley won't play much anyway - and it will be good to have him out there and keep everybody honest.

I just hope Wellwood gets a shot at the team next season. He has so much more skill than Nodl. Sure he's smaller but he plays a smart defensive game. I guess the Flyers know talent better than all of us but from what I've seen of him - he's just a better hockey player than all of Powe, Carcillo, Shelley, Nodl - and could easily replace any of them on any line. I don't think he would be the offensive boat anchor that Nodl is. Even if he can't finish at the NHL level at least he has shown some offensive creativity. Maybe I can see Powe having more of a place in the lineup because he is a good checker and penalty killer - but I'd take Wellwood over Carcillo and Nodl at least for 10 games and see what happens.