HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Tor-fla (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=880449)

Erick* 02-20-2011 01:26 AM

Tor-fla
 
Panthers receive: F Luca Caputi, G J.S. Giguerre, and the 3rd round pick Burke keeps talking about trading.

Maple Leafs receive: G Tomas Vokoun

I'm not expecting much in return for Vokoun anymore. I'm actually expecting barely anything, at all. Something is better than nothing.

Makes sense to me. Leafs have said they're interested in a goalie. I'm sure they'd have no problems giving a guy like Vokoun the money/get the fanbase excited to have an actual goalie.

Caputi instantly makes the Panthers roster (big, young player with some potential...the Panthers are going to need bodies this year already with all the veteran forwards on their way out), the 3rd round pick, and a Giguerre showcase. If Giguerre does a solid job, he's more likely to take a significant paycut for next year, based on his #'s/he can platoon with Clemmensen until Markstrom is ready. If for some reason, Giguerre doesn't want to sign here, then whatever. Use his money elsewhere, and at least we got something for Vokoun.

I could be totally off here, but it's getting to the point where I think the Panthers are going to end up losing Vokoun for nothing.

Vladimir Tarasenko* 02-20-2011 01:27 AM

neither team does this.

edit: actually toronto might

veedubn1 02-20-2011 01:30 AM

Toronto takes the deal but gives you a 2012 2nd instead of a 3rd rounder.

:)

The Podium 02-20-2011 01:32 AM

Caputis injured and expected to return around March so he wouldnt jump in right away

Erick* 02-20-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisx101 (Post 31078628)
Caputis injured and expected to return around March so he wouldnt jump in right away

March is right around the corner. Late March?

MoreMogilny 02-20-2011 01:34 AM

I'm indifferent to this deal. It would be nice to upgrade in goal, but i really can't expect the Leafs to make the playoffs, even if we do add Vokoun. Heck, Reimer got a shutout tonight, but we still lost because the Leafs just can't score goals.

Sad Panda 02-20-2011 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veedubn1 (Post 31078602)
Toronto takes the deal but gives you a 2012 2nd instead of a 3rd rounder.

:)

Nah. Toronto keeps the 2012 2nd.

Rschmitz 02-20-2011 02:19 AM

Are you really a Florida fan? The Panthers could easily do better elsewhere, to a team that is actually in contention and needs a goalie.

Cosmonaut 02-20-2011 02:28 AM

Erick, you've gone off the deep end with this one.

jumptheshark 02-20-2011 02:48 AM

Well both goalies are UFA's

So unless TO plans on signing Vuk-don't see them doing to deal.

Florida is closer to the playoffs then the leafs and JSG has been unpredicatable. Don't see the leafs moving a pick and a prospect to play musical chairs

EternallyLeafs 02-20-2011 02:49 AM

You can get more appropriate returns for Vokoun.

Erick* 02-20-2011 02:58 AM

What do you guys think Vokoun is worth at the moment? I'm not saying I disagree with anyone on here; I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are. His #'s are really good, but he's not young, and he's a UFA after the year. Not many teams need goalies. Maybe a couple. I don't think the Panthers have much leverage in this situation, and I'm expecting a crappy return (if there's a return, that is).

The Panthers have already said that they're not willing to talk to upcoming UFA's during the season, either; so if they don't trade Vokoun by Feb. 28th deadline, he's automatically a free agent.

flapanthersfan 02-20-2011 04:22 AM

Stop.

:shakehead

Leaf Predator 02-20-2011 04:22 AM

Looking at the ridiculous returns at this deadline, I'd say Vokoun is worth at least one 1st to a contender and a solid B prospect.

I want nothing to do with Vokoun with Reimer playing this well. I say we ride him to the playoffs ;)

Erick* 02-20-2011 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flapanthersfan (Post 31079772)
Stop.

:shakehead

What do you think we'll get in return, if Tallon ends up trading him?

Erick* 02-20-2011 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craiger8719 (Post 31079773)
Looking at the ridiculous returns at this deadline, I'd say Vokoun is worth at least one 1st to a contender and a solid B prospect.

I want nothing to do with Vokoun with Reimer playing this well. I say we ride him to the playoffs ;)

The ridiculous returns...none of them have been for goalies.

Dwayne Roloson was traded straight up for Ty Wishart, and then there was the Craig Anderson/Brian Elliot swap.

I think teams are seeing that they don't necessarily need a high-paid goalie to win a Stanley Cup, and they know that Vokoun, in all likelihood, is a rental (and not getting any younger, either).

I don't think we end up with a 1st, unfortunately. :(

Leaf Predator 02-20-2011 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 31079812)
The ridiculous returns...none of them have been for goalies.

Dwayne Roloson was traded straight up for Ty Wishart, and then there was the Craig Anderson/Brian Elliot swap.

I think teams are seeing that they don't necessarily need a high-paid goalie to win a Stanley Cup, and they know that Vokoun, in all likelihood, is a rental (and not getting any younger, either).

I don't think we end up with a 1st, unfortunately. :(

Agreed that Roloson was a steal for Tampa but Vokoun is a much better goalie.

I think he SHOULD get a first, but if not then a very solid prospect, like, 10000 leagues above Wishart lol.

Erick* 02-20-2011 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craiger8719 (Post 31079825)
Agreed that Roloson was a steal for Tampa but Vokoun is a much better goalie.

I think he SHOULD get a first, but if not then a very solid prospect, like, 10000 leagues above Wishart lol.

I sure hope so.

Leaf Predator 02-20-2011 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 31079831)
I sure hope so.

lol well hopefully it won't be either of the Leafs.

Gudbranson44 02-20-2011 04:52 AM

declined.thanks

Christ 02-20-2011 09:29 AM

I really don't see Toronto making that move. Whatever Burke may be claiming, the trading of Versteeg and Kaberle without recieving a single player who is currently playing in the NHL basically means that the Leafs have thrown in the towel for the season. I believe that they will be riding Reimer for the rest of the season in an effort to assess just what they have with him. Is this kid for real or is he simply having a hot streak?

If Vocoun is traded it will be to a team intending to use him for a cup run, not for a team that is essentially "spinning the tires" for the rest of the season.

Southern Hockey 02-20-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KungFuFighting (Post 31079088)
Erick, you've gone off the deep end with this one.

I think now he's just making as many awful proposals as he can in the hopes one happens so he can quote it and say "i told you so".

NiL8r87 02-20-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 31078552)
Panthers receive: F Luca Caputi, G J.S. Giguerre, and the 3rd round pick Burke keeps talking about trading.

Maple Leafs receive: G Tomas Vokoun

I'm not expecting much in return for Vokoun anymore. I'm actually expecting barely anything, at all. Something is better than nothing.

Makes sense to me. Leafs have said they're interested in a goalie. I'm sure they'd have no problems giving a guy like Vokoun the money/get the fanbase excited to have an actual goalie.

Caputi instantly makes the Panthers roster (big, young player with some potential...the Panthers are going to need bodies this year already with all the veteran forwards on their way out), the 3rd round pick, and a Giguerre showcase. If Giguerre does a solid job, he's more likely to take a significant paycut for next year, based on his #'s/he can platoon with Clemmensen until Markstrom is ready. If for some reason, Giguerre doesn't want to sign here, then whatever. Use his money elsewhere, and at least we got something for Vokoun.

I could be totally off here, but it's getting to the point where I think the Panthers are going to end up losing Vokoun for nothing.

Careful, you're going to piss alot of people off offering Toronto a good deal.

thadd 02-20-2011 10:01 AM

Disgusting. Florida gets burned here. Their goalie is amazing and he's got a NTC.

The Podium 02-20-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 31078646)
March is right around the corner. Late March?

Not sure, but either way it wouldnt be right away:laugh: i never said it would take long


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.