HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   TSN: souray/waivers/trade ?? UPDATE: Cleared Re-entry 02/21/11 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=880104)

CornKicker 02-17-2011 08:39 AM

souray/waivers/trade ?? UPDATE: Cleared Re-entry 02/21/11

i understand that if the oilers were to trade souray to a team that wanted him in the nhl right now he would have to clear re-entry waivers first. What would be the rule with trading souray in a package to someone like ATL if they were to keep him in the AHL for the remainder of the season? then what are the rules if they were to call him up for the start of the playoffs? is the waivers excempt once the playoffs start? could a team with d-holes potentially trade with the intentions of bringing him up for the playoffs? obviously he would be a part of a package or something but would that be an option or am i missing a rule here?

BleedingOil 02-17-2011 08:41 AM

He's not going anywhere give it up.

Sexington 02-17-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingOil (Post 30994076)

That's beside the point and didn't answer his question which is a good one.

Sexington 02-17-2011 09:03 AM

I don't know how legit this source is but:

Quote:

There are also several limitations placed on waivers after the Trade Deadline until the end of the season. Teams are no longer able to loan players to AHL affiliates, unless they were recalled under one of the circumstances described below. Teams cannot recall players except for the following circumstances.

Teams are only allowed four recalls of players from the period between the Trade Deadline and the end of the season.
A player can be recalled under an Emergency Recalled (explained later)
If the AHL's team season has ended, the team can recall a player.
http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/20...ide-to-the-nhl

joestevens29 02-17-2011 09:04 AM

Pretty sure if you aren't on the NHL roster on trade deadline day you can't play in the playoffs.

jumptheshark 02-17-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CornKicker (Post 30994054)
i understand that if the oilers were to trade souray to a team that wanted him in the nhl right now he would have to clear re-entry waivers first. What would be the rule with trading souray in a package to someone like ATL if they were to keep him in the AHL for the remainder of the season? then what are the rules if they were to call him up for the start of the playoffs? is the waivers excempt once the playoffs start? could a team with d-holes potentially trade with the intentions of bringing him up for the playoffs? obviously he would be a part of a package or something but would that be an option or am i missing a rule here?

To be able to play in the playoffs he would have to been on the NHL roster or cleared to play before the NHL playoffs--Oilers can not trade Souray to team B to have them call him up for the playoffs--this was brought up before. While there is no cap in the play offs--the rules for players are in tact.

if souray cleared waivers during the regular season he could play in the playoffs.

this idea was tossed out before and someon posted the part of the CBA that was brought up.

Souray if traded and not clear waivers could not be part of the the playoff drive becuase after the dead line teams submit all their NHL contracts and two way contracts to be alligiable for the playoffs--one reason why you will se one or two uni signings leading up to the deadline--this will allow them to play.

jumptheshark 02-17-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestevens29 (Post 30994383)
Pretty sure if you aren't on the NHL roster on trade deadline day you can't play in the playoffs.

part of what I ment--all minor league players need to meet ALL requirements to play aftear the deadline--so Wade Reddon falls into the same catagory

oil9 02-17-2011 07:54 PM

he wont get traded and if he did it would be something like

souray
3 rnd

for

bogosian

Pools Closed* 02-17-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil9 (Post 31010541)

souray
3 rnd

for

bogosian

take out Bogosian and that would happen ;)

Grod 02-17-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CornKicker (Post 30994054)

There is no waivers exemption period until the off season. For one-way contracts with as many games played or experience as he has. He has to clear re-entry waivers to play in the NHL this season. Half of his wage is owed to mutual organizations for the rest of his term. He can be moved in the offseason. No reason for a team to carry his wage for the rest of the season in the minors. That is our loss. For some crazy reason he may be movable at the draft.

Grod 02-17-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStig (Post 30994677)
part of what I ment--all minor league players need to meet ALL requirements to play aftear the deadline--so Wade Reddon falls into the same catagory

Emergency waivers exist. If they are forced to play with less than the required amount of skaters because of non cap related circumstances.

jumptheshark 02-18-2011 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grod (Post 31017736)
Emergency waivers exist. If they are forced to play with less than the required amount of skaters because of non cap related circumstances.

Not in this case. Souray could not be emergancy recalled due to not being part of the elligible roster set at the dead line.

Grod 02-18-2011 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStig (Post 31020074)
Not in this case. Souray could not be emergancy recalled due to not being part of the elligible roster set at the dead line.

Then who would the team use as a replacement in the playoffs if there active roster then was the one that went down and the one's they needed to replace in the playoffs.

nsoilfan 02-18-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

souray
3 rnd

for

bogosian

sign me and every oiler fan in the world up for this trade

MeestaDeteta 02-18-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

souray
3 rnd

for

bogosian

Go big or go home...

Souray
3rd Rounder
Strudwick
Fraser
JFJ
MacIntyre

for

Bogosian
Cormier
Kane

:sarcasm:

Jimmi Jenkins 02-18-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingOil (Post 30994076)

I don't know about that. If a team is really in a desperate way for depth, I could see the Oil getting a call and popping him on Retry waivers, his Cap hit for the rest of year at half price would be next to nothing.

Like I say, it would take major desperation.

OvenChicken8 02-18-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hope4theFuture (Post 31021327)
Go big or go home...

Souray
3rd Rounder
Strudwick
Fraser
JFJ
MacIntyre

for

Bogosian
Cormier
Kane

:sarcasm:

That's not even close to fair value! ATL would have to at least throw a 1st or 2nd in there as well :naughty:

lakai17 02-18-2011 11:28 AM

Can we send Souray to the ECHL? I'm really getting sick of this guy.

nullterm 02-19-2011 11:19 AM

Souray on re-entry waivers

RealKyper Nick Kypreos
by JonathanWillis
#Oilers news. Sheldon Souray is in play. Put on re-entry waivers today.

Discuss and speculate. Interesting Oilers morning news.

serum114 02-19-2011 11:24 AM

As per Bob McKenzie on Twitter.

frag2 02-19-2011 11:24 AM

Souray on Re-entry

as per Bob Mac, Kypreos, etc etc

:nod:

Alex87 02-19-2011 11:24 AM

Kypreos reporting via Twitter that Souray is on re-entry waivers.

http://twitter.com/#!/RealKyper/stat...09135492202496

KerPatrick 02-19-2011 11:25 AM

Souray on re-entry waivers per kypreos twitter

Mr Forever 02-19-2011 11:28 AM

Will he get claimed?

Fayne Gretzky 02-19-2011 11:29 AM

My wild guess:

There's a Bogo trade imminent depending on if Atlanta can pick up Souray to replace him :D