HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eric Lindros, UFA (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=88050)

Bohologo 06-30-2004 07:08 PM

Eric Lindros, UFA

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=89565

Discuss.

senate 06-30-2004 07:10 PM

For the love of god retire you fool. :shakehead

Tap on the Ankle 06-30-2004 07:10 PM

Good for the Rangers. Eric is a good guy, but his stupid whining dad (Carl or whatever) is a cancer to any team Eric plays on.

Tap on the Ankle 06-30-2004 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senate

Or at least skate with your head up more often!

little a from da bx 06-30-2004 07:21 PM

good riddens to bad rubish :snide: . nice guy he said plenty of nice thinks about NYR , sure he didnt mean them but he was very proffessional about it, which i respect. his dad is gonna mess up a chance of anyteams signing him, teams want to deal with eric if anyting not his **** talking daddy :banghead: :shakehead

McCabe24 06-30-2004 07:37 PM

I believe it would have taken a 10.25 million qualifying offer....

Not in this day and age. :shakehead

Fire Sather 06-30-2004 07:37 PM

Quote:

how about you gather up the gondas to do what he does?

ugh.. sick of the lindros bashers :shakehead

p.l.f. 06-30-2004 07:43 PM

discuss

lindros makes a good leafy

i couldnt see the rangers picking up his 10 million dollar contract for 2004-05

senate 06-30-2004 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Sather
how about you gather up the gondas to do what he does?

ugh.. sick of the lindros bashers :shakehead

Lindros isn't a tenth of the player he used to be. He's had far too many concussions to still be in the nhl. I look forward to see whoever signs him can actually get insurance on his contract.

Judging by Lindros' history (the whole Quebec thing, the Clarke saga, his veto of a trade to the Oilers, and his signing with Rangers) I'd argue that Lindros is still around not because of his gonads but rather due to hubris and greed.

EdBelfour20 06-30-2004 08:17 PM

I dont see anything wrong with signing him to a 1.5M deal with heavy bonuses based on performance :handclap:

Fotiu22 06-30-2004 08:42 PM

Quote:

Lindros isn't a tenth of the player he used to be. He's had far too many concussions to still be in the nhl. I look forward to see whoever signs him can actually get insurance on his contract.

Judging by Lindros' history (the whole Quebec thing, the Clarke saga, his veto of a trade to the Oilers, and his signing with Rangers) I'd argue that Lindros is still around not because of his gonads but rather due to hubris and greed.

yeah, ok...ask Joe Thornton if Lindros can still play. :lol:

Fotiu22 06-30-2004 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdBelfour20
I dont see anything wrong with signing him to a 1.5M deal with heavy bonuses based on performance :handclap:

i think that is definitely a fair offer for him. the $10mil option was a no brainer to decline. I'm hoping we sign him for somewhere around what you are saying. good post.

OlliMackBjugStud 06-30-2004 09:37 PM

i think he still resigns in NYC, but for less.

However, lets say NYC doesnt want him back. Besides the obvious, TOR, who else could use him and could prepare the right incentive laden deal.

My vote is ATL.

DR

Timmer 06-30-2004 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lasreer
Maybe he'll sign with Philly :dunno:

:handclap: :handclap:

Now That..............was funny........... :lol :lol

Egghammer 06-30-2004 11:30 PM

Finally Unrestricted. Guarantee he'll finally play for the Leafs, low guaranteed contract, heavy bonuses. Could be a great move for the Leafs or really terrible. I don't think there would be an in between.

senate 07-01-2004 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fotiu22
yeah, ok...ask Joe Thornton if Lindros can still play. :lol:

How about I ask Jason Doig instead. :)

Verbal Kint* 07-01-2004 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egghammer
Finally Unrestricted. Guarantee he'll finally play for the Leafs, low guaranteed contract, heavy bonuses. Could be a great move for the Leafs or really terrible. I don't think there would be an in between.

Yep, and I'll be loving every minute of it.

Roberts-Sundin-Mogilny
Tucker-Lindros-Nolan
Antropov-Nieuwendyk-Ponikarovsky
Domi-Stajan-Wilm

That is one punishing second line there.

Skebo 07-01-2004 01:11 AM

Lindros vs. Allison, no holds barred on pay per view. The first one to projectile vomit loses.

in the hall 07-01-2004 01:13 AM

I doubt the Leafs want him and if you're a leaf fan you shouldn't either.

The good: his character is great, he is a team leader, good person, a stand up guy, great for the media and fans. A lot of the crap on him is unfounded, unfortunately the people he's been most involved with are probably the reason why he has that bad image, people such as Bobby Clarke and his father, Carl.
Only taking into account last season, while very much a shell of his former self, he is still a dominant player. His strength is unreal, he is a bull, his talents have faded but he's still capable of putting up good numbers. If he'd ever be healthy over a full season, at this stage, he would be a consistent 20-30 goal, 60-70 point player on a good team.

the bad: He is just too much of a liability for any good team. Lindros is a gauranteed injury. His role has too much responsability for him to be out at any given time. The only way I see him being good for a contender is if he becomes a luxory. If he's signed for cheap and is signed AFTER the final team is set in place. Negative performance wise is he at times can be inconsistent with his production, expect some droughts then some scoring streaks. Another negative is he takes very stupid penalties and does so at very stupid times, but to be fair, a lot of times officials don't give him the benefit of the doubt.

Fotiu22 07-01-2004 01:14 AM

Quote:

How about I ask Jason Doig instead. :)

so getting a concussion means a player has no gonads?? that means like, i dont know, all of the players in the NHL who have gotten a concussion at some point in their carreer have no gonads?? yeah...that makes sense. :shakehead

Toonces 07-01-2004 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fotiu22
so getting a concussion means a player has no gonads?? that means like, i dont know, all of the players in the NHL who have gotten a concussion at some point in their carreer have no gonads?? yeah...that makes sense. :shakehead

I guess Jeremy Roenick has no gonads either?

Brain injuries, like all other physical ailments, are not choices.

laraque#27 07-01-2004 07:49 AM

i for one would love to see him in a oiler uniform.

Steve L* 07-01-2004 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maple Leafs Forever
Yep, and I'll be loving every minute of it.

Roberts-Sundin-Mogilny
Tucker-Lindros-Nolan
Antropov-Nieuwendyk-Ponikarovsky
Domi-Stajan-Wilm

That is one punishing second line there.

It would be but 1/3rd of the top line, 2/3rds of the 2nd line and 2/3rds of the 3rd line are injury prone. You dont want another guy to play half a season.

If I were a Leaf fan, Id want nothing to do with Lindros.

DocHolliday 07-01-2004 11:08 AM

The leafs are a team that could afford to have him play a half season. The best situation for Lindros would be to go smoewhere with forward depth and be on a second line without the pressure of leading a club.

MacDaddy TLC* 07-01-2004 11:09 AM

Bring him in on one condition: He gets a real agent; make him change his name to Eric Danton and cut off all ties with Carl. This is the only way I would like to see him on Toronto. One glitch may be he had quite a nasty run in with Darcy Tucker when they were with the Flyers and Lightning respectively.