HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Total One Stick - Its popularity and Do you Like it? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=880145)

Pedagogue 02-19-2011 12:12 PM

Total One Stick - Its popularity and Do you Like it?
 
Well it seems like Bauer's Total One stick is the most popular stick right now in the NHL. On some teams approx. 40% of the guys are using this stick. Talk about dominating the hockey stick market! I recently bought a One95 and it broke. Bauer sent me a Total One as the replacement. It's good but I am not sure if I'm totally convinced. (Maybe I need to get use to it as I've only used it for a few weeks). For those who use it what do you think? Is this stick really the best composite out there now. Judging by the pros it seems that it is.

Sitka 02-19-2011 01:28 PM

I have one and an S19 and I don't think one blows the other out of the water.

3rd Guy High 02-19-2011 02:45 PM

Depends on what you like. It's probably the most durable stick ive had in a long time. I had 3 SE16s and 2 S19s before the total one, they all broke within 2 weeks while the total one has already lasted me over a few months.

Pittsburgh Proud 02-19-2011 02:54 PM

I love it and had the One95.

Sitka 02-19-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by li97 (Post 31061793)
Depends on what you like. It's probably the most durable stick ive had in a long time. I had 3 SE16s and 2 S19s before the total one, they all broke within 2 weeks while the total one has already lasted me over a few months.

I haven't found them particularly durable. I broke my first one after 3 games... Luck of the draw which sticks you break I think.

ponder 02-19-2011 06:15 PM

I'm pretty convinced that NO modern top of the line sticks are particularly durable if you're hard on them. For guys who are big and strong, who shoot hard, who take faceoffs, who like to stick check, and who just play an aggressive game in general, you'll be lucky to have any modern top of the line stick last you 20 games IMO. For me top of the line sticks do not last, they all have thin walls made basically just of graphite, they all break fairly easily when heavily abused. Personally I need to go with sticks that have thicker walls with more fiberglass if I want them to last, sticks like the Easton ST.

Performance wise the TO certainly gets great reviews, and from what I've heard the durability is fine compared to other top of the line sticks, but what is considered "fine" nowadays is still not very good.

Rush22* 02-19-2011 06:53 PM

The S19 is the best performing stick on the market, bar-none. The problem is the blade on the S19 goes soft way too fast, talking like 5-10 skates sometimes.

Bauer sticks seem to be the most durable products when talking high end sticks ($200+). My Total One and X60 have held up through a ton of abuse. I still buy S19s are my primary stick because they are the best stick I have ever used.

canuck44 02-19-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponder (Post 31067246)
I'm pretty convinced that NO modern top of the line sticks are particularly durable if you're hard on them. For guys who are big and strong, who shoot hard, who take faceoffs, who like to stick check, and who just play an aggressive game in general, you'll be lucky to have any modern top of the line stick last you 20 games IMO. For me top of the line sticks do not last, they all have thin walls made basically just of graphite, they all break fairly easily when heavily abused. Personally I need to go with sticks that have thicker walls with more fiberglass if I want them to last, sticks like the Easton ST.

The ST has fibreglass? I thought it had a kevlar wrap around the stick to make it more durable?

ponder 02-19-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuck44 (Post 31070806)
The ST has fibreglass? I thought it had a kevlar wrap around the stick to make it more durable?

AFAIK most sticks with thick walls (like the Easton ST) have fiber glass as part of the composite (as well as graphite obviously), sticks with the really thin walls (all top of the line sticks) pretty much just have layers of graphite. Fiberglass increases the weight and changes the flex/feel a bit, but does make sticks more durable. The ST also has the kevlar wrap. I'm not 100% sure the ST has fiberglass, but I'm pretty sure most sticks with thick walls do, and the ST has thick walls.

pass the bisk 02-20-2011 04:49 PM

Has a lot of pop on shots, but when it comes to puck control and such, I'm not really a fan


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.